8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

What else do you drive!

7K views 70 replies 48 participants last post by  X_Civic 
#1 · (Edited)
I love my FA5 07 SI, it is my 2nd car and my new daily. 28+ mpg and a six-speed make my hour commute in the mornings an afternoons much more fun! :vtec: My first love is my old 99 Suburban. Its my camping, hauling/towing, back-road exploring, weekend warrior. 346,xxx miles on the body and counting :dance:

What do you guys drive besides Hondas?

#11 ·
I had a RC51 when they first came out - it kept my 08 CBR1krr company up until 3 years ago. I sold the RC because the CBR was SO much faster and lighter, and was light years above it in terms of "ease of riding", but every.single.day.... I kick myself for selling the RC. I've never owned a bike that had the same "feeling" to it, the Vtwin with the right pipes sounds exotic (like a TLR, Ape, Duc) - and it had unlimited low end power (for a vtwin, it was a high rev motor, but compared to an inline, it didn't have the up-top punch *we are talking about speeds over 130mph though at that level, and sure it could do 170mph, but the CBR went well over that in stock form).

I had more in carbon fiber and mods than the cost of the bike. Magical Racing and Moriwaki (spelling?) parts, HRC components, stuff from LadybirdRacing and a couple other high end things.

The reason I regret the sale? I can't ride my CBR1000rr to even 70% of what it has to offer on the street. Not even close. Straight line acceleration is pretty much the fastest you can go WITHOUT electric aids/traction control/etc. The RC51, you could at least give it a solid 90% on the street, tear **** up, but still be in control. The CBR and the other current liter bikes are honestly (from someone who's been riding dirt from age 6, and street since 14) the liter bikes are just too much now.

Sorry about the long winded post - to the dude above that has a RC51 - he will get it, they are pretty rare, not in price, but just how many are out there - its a highly uncommon bike. I NEVER came across another one in 7-8 years of ownership in person, only on speedzilla.com and it was a tight knit community.

I also had a boosted tC at time, and was building a ep3 turbo hatch that some drunk muv***er ran into the back of, after rebuilding it with $5k worth of OEM parts (I was rebuilding the car completely, to KEEP) and added a turbo, had it for 2 weeks boosted and some ***head did this:

So then I ended up replacing that SI with a 8thgen and going with Kraftwerks for a power bump.

I've owned 2 Porsche's (never, ever again) a Cobra, 3000gt, turbo eclipse, a yaris, and everything I've owned gets modified pretty well - but for my next vehicle, I've got to get away from modding stuff. TOO much money, and I get more reward out of customizing my house and stuff.

Next car I'd LOVE to get would be focus RS or Type R, but I've got to get away from car modding. :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.