|09-01-2017, 10:08 PM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Aug 2017
iTrader: 0 reviews
Finalizing full audio upgrade plan, need advice
Hey everyone, first timer on the forum here. I'm gonna try to make this post short, but please bear with me. I've been heavily researching car audio on forums and videos for a month now, and I now feel like I have a very solid understanding of everything. However, I'm a college student who is sorta splurging on some of these parts, so I can't afford to make mistakes in this build. I am mainly asking for y'all to look over this build and give me any final advice to avoid costly mistakes and to give me your final blessing lol.
Feel free to answer whichever questions you can help in, I don't expect anyone to invest all of their time into this thread! And thanks so much in advance!??
My car: 2007 LX Coupe with (I'm guessing) the non-premium sound system with NO navigation.
1. Keep factory head unit
2. Wire LOC to have 4-channel flat signal from factory head unit
3. Install 4 channel aftermarket amp (bridge two channels for sub)
4. Install one new 12in subwoofer (bridged 2 channels @ 2 ohm)
5. Install new front speakers/tweeters (2 channels @ 4 ohm)
6. Keep factory rear speakers (not sure how to keep these connected with signal and power from factory HU)
7. Sound deaden most of the car?
*Features I really want to retain:
1. AUX INPUT is a must!
2. Amp and audio system to turn on/off automatically with headunit/car (I don't want a manual remote switch for the amp)
4. OEM reliability of the sound system
Subwoofer: Phoenix Gold Rsd-12d DVC 4/4 Ohm 12in (500w RMS)
I already own this sub, so I can't return it or get another one.
FRONT Speakers/Tweeters: Phoenix Gold Rsd65cs Component 6.5 Speakers with Tweaters and Crossovers (120w Total RMS)
I already own this speaker/tweeter/crossover combo, so I can't return it
REAR Speakers: Factory LX non-premium 6.5in speakers? (would like to know RMS and specs on these)
Line Output Converter: PAC LP7-4 L.O.C. PRO Series 4-Channel Line Output Converter with Remote Turn On
Amplifier: Pioneer GM-D8604 Class FD 4-Channel Bridgeable Amplifier
Sound Deadening: Noico 50 mil 50 sqft car Sound deadening mat, butyl automotive Sound Deadener, audio Noise Insulation and dampening
Speaker Wire: FosPower 16AWG Speaker Wire [16 Gauge | 100 FT] Premium Spooled Oxygen-Free Copper OFC Speaker Wire with Clear PVC Jacket & Polarity Stripe
Power/Ground Wire, Fuse, Remote Turn-On: Kicker 4 Gauge
Kicker PK4 4 Gauge OFC Power Amplifier Installation Kit
RCA Cables: Kicker 4-channel K-Series
Kicker KI44 4-Meters 4-Channel K-Series RCA Audio Interconnect Cable https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I4E74VM..._ogGQzb5YBFNH5
Speaker Wire: 16 Gauge OFC 100ft
FosPower 16AWG Speaker Wire [16 Gauge | 100 FT] Premium Spooled Oxygen-Free Copper OFC Speaker Wire with Clear PVC Jacket & Polarity Stripe https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01L0I2BR0..._ihGQzb5YBPSM1
Subwoofer Enclosure: 12in Sealed .9 Cubic Ft Volume
BBox E12S 12-Inch Single Sealed Subwoofer Enclosure https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0013MWTB2..._UhGQzbP6V6K6S
My Questions Regarding This Build:
1. Since I want to reuse my old rear speakers (and I will already be using up my 4 channels on my aftermarket amp for the front speakers and sub), can I somehow leave the rear speakers connected to the factory HU amp and channels, and if so, how? (Or, would I have to simply buy a 5 channel amp?)
2. Will I lose fade/balance/bass/treble adjustment if I have this setup as described?
3. Will my 4-channel LOC play nicely wired to my 2-channel factory high level signal?
4. Are my front high level speaker signal wires okay to tap-into for my LOC and RCA to my aftermarket amp? (In other words, will I not get a full-range signal?)
5. How do I keep my factory AUX-input function after wiring this?
6. Would my amp likely have sufficient RMS to run my whole setup without distorting or clipping?
7. Applying sound-deadener: which interior sections will give me the most bang-for-buck for reducing vibration and road noise?
Conclusion: After reading through what I'm trying to accomplish with this build, please let me know if the parts I bought will either bottleneck each other, if I'm missing something, whether they're poor quality, or whether there is a better/cheaper alternative.
Thank you in advance!!