City Bulb help - Which bulb to use? - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Civic Style > Lighting, H.I.D.'s, & Neon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2019, 02:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

Chris
Photoman just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
City Bulb help - Which bulb to use?

Hey guys, got a set of aftermarket/smoked headlights and they come with a 4th opening for the city driving bulb under the high beam. Not sure if that is the correct name for it, it's what we called them on the VW's when I had one. Wiring I can figure out based on some posts about it on older Civics, but not sure the bulb size on the 06-11 Civics. Thanks for any help or links to posts.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2019, 12:23 PM   #2 (permalink)

Chris
bump this up - still looking for info

Photoman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2019, 07:18 PM   #3 (permalink)

Colin
Colin9690 has their car in neutral right now
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photoman View Post
Hey guys, got a set of aftermarket/smoked headlights and they come with a 4th opening for the city driving bulb under the high beam. Not sure if that is the correct name for it, it's what we called them on the VW's when I had one. Wiring I can figure out based on some posts about it on older Civics, but not sure the bulb size on the 06-11 Civics. Thanks for any help or links to posts.
I had to google it to try to see what you mean, and I think I found a few pictures of what youíre talking about. If itís what Iím thinking, thereís a good chance it could take the stock front turn signal bulb. If this doesnít fit, try some of the other exterior bulbs. Look at the bulb sheet I attached below and try swapping each of these bulbs into the socket. This way, you donít hassle with guessing which one it is, and end up buying the wrong one. Thereís a good chance itís one of the ones on the list, but of course it can also be a size thatís not on there. In that case, Iím not sure what to suggest. Maybe someone else can chime in.

https://www.8thcivic.com/forums/ligh...ent-guide.html

Last edited by Colin9690; 01-19-2019 at 07:20 PM.
Colin9690 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2019, 02:15 AM   #4 (permalink)

JMP2304 has their car in neutral right now
W5w

I have a set of aftermarket headlights also, on the back of the headlight assembly it says W5W. So I bought two W5W plugs/wiring harness and bulbs. My problem is that I would like to use that as another turn signal on the front like some newer vehicles have but I don't know how to wire it so that the bulb is only on when the turn signal is blinking.
JMP2304 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2019, 09:29 PM   #5 (permalink)

Chris
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMP2304 View Post
I have a set of aftermarket headlights also, on the back of the headlight assembly it says W5W. So I bought two W5W plugs/wiring harness and bulbs. My problem is that I would like to use that as another turn signal on the front like some newer vehicles have but I don't know how to wire it so that the bulb is only on when the turn signal is blinking.
Thanks! Yeah, that is the bulb and then I found the harness for it too. I am having my body shop wire that bulb to my daytime running lights. The harness and socket I got wasn't the best, so they are going to silicone it in so its at least water tight
Photoman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in