'07 Sedan Factory Amp Location - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Civic Style > I.C.E., Electrical, Security, & Navigation

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2007, 09:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

fred_mumble just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
'07 Sedan Factory Amp Location

This may just be due to my poor searching skills, but I had a hard time finding any information on the factory amp location in a sedan. It was easy to find information about the coupe - the amp is located under the center console. Since I have an '07 Civic Si sedan with Navi, the coupe information didn't apply to my situation. Anyway, I hope this is helpful to someone; the factory / stock amp in the '06 and '07 Civic sedan is located under the driver's seat. Following are some pictures I took of the amp location:

Seat removed, amp cover still on.

Amp cover removed.

Amp removed, with blue pre-amp (on left) and speaker-level (on right) connectors disconnected.

Attached Thumbnails
'07 Sedan Factory Amp Location-img_0870.jpg   '07 Sedan Factory Amp Location-img_0871.jpg   '07 Sedan Factory Amp Location-img_0873.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2007, 03:57 PM   #2 (permalink)

mercman will be known by all on 8thcivic soon
Did you run new wires from your aftermarket amp to the speakers or did you plug in to the 20 pin connector with an aftermarket harness? If you used a speaker harness which one? Crutchfield has the $30 one with the long leads that should work but they don’t provide the pin out.

Thanks
jeff

mercman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2007, 03:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Jeff..REAL FRIENDS> car clubs!
sdblurjdmsquad sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicsdblurjdmsquad sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicsdblurjdmsquad sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicsdblurjdmsquad sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicsdblurjdmsquad sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicsdblurjdmsquad sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicsdblurjdmsquad sometimes day dreams about 8thcivic
Send a message via AIM to sdblurjdmsquad
whats up all?
now with the stock si sedan amp wires, would i be able to run an after market amp off of the stock wires that are from the stock amp?
maybe just extend the wires and route them to the after market amp?
if so is there a wire diagram.

ive been seraching for a few days here now while im at work so i dont think ne one has asked thanks
--jeff
sdblurjdmsquad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2007, 04:17 PM   #4 (permalink)

mercman will be known by all on 8thcivic soon
For Premium sound or Nav you can unplug the factory amp altogether and connect an aftermarket amp to you HU. The standard audio system does not have an external amp. I make a harness for the Acura TSX that does this and this is what Fred used for his install with a JL amp. Iím hopping he will post a few photos. You will have to wire the speakers up to the 20 pin connector or run new wires but I think Crutchfield sells a bypass harness for this. (I havenít tried the speaker wire harness but it should work). The small connector in the photo provides the HU line outputs and the amp turn on lead so itís a no-splice deal. The only constraint is you must use amps with balanced differential inputs because the HU output is balanced differential and canít connect to normal coaxial line inputs. The JL line and RF punch and power series feature this type of input circuitry.
The output of the HU is very clean and requires no additional EQ.
mercman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2008, 11:53 AM   #5 (permalink)

bsbabcock just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Sorry.. yeah I know it's an OOOOOOLD thread, just wanted to comment... THAT itty bitty thing is the factory amp?!?!

1st reaction is wow it does well for as little as it is, but 2nd reaction is, no wonder everyone's bypassing it.
bsbabcock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2008, 01:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Jeff..REAL FRIENDS> car clubs!
sdblurjdmsquad sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicsdblurjdmsquad sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicsdblurjdmsquad sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicsdblurjdmsquad sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicsdblurjdmsquad sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicsdblurjdmsquad sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicsdblurjdmsquad sometimes day dreams about 8thcivic
Send a message via AIM to sdblurjdmsquad
WOw i finally found this..
sdblurjdmsquad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2008, 03:41 PM   #7 (permalink)

bsbabcock just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Yeah how about that.. A guy could possibly avoid pulling dash panels altogether to do an amp install. How 'bout them apples?! Convenient or what?

Slap in mercman's harness, a five channel with balanced ins of your choice.. JL, Rockford or pdx-5 maybe.. use a crutchfield amp-bypass harness and you're done.. badda bing badda boom! It would be harder to run the silly power/ground wiring.
bsbabcock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2010, 12:33 PM   #8 (permalink)

macracing09 just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Hi! I know this is old, but I'm trying a DIY audio installation and was planning to connect a JL j2 amplifier using high level inputs? where should I connect them? i was hoping you guys can guide me which wire leads to the Front left and front right speaker etc... thanks
macracing09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2013, 09:55 PM   #9 (permalink)

H2BT_K_Killer just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
by any chance do any of you guys know if there is a fuse for that factory amp?
H2BT_K_Killer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2019, 03:38 PM   #10 (permalink)

Tommy
OMGOrangeSi just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Garage
Unhappy Need wiring advice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred_mumble View Post
This may just be due to my poor searching skills, but I had a hard time finding any information on the factory amp location in a sedan. It was easy to find information about the coupe - the amp is located under the center console. Since I have an '07 Civic Si sedan with Navi, the coupe information didn't apply to my situation. Anyway, I hope this is helpful to someone; the factory / stock amp in the '06 and '07 Civic sedan is located under the driver's seat. Following are some pictures I took of the amp location:

Seat removed, amp cover still on.

Amp cover removed.

Amp removed, with blue pre-amp (on left) and speaker-level (on right) connectors disconnected.
I need help! I want to keep my factory HU, and bypass my stock amp. I have the Metra 70-1727 Factory Amp Bypass Harness and I have it plugged into the bigger of the two molex plugs of the vehicle harness. But after reading that the speaker level output is the bigger one, I don't think I have this hooked up right. Or worse, I have the wrong kind of Metra Harness.

What I am trying to do is hook up my Audio Control LC7i to the HU pre-amp output signal, and then the LC7i sends the signal to the 5 channel Alpine MRV-V500 amp. At least that's how I understand how it works...

Also, I'm looking for the switched ACC power lead that will activate the LC7i to turn on as well. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited by OMGOrangeSi; 04-02-2019 at 03:41 PM.
OMGOrangeSi is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in