q300 blowing gaskets - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > Bolt-Ons And All-Motor > Exhaust Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2014, 02:48 PM   #1 (permalink)

upperright18 just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
q300 blowing gaskets

Hey guys, need some help here.

I've been having this problem for quite a while now. About 2 months ago I noticed my exhaust leaking from the connection closest to the muffler. I figured, easy enough, I'll get a new gasket and swap it out. I got a new gasket and brought it to a shop to have them do it for me as I am at school and don't have any tools. When they went to replace it they said my flanges were warped. Luckily, I ordered 2 replacement gaskets so they put both in and stopped the leak. Now, within the last week, I noticed the next connection up the exhaust is leaking. This time I called invadia and they sent me replacement gaskets for free.

I asked about warranty because this seems odd, but I'm only a month out of the year warranty.

Now today, I went to get the other leak fixed with 2 gaskets again. They fixed it and also noticed that these flanges were also warped. This time the shop told me that they 3 bolt flange, connecting to the stock header, is slightly leaking. Eventually I want to get a header, but this is making a little uncomfortable with getting an Invidia header. Has anyone else experienced something like this? I mean i understand gaskets can blow from time to time, but this does not seem right. Let me know if anyone has any insight or what I should do, or if you are having the same problems.

Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2014, 04:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Binks

Darwin
Dar-Dar just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicDar-Dar just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicDar-Dar just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicDar-Dar just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicDar-Dar just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicDar-Dar just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicDar-Dar just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicDar-Dar just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicDar-Dar just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivic
When did you get your Q300? I just bought a Q300 two days ago and the flanges look like this:

The design looks better than the standard exhaust flange.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Dar-Dar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2014, 10:49 AM   #3 (permalink)

Yeah that looks much better than mine. I bought my q300 about 14 months ago
upperright18 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2014, 11:22 PM   #4 (permalink)

passyouby just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
What does yours sound like?

I got MP header into Q300....and on cold starts, I get a metal tingy sound (scientific term )...I replaced the donut gasket on my header connection.

I don't see any carbon track marks, but the sound is def near the header-midpipe section.

Once the car warms up, it sounds much better.

And, those updated connections definitely look better.
passyouby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2015, 09:12 PM   #5 (permalink)

I hate to bring this thread back, but I'm again having the same issue. The flange before the axel back section is warped and leaking. I was advised to use 2 gaskets to re seal the connection, so I did that. That is not working anymore. Basically, both of my 2-bolt connections on my q300 exhaust are warped and leak.

I contacted Invidia with this issue with I was about one month out of warranty. They did not offer much help, except they sent me a new flange. That was only a minor bandaid. Is this something I should pursue again by contacting Invidia?

I am not even close to the type of person who will be pushy or rude, but I feel very let down by their product. I wanted this exhaust for so long, and now it is like I'm forever chasing warped flanges and blown gaskets. I could order 4 new gaskets and put 2 at each flange, but I feel like that will just be another band aid. I do not want to band aid this forever.

Do I try to press a little bit against Invidia and express my unsatisfaction? If so, how would you do it? Or am I s.o.l? I will never bad mouth a company, and I truly believe Invidia makes quality products, but this definitely makes me wonder if I should get an Invidia header or not.

Thanks for any help that is offered! Also, my flanges do not look like the flanges that Dar-Dar posted
upperright18 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in