8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Tsudo Exhaust: 70mm Install and Review (Huge Pictures)

75K views 327 replies 87 participants last post by  supahdanny 
#1 · (Edited)
The Tsudo 70mm Cat-Back exhaust ½ year update:

Alright, so I’ve now owned one of these exhaust for what has been half a year, and I suppose it’s time to let my insights out about it. I was able to pick it up from Speed Element for a meager price of $250 shipped. For that price, there’s honestly nothing that compares for HP gain for money, therefore it immediately appealed to my pocketbook.
But you have to go into ordering one of these exhausts with a certain mindset. I mean honestly, you’re buying a distinctly Chinese product, don’t be expecting a fit or finish like that of a Borla or equivalents.
In any case, after about a 1 or so week delivery time, my gigantic package arrived

It came marvelously packaged, however, the straight pipe down the length of the car had a bit of a gash in it. It didn’t seem too bad so, I just said f**k it and went along with my inspection.

Revealing more of the exhaust, it’s actually quite a nice polished piece of hardware, and the welds are impressively well done – for being a Chinese product.

On the side lies the Tsudo insignia, instead of the S2 of its proper competitor, but the 70mm carries across the diameter nonetheless. The edge seems to be a rough cut that has the ability to cause a razor sharp gash in your skin if you’re so inclined to touch it.

A look down the rear reveals the awesome size of the damned can. It is at this moment that you can realize that this hardware is going to produce something stupid loud.

It is now where we move into the installation of the hardware. To be honest, I stated off the entire process soaking the catalytic converter trifecta of bolts in PB Blaster a week in advance. Beginning the whole process, I set the car up on the central front jacking point, left it on jack stands, took the rear passenger wheel off, and left that side up in the air as well; that seems to be the most effective form of attack. Now the whole uninstallation of the exhaust began without a hitch, but come time to remove the damned cat-bolts, you’re going to spend a long time in frustration.
The bolts should be able to come off; however, the studs to them are frustratingly welded to the cat. As you can see by the picture, I tried everything from cutting the damn studs, but to get them out be sure to GET A SLEDGEHAMMER AND RAM THE STUDS. They should be able to pop out after doing so, and a little persuasion with a Dremel from the other side.

After a few drinks, you should be able to be ready to go through a few more issues:

Like the supplied gaskets fitting improperly, or
improperly sized bolts being supplied:

After some time, you’ll finally have the whole thing installed:

After getting a little bit caught up with the installation segment, I guess I’ll get more towards the review portion.
If you look at videos of the Skunk2 exhaust you’ll get an estimation of how it sounds. It does sound like a “fart can”, it’s a cheap exhaust, but you do experience a noticeable response and torque gain. The exhaust is LOUD. It’s louder than anything you’ve experienced before, and on cold start, there is a drone that can make your ears bleed. First few runs create an extraordinary pungent smell, of which leaves after a few hours of use.
One of the biggest gripes I had with the stock exhaust was an inability to hear my engine with a moderate amount music; something that is inevitably cured with the application of the exhaust. Driving for the most part seems more engaging and of a thrill when you’re out and about. The Civic Si for the most part is rather tame when stock, but the noise motivates you for some spirited driving, something that feels great on an excellent curvy road with plenty of elevation changes.
However. As soon as a passenger is within your vehicle, you’ll be hearing a flurry of complaints, something I usually drown out with further throttle, and expressionless demeanor. It seems to work well for the most part, and those who travel often with you get used to the sound as well.
Highway speeds cause your RPM’s to be around the 3k level, an amount likely to cause a significant drone to those used to normal vehicles.
This is where the included silencer for the exhaust makes an excellent addition, for the piece of metal can be inserted on a lengthy drive to prevent exhaustion of your headache that would then occur.
Unfortunately, if you insert the silencer, and proceed to open the throttle and shift like a madman, you may notice that the sound of the exhaust will drastically increase. This will be due in part of the piece of metal being ejected out the back of your vehicle never to be found again.
This is now where I lie with my hardware. I’ve gone through the majority of the winter now, and the welds have begun to effectively oxidize, this is bound to happen in Michigan weather, but after a bit of polish, it shines up nicely yet again.

See less See more
#15 ·
:dance: got mine last friday and put it on today and yep its loud but a deep sound thats sounds great...but once i got on that highway i actually felt the lil gain it surprize me cause i wasnt expecting it pulls way harder and then when i :vtec: i mean :eek:mg: great buy ............

#28 ·
update .... next to my buds si with s2 70mm exhaust s2 header and cai my car sounds deeper and louder (my mods tsudo 70mm and fujita sri) confirmed by about 5 peeps at work they keep makin fun of him sayin my cheapo exhaust sounds better lolz.....

personally i think they sound very very similar (not knockin s2 that was my orignal choice im just on a budget)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.