How long have you been driving? How many accidents? - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Welcome > Garage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2006, 03:39 AM   #1 (permalink)

dlux200sx just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivicdlux200sx just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivicdlux200sx just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivicdlux200sx just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivic
How long have you been driving? How many accidents?

Lets take a survey. How long have you been driving, and how many serious accidents have you been involved in? When I say serious, lets set the bar at $500 dollars worth of damage or more, to you or another vehicle/person, regardless of whether you fixed the damage or not, regardless of fault.

I'll start:

6 1/2 years experience, 1 accident*

*occured around 2nd year of driving. While driving a Toyota Previa minivan, I slowly backed out of a driveway and into the door of a parked civic and put a dent on the door the size of a football.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2006, 03:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
VIP Member

J. M. back by popular demand!
CaliGuy is teh bbq kingCaliGuy is teh bbq kingCaliGuy is teh bbq kingCaliGuy is teh bbq kingCaliGuy is teh bbq kingCaliGuy is teh bbq kingCaliGuy is teh bbq kingCaliGuy is teh bbq kingCaliGuy is teh bbq kingCaliGuy is teh bbq kingCaliGuy is teh bbq king
4 myself...not heavy damage though...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Visit my city! Free vagin for every resident (in direct contrast to the other cities that only provide free Fleshlites!)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CaliGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2006, 04:01 AM   #3 (permalink)

dcloud sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicdcloud sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicdcloud sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicdcloud sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicdcloud sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicdcloud sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicdcloud sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicdcloud sometimes day dreams about 8thcivic
I've been driving for 5 years. One Accident.

I was in right lane, she was in a huge line up at a light in the left lane. I came down the right lane and she pulled out, I ran right into her. No injuries. She admitted she couldnt see anything because of a big truck behind her, so she pulled out anyways to get out of the huge line and hoped for the best. I couldn't believe it. I wanted to slap her.
dcloud is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2006, 04:38 PM   #4 (permalink)

Jason
Only a R18 just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
4 years, not yet (knocking on wood). Came close a couple of times with people not shoulder checking and running lights. But not yet, i hope i never do.
Only a R18 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2006, 04:41 PM   #5 (permalink)

Cybergypsy gets 3000 mpgCybergypsy gets 3000 mpgCybergypsy gets 3000 mpgCybergypsy gets 3000 mpgCybergypsy gets 3000 mpgCybergypsy gets 3000 mpgCybergypsy gets 3000 mpgCybergypsy gets 3000 mpgCybergypsy gets 3000 mpgCybergypsy gets 3000 mpgCybergypsy gets 3000 mpg
Send a message via Skype™ to Cybergypsy
30 years one accident, rearended at red light
Cybergypsy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2006, 04:42 PM   #6 (permalink)

Mike C.
whitecivicsi is the 8thcivic ninja warriorwhitecivicsi is the 8thcivic ninja warriorwhitecivicsi is the 8thcivic ninja warriorwhitecivicsi is the 8thcivic ninja warriorwhitecivicsi is the 8thcivic ninja warriorwhitecivicsi is the 8thcivic ninja warriorwhitecivicsi is the 8thcivic ninja warriorwhitecivicsi is the 8thcivic ninja warriorwhitecivicsi is the 8thcivic ninja warriorwhitecivicsi is the 8thcivic ninja warriorwhitecivicsi is the 8thcivic ninja warrior
Send a message via AIM to whitecivicsi
I've been driving for 11 years and 5 accidents 3 not my fault. Yes, I know it sucks. But my driving record is clean right now. I'm so glad!
whitecivicsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2006, 04:45 PM   #7 (permalink)

_cargirl just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
5 years of driving. Two minor accidents.

I was in my Cavalier and it was the day before my 18th birthday. I hit someone on the side, oops. =( It was my first accident and I freaked out. I didn't tell my dad til he got the mail.

Then a week before my graduation, I was leaving school one day and a car behind me wasn't paying attention and he fender-bender my Cavalier and gave this nasty bump on my back bumper.

Ever since my first accident, I have always been careful and drove the speed limit but there's always someone not paying attention and getting close to messing up my car.
_cargirl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2006, 05:53 PM   #8 (permalink)

CHRIS switches lanes in the middle of intersectionsCHRIS switches lanes in the middle of intersectionsCHRIS switches lanes in the middle of intersectionsCHRIS switches lanes in the middle of intersectionsCHRIS switches lanes in the middle of intersectionsCHRIS switches lanes in the middle of intersectionsCHRIS switches lanes in the middle of intersectionsCHRIS switches lanes in the middle of intersectionsCHRIS switches lanes in the middle of intersectionsCHRIS switches lanes in the middle of intersectionsCHRIS switches lanes in the middle of intersections
5 years, nothing...knock on wood
CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2006, 07:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
VIP Member

David Yonehara
Yospeed needs another gear in their car!!!!Yospeed needs another gear in their car!!!!Yospeed needs another gear in their car!!!!Yospeed needs another gear in their car!!!!Yospeed needs another gear in their car!!!!Yospeed needs another gear in their car!!!!Yospeed needs another gear in their car!!!!Yospeed needs another gear in their car!!!!Yospeed needs another gear in their car!!!!Yospeed needs another gear in their car!!!!Yospeed needs another gear in their car!!!!
Send a message via AIM to Yospeed
4 years.

3 accidents.

Rear-ended a Mustang in my Previa (my fault)

MDX backed into me while we were at a stop (her fault. drunk *****)

92'ish Civic, and 01' Tacoma hit me head on after running a red light. (their fault)

|
|
|
|
Yospeed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2006, 08:45 PM   #10 (permalink)

Randyg75 just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
15 years. First and only accident was last summer. Rear-ended while sitting at a stop light.
Randyg75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2006, 09:08 PM   #11 (permalink)

ShaggySi just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
6 years none....(knock on wood)...close once or twice people and not knowing how a traffic circle works....idots
ShaggySi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2006, 09:25 PM   #12 (permalink)

2evolved just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
4 years, 2 accidents... self accidents with no people involved on open tracks.

Unfortunetly about 8 tickets the first year I had my license...

1. 02 Celica GTS

2. 04 Evo VIII
2evolved is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2006, 09:44 PM   #13 (permalink)

Hostage46 just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
28 years ...... no accidents, not a scratch.
Hostage46 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2006, 10:20 PM   #14 (permalink)

Chris
SiC17 will be known by all on 8thcivic soon
11+ years, one accident, my fault. I rearended some old guy in a Caddy when I was almost 17 while driving an '82 Ford F100 on wet roads going about 15mph. He was pissed, screaming about how I probably didn't have insurance (I did and do). That's it.... but let's not talk about speeding tickets, please.
SiC17 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2006, 02:34 PM   #15 (permalink)

Mike
m1k3 just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivicm1k3 just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivicm1k3 just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivicm1k3 just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivicm1k3 just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivic
got my liscense in NOV.

none yet knock on wood
m1k3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2006, 02:46 PM   #16 (permalink)

Retread just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
30 years, none reportable.
Retread is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2006, 02:57 PM   #17 (permalink)
Crazy Yellow Puppet

Back and Forth Forever
CameronJr9 likez to fill up with red trolleyCameronJr9 likez to fill up with red trolleyCameronJr9 likez to fill up with red trolleyCameronJr9 likez to fill up with red trolleyCameronJr9 likez to fill up with red trolleyCameronJr9 likez to fill up with red trolleyCameronJr9 likez to fill up with red trolleyCameronJr9 likez to fill up with red trolleyCameronJr9 likez to fill up with red trolleyCameronJr9 likez to fill up with red trolleyCameronJr9 likez to fill up with red trolley
10 years - 1 accident. Brakes went out in my '86 Monte Carlo. I rearended a Bonneville, filled to the brim with a family that had just left church. I had only liability, so they were covered and I ate the repair costs for my car.

I went from this:

To this:

CameronJr9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2006, 02:59 PM   #18 (permalink)

Melissa
missy867 is teh bbq kingmissy867 is teh bbq kingmissy867 is teh bbq kingmissy867 is teh bbq kingmissy867 is teh bbq kingmissy867 is teh bbq kingmissy867 is teh bbq kingmissy867 is teh bbq kingmissy867 is teh bbq kingmissy867 is teh bbq kingmissy867 is teh bbq king
Send a message via AIM to missy867 Send a message via Yahoo to missy867
7 years and 2 accidents, both accidents was about $2000 worth of damage on my Toyota Celica that folded up like aluminum foil. Neither accident my fault
missy867 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2006, 04:04 PM   #19 (permalink)

Dent
dentrecords likez to fill up with red trolleydentrecords likez to fill up with red trolleydentrecords likez to fill up with red trolleydentrecords likez to fill up with red trolleydentrecords likez to fill up with red trolleydentrecords likez to fill up with red trolleydentrecords likez to fill up with red trolleydentrecords likez to fill up with red trolleydentrecords likez to fill up with red trolleydentrecords likez to fill up with red trolleydentrecords likez to fill up with red trolley
8 years. 4 accidents.

First: Rear ended someone on the highway when she slammed on her brakes because a truck 3 lanes over had something fall out of the back. Wasn't a high speed collision. Bought the lady a new bumper.

Second: Pulled out to turn left at a stop sign, and someone came speeding around a blind corner and nudged the front of my car. The driver was unable to stop due to black ice. There was barely any damage, my car only needed an alignment (after being t-boned). The other side claimed the accident was bloody murder and took it to insurance, got them to replace the whole front end of his 94 buick. This accident has jacked my rates for 5+ years now. Next year, they finally cannot hold it against me. My insurance company never paid a dime out for this collision. Nothing I could have done to avoid the collision other than simply never pull out of that intersection. No one was there when I entered the intersection. Got a ticket from a cop sitting at a desk when we reported the incident, successfully skewing my opinion of our police force.

Third: Not at fault. Rear ended on the highway in traffic by a semi-trailer. Twice. The driver claimed he didn't see me. Bad weather partially to blame (for the traffic conditions anyways). Semi driver charged with following too close.

Fourth: Not at fault. Girlfriend was driving my car, and going straight through a green light at an intersection with full right of way. Another driver is waiting to turn left in the intersection and decides to turn right as my girlfriend is entering the intersection. Front end of the car is done. Other driver is charged with failing to yield. This accident happened only two days after the rear ending incident with the semi, and the car (1997 Civic EX sedan) was written off on purely cosmetic damage.

Quote:
stroke this
dentrecords is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2006, 04:19 PM   #20 (permalink)

tegrady will be known by all on 8thcivic soon
Been driving for 20 years with 3 major accidents. Funny enough, none because of driving like an idiot (which I do quite regularly), a few from not paying attention.

1 - My Fault - When I was still 16, I fell asleep at the wheel in my mom's brand new 1986 Ford Taurus and bounced it of 4 or 5 trees. Totaled the car, I got away with a lump on the head and bruises on my shoulder and hips from the seatbelt.

2 - Not My Fault - Got rear-ended when I was stopped on the highway for another accident in my 1991 Mazda 323. Almost no damage to the rear, but I got pushed under a Four-Runner and completely peeled the hood back. Ended up with about $2,300 in repairs and no injury.

3 - My Fault - Got T-Boned in my 2001 S-10. $4,500 in damage to my truck, $3,500 to the Accord I pulled in front of. I ended up with a really bruised up hip.

Wow, when I actually stop to write it down it looks worse than I thought.

tegrady is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in