hail damaged 2007 si - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Welcome > Garage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2014, 09:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

nathanie1 just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
hail damaged 2007 si

hey everyone,

my car was recently damaged in a hail storm in denver. the damage was pretty significant on my hood roof trunk and driverside of the car. I got a check to fix the damage but all the shops around here are so busy that the earliest they could start working on my car was in 2 months.

I dont really want to deal with it so i was just thinking about keeping the check and selling the damaged car to get something else but i have no idea what a fair price to sell my car would be.

Its a 2007 RR si coupe with 139,000 miles. it has an HFP front lip but other then that its completely stock. it was in excellent shape before the hail. Any idea what i should list it for? Thanks in advance for your help!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2014, 02:04 AM   #2 (permalink)

Drew
DR3W5K1 just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanie1 View Post
hey everyone,

my car was recently damaged in a hail storm in denver. the damage was pretty significant on my hood roof trunk and driverside of the car. I got a check to fix the damage but all the shops around here are so busy that the earliest they could start working on my car was in 2 months.

I dont really want to deal with it so i was just thinking about keeping the check and selling the damaged car to get something else but i have no idea what a fair price to sell my car would be.

Its a 2007 RR si coupe with 139,000 miles. it has an HFP front lip but other then that its completely stock. it was in excellent shape before the hail. Any idea what i should list it for? Thanks in advance for your help!
Not to be a party pooper but with hail damage and high miles like that 6-7k

DR3W5K1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2014, 03:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
ilh

ilh just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Next time your car gets damaged by hail, get the 16oz hammer out and finish the job... Make sure its a write-off!

Not many people are gonna buy a car that looks like a golf-ball unless its real damn cheap, unfortunately.
ilh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2014, 07:03 PM   #4 (permalink)

nathanie1 just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
i just sold it for 6k but by the amount of interest i got on it i feel like i could have gotten more haha
nathanie1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2014, 10:57 AM   #5 (permalink)

Leonard
Leonard1818 just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicLeonard1818 just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicLeonard1818 just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicLeonard1818 just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicLeonard1818 just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicLeonard1818 just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicLeonard1818 just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicLeonard1818 just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicLeonard1818 just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicLeonard1818 just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivic
Yeah, I don't know what the others were thinking. I obviously didn't see it but I've seem some really badly hail damaged vehicles in my area that got fixed by paintless dent removal like brand new and it didn't cost too much to have it done.

Someone probably got a really good deal. 6K for the car and $1000-$2000 worth of PDR and they've got a nice vehicle for under 8K.
Leonard1818 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2014, 11:01 AM   #6 (permalink)

Drew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard1818 View Post
Yeah, I don't know what the others were thinking. I obviously didn't see it but I've seem some really badly hail damaged vehicles in my area that got fixed by paintless dent removal like brand new and it didn't cost too much to have it done.

Someone probably got a really good deal. 6K for the car and $1000-$2000 worth of PDR and they've got a nice vehicle for under 8K.
Paintless dent removal.... LOL
Old 10-21-2014, 09:52 PM   #7 (permalink)

Yoshi
Yoshir85 just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR3W5K1 View Post
Paintless dent removal.... LOL
What's so funny about PDR? ._.
Yoshir85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2014, 10:47 PM   #8 (permalink)

DGates01 just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshir85 View Post
lol
DGates01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2014, 12:12 AM   #9 (permalink)

Drew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshir85 View Post
Nothing it works great for hail damage especially when the whole body is damaged. As you know you can do "PDR" on fender lips and body creases..... That skirt don't work homie if the body has dents on lines or creases forget about it bro
Old 10-22-2014, 01:04 AM   #10 (permalink)

HFP-CivicSI just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanie1 View Post
hey everyone,

You could always bondo it, sand it yourself, then pay to get the car wrapped (any color you want) and come out WELL ahead of a full repair and paint job.

If you are asking my opinion on what your car is worth, with your high mileage, I'd say $5k. Seriously. You are looking to unload your high mileage, body destroyed car to someone, when people are picking up half the mileage, mint condition bodied cars for $11k or so. Mine is a year newer and was $11,200 w/ 60k miles - and a 1 previous owner car, and a flawless interior (and completely stock).

You can't just say the KBB is X dollars, and subtract your check amount from that. You are giving a full blown project to someone and washing your hands clean. That comes at a penalty to you unfortunately.
HFP-CivicSI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2014, 01:10 AM   #11 (permalink)

Drew
Quote:
Originally Posted by HFP-CivicSI View Post
You could always bondo it, sand it yourself, then pay to get the car wrapped (any color you want) and come out WELL ahead of a full repair and paint job.

If you are asking my opinion on what your car is worth, with your high mileage, I'd say $5k. Seriously. You are looking to unload your high mileage, body destroyed car to someone, when people are picking up half the mileage, mint condition bodied cars for $11k or so. Mine is a year newer and was $11,200 w/ 60k miles - and a 1 previous owner car, and a flawless interior (and completely stock).

You can't just say the KBB is X dollars, and subtract your check amount from that. You are giving a full blown project to someone and washing your hands clean. That comes at a penalty to you unfortunately.
He already sold it for 6. Not to bad
Old 10-22-2014, 12:16 PM   #12 (permalink)

Yoshi
Yoshir85 just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Quote:
Nothing it works great for hail damage especially when the whole body is damaged. As you know you can do "PDR" on fender lips and body creases..... That skirt don't work homie if the body has dents on lines or creases forget about it bro
You'd be surprised as to what some PDR techs can get out. They can get dents out of fender/QP lips and doglegs too depending how the panel is constructed. It varies by make and model. As for the dents in creases, it depends on the severity of the damage into the body line. A dent in the body line about 1" to 2" wide x 1/4" to 1/2" deep is not that difficult to get out.
Yoshir85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2014, 12:45 AM   #13 (permalink)

eghatch9295 just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
re skinning the roof would have been the best option. if you found a donor (not hard, two parts coupes on my local cl), youd be in the repair around a grand after paying someone to graft it in. at a bodyshop i once worked for, someone just poured a gallon of filler on the roof of a r-title chevy hhr. after paint, you couldnt tell.
eghatch9295 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2014, 04:08 AM   #14 (permalink)

DGates01 just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Quote:
Not to be a party pooper but with hail damage and high miles like that 6-7k
Ditto
DGates01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in