Vibrant streetpower muffler + vibrant ultra quiet resonator - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > Bolt-Ons And All-Motor > Exhaust Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2019, 10:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

johnali has their car in neutral right now
Vibrant streetpower muffler + vibrant ultra quiet resonator

Does anyone have this combination? Or just the muffler. I don’t want anything too crazy loud, just want a deeper tone. Local guy in my city is getting rid of some mufflers he had in stock for a decent price.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2019, 01:38 PM   #2 (permalink)

Tommy
OMGOrangeSi just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Garage
I'm stock on stock exhaust. But I'm definitely interested in the Vibrant custom exhaust. I think this is cheaper than buying a new exhaust. Do you mind sharing how much your exhaust shop quoted you for? And how much for the Muffler and resonator?

OMGOrangeSi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2019, 05:20 PM   #3 (permalink)

johnali has their car in neutral right now
He quoted me give or take around $200 for the muffler + install and then $65 for installation of the resonator. Have to get one somewhere myself if i want the resonator. Quick search on amazon show that a vibrant 1046 muffler is 196.17 and a resonator is 121.02. all prices are in CAD

Last edited by johnali; 05-13-2019 at 05:23 PM.
johnali is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2019, 08:34 AM   #4 (permalink)

Mark
MrkThMn just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
(this post was just emailed to me so I assumed it was fresh, although Im now seeing its about 8 months old, haha. Well, for anyone in this same situation, heres my two cents!)

Just some food for thought, Im in the same boat as you in that I just want to add a little more of the deeper volume. I must have looked at every system people mentioned and everything always went too raspy/ricey at WOT. I thought back to how much I loved the flowmaster exhaust I had on my old mustang GT and in an act of desperation I looked looked to see if they had anything I could use. It turns out they make a muffler for 4 cyl engines that is exactly what I have been looking for! Its the Flowmaster 60 series. Theres a couple videos of it on various cars at different speeds and its basically the type of sound you get from a CAI. I already have a CAI and love the sound it makes so more of that is exactly what I want. I'd say get the 60 series muffler and have you shop build you a cat back to go with it.

Last edited by MrkThMn; 05-15-2019 at 08:36 AM.
MrkThMn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2019, 05:28 PM   #5 (permalink)

Tommy
OMGOrangeSi just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrkThMn View Post
(this post was just emailed to me so I assumed it was fresh, although Im now seeing its about 8 months old, haha. Well, for anyone in this same situation, heres my two cents!)

Just some food for thought, Im in the same boat as you in that I just want to add a little more of the deeper volume. I must have looked at every system people mentioned and everything always went too raspy/ricey at WOT. I thought back to how much I loved the flowmaster exhaust I had on my old mustang GT and in an act of desperation I looked looked to see if they had anything I could use. It turns out they make a muffler for 4 cyl engines that is exactly what I have been looking for! Its the Flowmaster 60 series. Theres a couple videos of it on various cars at different speeds and its basically the type of sound you get from a CAI. I already have a CAI and love the sound it makes so more of that is exactly what I want. I'd say get the 60 series muffler and have you shop build you a cat back to go with it.

Thanks I'll look into it. I found a used Vibrant 1622 streetpower Catback system for sale, but I think they are a little loud. I like it, but I can't exactly roll up into my place or worship with a loud exhaust like that. LOL! I need to maintain a low profile.
OMGOrangeSi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in