How to keep parked car cool - Page 2 - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Welcome > Garage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2006, 02:54 PM   #21 (permalink)
Banned

06blaksi likez to fill up with red trolley06blaksi likez to fill up with red trolley06blaksi likez to fill up with red trolley06blaksi likez to fill up with red trolley06blaksi likez to fill up with red trolley06blaksi likez to fill up with red trolley06blaksi likez to fill up with red trolley06blaksi likez to fill up with red trolley06blaksi likez to fill up with red trolley06blaksi likez to fill up with red trolley06blaksi likez to fill up with red trolley
Send a message via AIM to 06blaksi Send a message via Yahoo to 06blaksi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckminster
It sounds as if you leave those WeatherTechs on permanently. Do you think they could be easily removed and reapplied on a daily (if not weekly) basis?
Weathertech shades aren't like Ventshades because they don't mount permanantly. They just slide into the window channel. I would recommend leaving them on for a week until they seat. After that you can remove them and put them back on as much as you want. I love them!

06blaksi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2006, 03:01 PM   #22 (permalink)

michaelbgone just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckminster
It sounds as if you leave those WeatherTechs on permanently. Do you think they could be easily removed and reapplied on a daily (if not weekly) basis?
Personally I can't see myself doing that, but they go in so easily I expect that won't be a problem for you.

I'm here in the stinkin south-east, well mid-atlantic area and we get rain often enough that I will leave mine in. Even going down the road with the windows cracked it will keep the rain and windshield runoff out of the car. I like fresh air, dont' use the AC except on the hottest/humid days.

michaelbgone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2019, 12:52 PM   #23 (permalink)

CK Ooi
CK Ooi has their car in neutral right now
Cool

I DIY and install a 20W solar panel with strong ventilation fan to expel the stale air from the cabin to the outside of the car. I am able to keep the cabin temperature about 10 to 15 degree C above the outside temperature of 35 degree C.
CK Ooi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2019, 11:35 PM   #24 (permalink)

MisterBek has their car in neutral right now
Quote:
Originally Posted by CK Ooi View Post
I DIY and install a 20W solar panel with strong ventilation fan to expel the stale air from the cabin to the outside of the car. I am able to keep the cabin temperature about 10 to 15 degree C above the outside temperature of 35 degree C.
Where do you vent the air to? The only ones I have seen in the past vented out a window, which kind of defeats the purpose.

EDIT: Holy old thread! Lol

Last edited by MisterBek; 04-13-2019 at 11:38 PM.
MisterBek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2019, 09:36 PM   #25 (permalink)

CK Ooi
CK Ooi has their car in neutral right now
The tiny solar cool window unit is hopeless. It vents the air out through the window, the idea is great, but the tiny solar cell is unable to generate enough power to push out the air. I am using a 20W solar panel with 60cfm ventilation fan to push out the air from the cabin through the opening air vent outlet came in with the car located at the both sides of the boot. For detail, you may want to refer to my ebook, with the title, DIY to keep your parked car cool with autosolavent. It is available at Payhip.com
CK Ooi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2019, 06:05 PM   #26 (permalink)

jia28 has their car in neutral right now
Hi,
You can use a lot of things to keep your car cool( sunshade or window visor, dash cover...) but nothing is better than parking in a shady area!
jia28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in