7th gen owners slamming the 8th gen - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Welcome > Garage

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2006, 11:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

RockALittle250 just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivicRockALittle250 just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivicRockALittle250 just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivicRockALittle250 just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivic
Angry 7th gen owners slamming the 8th gen

I've been lurking over at 7th gen civic for a few days, and noticed that many people who have seen/test driven an '06 have slammed it for numurous reasons, and said that they would never trade in their 7th gen for "that piece of crap." What do you guys think...jelousy? A feeling of dominance since our Civics have only been out less than a year? I also see out around town where i sometimes get these strange looks from 7th geners. I mean, it's not like the 7th gen is better than the 8th!

Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2006, 11:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

6spdChick just put it into 4th gear on 8thcivic6spdChick just put it into 4th gear on 8thcivic6spdChick just put it into 4th gear on 8thcivic6spdChick just put it into 4th gear on 8thcivic6spdChick just put it into 4th gear on 8thcivic6spdChick just put it into 4th gear on 8thcivic
Sounds like jealousy to me. I think that's what usually happends when people can't get what they want. Talk crap to make yourself feel better like you don't really want it lol I don't know anything about the 7th gens so I can't make any comment other than I'm sure it's pure jealousy.

6spdChick is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2006, 11:33 PM   #3 (permalink)

psylenc2k just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
improved power, sportier styling, improved interior space and styling, improved gas mileage, i dont see how anyone in a 7th gen could hate?
psylenc2k is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2006, 11:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

skittleslegend has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via Yahoo to skittleslegend
Quote:
Originally Posted by psylenc2k
improved power, sportier styling, improved interior space and styling, improved gas mileage, i dont see how anyone in a 7th gen could hate?

Perhaps it's because just about everyone in the industry hated on their car for being the ball that Honda dropped (hmm...well, maybe just the Si...everyone else found the non-Si just as laughable; you know, folks over at Mazda and Chevy, and everyone else that caught up and all but surpassed the 7th gen Civic). Not that I care what anybody thinks. I like my Car of the Year sweeper. Let em hate. Sad that family would act like that, but hey...whatever.
skittleslegend is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2006, 11:41 PM   #5 (permalink)

Esteban
Fixer just put it into 2nd gear on 8thcivicFixer just put it into 2nd gear on 8thcivic
I think many people feel burned when they realize that if they had just waited a year, they could have gotten something better. One of the sales reps at my Honda dealer mentioned that the next generation CR-V is going to be worlds different looking and better overall than the present line. But cost about the same. Now they still have to sell the '06 models but he's telling his friends, that might be interested in a CR-V that is, to wait until '07 models arrive or they will feel pretty PO'd for not waiting. The 7 geners probably are in the same boat.
Fixer is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2006, 11:48 PM   #6 (permalink)

jwoair23 just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Send a message via AIM to jwoair23
You know they definetly are jealous, our car is pretty much superior in every way to theirs: looks, power, gas mileage, handling etc etc. I don't really blame them, I would be mad too, I've often said how angry I would be if I bought a Civic last year and saw this year's model come out!
jwoair23 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2006, 11:49 PM   #7 (permalink)

jspecFG lives their life a quarter mile at a timejspecFG lives their life a quarter mile at a timejspecFG lives their life a quarter mile at a timejspecFG lives their life a quarter mile at a timejspecFG lives their life a quarter mile at a time

Last edited by jspecFG; 05-17-2006 at 12:03 AM.
jspecFG is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2006, 12:10 AM   #8 (permalink)
Acorns!

webby likez to fill up with red trolleywebby likez to fill up with red trolleywebby likez to fill up with red trolleywebby likez to fill up with red trolleywebby likez to fill up with red trolleywebby likez to fill up with red trolleywebby likez to fill up with red trolleywebby likez to fill up with red trolleywebby likez to fill up with red trolleywebby likez to fill up with red trolleywebby likez to fill up with red trolley
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadriver
They sound immature to me. I'm down with all gen's of the Civic... they all have pros/cons ... you just have to appreciate each gen for what they had to offer during their time.
webby is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2006, 12:13 AM   #9 (permalink)
Webby's Minion

Nikon Squad Member #8
8thgenuser wheelies their car in reverse8thgenuser wheelies their car in reverse8thgenuser wheelies their car in reverse8thgenuser wheelies their car in reverse8thgenuser wheelies their car in reverse8thgenuser wheelies their car in reverse8thgenuser wheelies their car in reverse8thgenuser wheelies their car in reverse8thgenuser wheelies their car in reverse8thgenuser wheelies their car in reverse8thgenuser wheelies their car in reverse
I wouldn't worry about them too much. A lot of those guys like talking a bunch of smack over there.

The high level of maturity here is what sets us apart from the other car forums.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

- 8 t h g e n u s e r -
8thgenuser is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2006, 12:30 AM   #10 (permalink)

tennisfan16 is the 8thcivic ninja warriortennisfan16 is the 8thcivic ninja warriortennisfan16 is the 8thcivic ninja warriortennisfan16 is the 8thcivic ninja warriortennisfan16 is the 8thcivic ninja warriortennisfan16 is the 8thcivic ninja warriortennisfan16 is the 8thcivic ninja warriortennisfan16 is the 8thcivic ninja warriortennisfan16 is the 8thcivic ninja warriortennisfan16 is the 8thcivic ninja warriortennisfan16 is the 8thcivic ninja warrior
you wanna see some real haters, go to clubrsx. thats a mean bunch
tennisfan16 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2006, 12:34 AM   #11 (permalink)
Crazy Yellow Puppet

Back and Forth Forever
CameronJr9 likez to fill up with red trolleyCameronJr9 likez to fill up with red trolleyCameronJr9 likez to fill up with red trolleyCameronJr9 likez to fill up with red trolleyCameronJr9 likez to fill up with red trolleyCameronJr9 likez to fill up with red trolleyCameronJr9 likez to fill up with red trolleyCameronJr9 likez to fill up with red trolleyCameronJr9 likez to fill up with red trolleyCameronJr9 likez to fill up with red trolleyCameronJr9 likez to fill up with red trolley
It's disappointing that it is within the "family," but it's to be expected. We all love our cars. That's why we're here in the first place.
Just wait. The '07s and '08s are going to come out with slight body changes and more horsepower, cooler lights or wheel options, and we're going to be just as jealous. It happens. It's just unfortunate that they (as probably will we) have to resort to name calling and such.
Oh well, we still have the better cars.

CameronJr9 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2006, 12:45 AM   #12 (permalink)
VIP Member

David Yonehara
Yospeed needs another gear in their car!!!!Yospeed needs another gear in their car!!!!Yospeed needs another gear in their car!!!!Yospeed needs another gear in their car!!!!Yospeed needs another gear in their car!!!!Yospeed needs another gear in their car!!!!Yospeed needs another gear in their car!!!!Yospeed needs another gear in their car!!!!Yospeed needs another gear in their car!!!!Yospeed needs another gear in their car!!!!Yospeed needs another gear in their car!!!!
Send a message via AIM to Yospeed
Three of my employees drive 5th, 6th, and 7th gen civics, and they can't shutup about how much better my car is. Maybe that's why I've got such a big head. :P

Oh well. I'm not going to say we're better in any way, but were certainly not worse.

|
|
|
|
Yospeed is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2006, 01:11 AM   #13 (permalink)

schnellsy just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfan16
you wanna see some real haters, go to clubrsx. thats a mean bunch
lol... Thats a "no er" there..
schnellsy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2006, 01:15 AM   #14 (permalink)

Scourge just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Hey, I'm a ClubRSXer bowing down to the Si. I feel my RSX-S is missing much of the extras that the Si has to offer. I'd have no need for my 6 disc player if I could play WMA/MP3s. The Si (and EX) has a better sound system... My RSX-S's base speaker sucks ass. The RSX NEEDS engine mounts because of the crazy wheel hop. No LSD in the RSX... And the price tag... It's clear what the better choice is.

The only thing the RSX-S (02-04) has over the Si is being able to put a KPro in. A reflash isn't enough for me.
Scourge is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2006, 12:04 PM   #15 (permalink)

ffokuf just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Send a message via AIM to ffokuf
Not everyone's a hater. There's also many people in that thread that have seen and/or tested it and loved it. It gets alot of mixed reviews, as do all cars.

Personally I hated the 7th gens when they first came out, then they grew on me, and I bought an 03 EX and love the hell out of it. I also thought the 06 civic was almost the oddest thing Honda ever put out, but every time I see it I like it more. I am pondering the idea of getting rid of my 03 for a 07 Si.

Better or not is definately a matter of opinion. In contrast the 06 civic is HOLD **** WAY different than the 7th gens, and for those who love the styling of the 7th gens they have every right to not like it, you know...but yeah like I said there's plenty of 7th genners in that same thread that have nothing but good things to say about the 8th gens.
ffokuf is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2006, 12:14 PM   #16 (permalink)

_cargirl just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
It doesn't surprise me. My friend use to have a 96 Civic and she said the 8th gen Civics were too ugly, too light and blah blah blah. I know and believe everyone is entitled to their own opinions so I'm not surprised. I'll tell you this the Civic has IMPROVED a lot with the interior and the exterior though. I'm just hoping no one fks it up with some ric0r ass ****.
_cargirl is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2006, 12:50 PM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

skittleslegend has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via Yahoo to skittleslegend
Quote:
Originally Posted by _cargirl
It doesn't surprise me. My friend use to have a 96 Civic and she said the 8th gen Civics were too ugly, too light and blah blah blah. I know and believe everyone is entitled to their own opinions so I'm not surprised. I'll tell you this the Civic has IMPROVED a lot with the interior and the exterior though. I'm just hoping no one fks it up with some ric0r ass ****.
Too late, babygirl...

skittleslegend is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2006, 12:57 PM   #18 (permalink)

Tim
FujiBlueSi just put it into 2nd gear on 8thcivicFujiBlueSi just put it into 2nd gear on 8thcivic
Send a message via AIM to FujiBlueSi
I have a 03 EX and I still love that car. I prefer my 06 Si of course. I don't really feel that anyone surpassed the 7th gens. (I admit that Si was a letdown)The competition may have been faster but the quality of the 7th gens are without question. 40K miles on my 03 and it runs like the day I bought it. No rattle, no creaks. Try that in any other econo-car.
FujiBlueSi is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2006, 12:57 PM   #19 (permalink)
ID10T

Shemmy just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicShemmy just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicShemmy just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicShemmy just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicShemmy just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicShemmy just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicShemmy just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicShemmy just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicShemmy just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicShemmy just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicShemmy just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivic
Arrggghh!

edit: to the pic above.
Shemmy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2006, 12:59 PM   #20 (permalink)
Webby's Minion

Nikon Squad Member #8
8thgenuser wheelies their car in reverse8thgenuser wheelies their car in reverse8thgenuser wheelies their car in reverse8thgenuser wheelies their car in reverse8thgenuser wheelies their car in reverse8thgenuser wheelies their car in reverse8thgenuser wheelies their car in reverse8thgenuser wheelies their car in reverse8thgenuser wheelies their car in reverse8thgenuser wheelies their car in reverse8thgenuser wheelies their car in reverse
Those 7th genners who are hating most likely have something modified in their car and compared their modded ride to a stock 8th gen. That's not really comparing apples to apples.

And I agree that not all ClubRSX or 7thGenCivic members are haters. They just really love their cars, as they should.

- 8 t h g e n u s e r -
8thgenuser is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in