Wiring Issue with Pioneer W4400NEX...Help Please - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Civic Style > I.C.E., Electrical, Security, & Navigation

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2018, 10:54 AM   #1 (permalink)

SMRcalidiv just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Wiring Issue with Pioneer W4400NEX...Help Please

Before I get yelled at...I did search, but as it tends to happen I'm exhausted and having a hard time making sense of some of this...so if you can help out, please do...I need it.

OK, so I bought my wife the Pioneer w4400nex, and accompanying wiring kit through Crutchfield. She has a 2006 lx with ( I thought) the standard audio package (she bought the car before we ever met).

I wired up the main harness color for color, and also wired in the brake bypass I purchased through Amazon, with the blue wire of the bypass going to the "Remote" wire of the new deck's harness. I did not wire in the blue wire of the antenna adapter, and it is just hanging there as of now. I noticed an additional harness that wasn't mentioned in the instructions, and I'm not sure what it is. I left it unplugged and the stereo works, receives radio input, but the rear speakers are noticeably louder than the fronts. There is no static or buzzing noise.

Also, the DVD/Video functions with the car parked, NO emergency brake on, and OUT of "Park"...moving under 5mph...which leads me to believe the bypass is working, but the warning comes on over 5mph ish. Could that be a result of the "GPS" wire/receiver that came with the deck? Meaning that if I unplugged it, the bypass would fully function? I'm just curious how it's working to bypass the need for the car having the E-brake pulled, but not "really" working as intended???

Here is the harness in question:

Last edited by SMRcalidiv; 11-04-2018 at 11:00 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2018, 04:04 PM   #2 (permalink)

Bump for HUGE pictures lol

SMRcalidiv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2019, 06:04 AM   #3 (permalink)

dirtdevil just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
I realize this post is 6 months old now, however I have just installed this same headunit with the bypass. Pioneer released a firmware update that once applied, will allow video playback while in motion. With the radio turned on, you will need to turn all sources off then press & hold the lower left corner for approx 10-15 seconds to toggle this "feature" on & off.
dirtdevil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2019, 09:28 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdevil View Post
I realize this post is 6 months old now, however I have just installed this same headunit with the bypass. Pioneer released a firmware update that once applied, will allow video playback while in motion. With the radio turned on, you will need to turn all sources off then press & hold the lower left corner for approx 10-15 seconds to toggle this "feature" on & off.
Thank you for responding. I JUST did the update like 4 days ago, before a small road trip where I actually needed the GPS and video working. The update worked perfectly.

I was reminded however that the other harness issue never was resolved. Does anyone about that other harness in the pics? It's just dangling there now...
Old 03-28-2019, 04:58 PM   #5 (permalink)

dirtdevil just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
The blue wire on the antenna needs to go to the blue remote turn on wire of the pioneer harness. I'm not sure what the grey plug you have is for, I had the stock nav unit and went with the iDatalink Maestro harness for my install.
dirtdevil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2019, 05:07 PM   #6 (permalink)

Christian
striker_1818 has carbon fibre cupholdersstriker_1818 has carbon fibre cupholdersstriker_1818 has carbon fibre cupholdersstriker_1818 has carbon fibre cupholdersstriker_1818 has carbon fibre cupholdersstriker_1818 has carbon fibre cupholdersstriker_1818 has carbon fibre cupholdersstriker_1818 has carbon fibre cupholdersstriker_1818 has carbon fibre cupholdersstriker_1818 has carbon fibre cupholdersstriker_1818 has carbon fibre cupholders
What you are holding looks to be the 20pin harness(for steering wheel control Audio)

And this is how your wiring should look:
striker_1818 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2019, 05:09 PM   #7 (permalink)

Christian
striker_1818 has carbon fibre cupholdersstriker_1818 has carbon fibre cupholdersstriker_1818 has carbon fibre cupholdersstriker_1818 has carbon fibre cupholdersstriker_1818 has carbon fibre cupholdersstriker_1818 has carbon fibre cupholdersstriker_1818 has carbon fibre cupholdersstriker_1818 has carbon fibre cupholdersstriker_1818 has carbon fibre cupholdersstriker_1818 has carbon fibre cupholdersstriker_1818 has carbon fibre cupholders
PS. You don't need to connect the antenna to the "remote turn on" as it's not a powered antenna unless your car came with a amp.
Sedan DX, LX, DX and Coupe DX, LX do not come with an amp.

For reference, go to my install. We both have a pioneer unit. However, yours is a navigation unit(I think?).
https://www.8thcivic.com/forums/i-c-...nt-budget.html

Last edited by striker_1818; 03-28-2019 at 05:12 PM.
Old 04-02-2019, 11:09 AM   #8 (permalink)

Thanks for the input guys.

Her car does not have steering wheel controls...so that's not a concern. Also, the radio comes in fine, so that blue wire not being connected isn't causing any issues.

It is probably a result of aftermarket speakers, and perhaps ohms, but I thought her front speakers sounded "quiet" compared to the rears. I wasn't sure if there were tweeters somewhere that didn't get hooked up, or an amp, or something.

It would appear that having that harness unconnected isn't causing any issues...but it just feels weird to know it's just dangling there. OCD issues...
Old 04-04-2019, 12:26 AM   #9 (permalink)

Christian
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMRcalidiv View Post
Thanks for the input guys.

Her car does not have steering wheel controls...so that's not a concern. Also, the radio comes in fine, so that blue wire not being connected isn't causing any issues.

It is probably a result of aftermarket speakers, and perhaps ohms, but I thought her front speakers sounded "quiet" compared to the rears. I wasn't sure if there were tweeters somewhere that didn't get hooked up, or an amp, or something.

It would appear that having that harness unconnected isn't causing any issues...but it just feels weird to know it's just dangling there. OCD issues...
2006 civic LX do not have tweeters.
Aftermarket speakers should sound just fine. Play around with the deck and also adjust the listening position under settings. But yeah that plug is better to be left alone.
Old 04-04-2019, 02:55 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by striker_1818 View Post
2006 civic LX do not have tweeters.
Aftermarket speakers should sound just fine. Play around with the deck and also adjust the listening position under settings. But yeah that plug is better to be left alone.
Thanks, and that works for me...less work!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in