8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

JDM ASTAR led lighting

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  AzogSS 
#1 · (Edited)
Just bought my third 8th Gen Civic and I'm upgrading all the lighting to LED. I've had good experiences with JDM ASTAR lights on my Tacoma so thought I'd go with them again. This time also getting the LED headlights, as my brother has a set and they work well.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Here is a pic of them. This is a cell phone pic and the "hot spots" don't look that pronounced while driving. Lights up 3 lanes on the interstate with no problem. The lights are good. Now... for those that say "you shouldn't run them in the stock housings" this is my take. I get it, I put raw HIDs in my Tacoma, then got smarter about light scatter. I then retrofitted FX-Rs and 4,000k 35w HIDs that aimed properly. They are great. These lights from JDM ASTAR are pretty good... no retrofit quality, but the LEDs fire to the side, which doesn't scatter light up causing discomfort to other motorists. This is my commuter and I'm not trying to sink tons of money in it, but I like safety and connivence (dark tint and improved lighting). I just ordered the next level of JDM lights, the 8th gen, which are brighter. Anyways, enough rambling, I'm happy with lights, excited about the new ones coming. If anyone wants the ones pictured, they have been in the car a week and I'll make you a deal.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.