8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

E85 = Awesomeness

145K views 790 replies 115 participants last post by  sergioregraguy 
#1 ·

:hitit: :clapping: :wheee: :vtec: :woowoo: :corona:

See less See more
#8 ·
it depends how much power you're making. I'm all motor and all i did was change my injectors. i'm still using the stock fuel pump.
but with e85 you dont get quite the same gas mileage. i believe its 20% worse but the power you can extract is enormous and like the op showed. Cheap ass F.
for gas mileage, it's about 30% worse. with E85, your car will drive a lot smoother and you'll get more HP out of your motor.
wow, i might switch even if im not boosted
boosted cars get the best out of E85. they'll gain like 50HP while n/a cars only gain around 10HP

#5 ·
but with e85 you dont get quite the same gas mileage. i believe its 20% worse but the power you can extract is enormous and like the op showed. Cheap ass F.

#7 ·
I'm not sure how much Premium fuel is in your area, but if E85 was 1.70/gal hear, given the gas mileage losses... I'd be saving maybe... oh... $4-6 fill up. And then you have to deal with it eating your aluminum parts away (especially the fuel pump issue).

#9 · (Edited)
from what i've seen here on 8th, all the peeps who had ran E85 are having the same fuel pump issue and also their fuel gauge doesn't read correctly. this usually occurs after a month of driving, from what they have mentioned.

i know it's still early to say, but i think it might have something to do with the walbro fuel pump. the other users have that fuel pump. i'm using the stock fuel pump. also my car is driven every single day; it never sits for more than a day.

as time progresses, any problems or news about my car on E85 will be reported.

#27 ·
Is that your experience? Did you find that out? Did your flashpro emails tell you that?

First hand experience is MUCH different then second hand.....

^ fail.

<- Doesn't think he realizes who he's attempting to argue with, lol.
I know I am arguing with someone that has little to zero experience with E85. I can see that with every reply.

But go on with your nut riding, playboy.

#38 ·
ok, but that's one incident. you can't make assumptions and make valid statements based on one incident. that'll just lead to misconceptions which will just lead to a lot of people being misinformed.

it won't hurt to experiment and try something a dozen times before dismissing it altogether.

i too was skeptic at one point. the first car i worked on with e85 was a 96 civic. stock fuel lines and a walbro fuel as well as rc 750's was all it utilized. it ran for months without a single problem. i tried it out on other cars on stock fuel lines and have yet to have a problem solely related to e85 usage.

and just for the record, yes i have worked on a 8thgen civic on e85.

#42 ·
I'm not skeptic as to the benefits to E85. I'm well aware of the potential of this fuel. I am however skeptic to it's effect on long term reliability on daily driven Si's. I'm quite content to let someone else experiment on their own car in this respect. It's also fun to feed the trolls occasionally.

#43 ·
so you're going to let one bad experience ruin your perception about a product? why not just try it out yourself and see what you can learn from it. if people didn't try new products everyone would be stuck with the same cookie cutter setup rather than trying to make a setup more efficient by changing something.
I'm not skeptic as to the benefits to E85. I'm well aware of the potential of this fuel. I am however skeptic to it's effect on long term reliability on daily driven Si's. I'm quite content to let someone else experiment on their own car in this respect. It's also fun to feed the trolls occasionally.
fair enough.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.