8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Review of Invidia Q300 70mm Exhaust 56K Make a Sandwich

46K views 196 replies 53 participants last post by  elvinbjohn 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey people, I bought this exhaust from WSCP. Dan was a great guy with awesome communication and I told him I would make a thread with a review so here it is.

Link to Header Review
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/header-discussion/197736-review-invidia-70mm-race-header.html

Initial Review...

Great quality and welds. I wouldn't expect anything else from Invidia. This is the first time I really got to see how big the 70mm piping is. I can only image how monstorous the 3in pipes are compared to stock. The piping was beautiful and the Muffler is HUGE. I couldnt wait to get it on. Very good attention to detail.

Install....
I Have installed the Invidia Race header and they are a match made in Honda Heavan (or Japan). The install was idiot proof and the supplied gasket were of great quality.

Cold Start...
As I started the car IT SOUNDED STOCK with maybe a little deeper tone. This is what I wanted but stayed away from larger exhaust due to noise.

Wide Open Throttle....
Very Deep! matched my K&N SRI in a great way. Perfect in my book. Not metallic nor raspy at all.

Cruise....
Zero Drone sounds almost stock. Keep in mind that I am running the ERZ race header NO CAT FTW!

Conclusion....
If you want a great 70mm exhaust without the obnoxius noise then this is the exhaust for you. 2/10 on the noise level. I asked my wife how she liked the sound and she replied with "I didn't even hear you". That was exactly what I wanted. PM or Email Dan from WSCP for a great deal on this amazing piece of work from a great company. I will do a vid after I get the Invida Header on which I will do a sepperate review.

Pics

Thank you........

See less See more
#7 ·
Looks good. Im still going to wait for a sound clip before making any decisions. I trust that you say its very quiet, but that muffler must seriously be heavy duty to keep the sounds that low with 70mm piping. I'm considering the WS2 since thats what I've gone with on my other 2 Si's.....

#10 ·
Yea man just the mid pipe. You know how greddy has the adapter for sedans to make coupe exhaust like the tic to fit? Well you would just be doing the opposite I guess.

The butt dyno feels good I mean the car feels good but I also added the cobb ap so the car feels like a brand new car. I can't wait to replace the erz header for the invidia! The car runs so much smoother and revs faster. Vtak is pure bliss

#16 ·
I agree with what looks to be a great muffler design.

Direct competition if Invidia Q300 were 3" exhuast rather a 70MM. Seems more like direct competition with Skunk2 70MM in the noise vs. 70mm categories.

My number one concern is noise levels, and IMO, the 3" systems are too loud by my standards.

#22 · (Edited)
Will do when I get home..
ahh ok, not meaning to thread jack, but im tryin to find out if it is louder or as loud as the skunk2 70mm
It's no where near loud at all. After putting about 30mi on this exhast it has started to wake up a bit. Very deep and low. I would say it's quieter then my Tanabe axle back I had on and it sounds better. The Skunk 2 should not even be in the same sentance in loudness. This thing is low deep and is more then I could ask for. Loudness on a scale of 1-10 I now rate it 2.5. The cold start this morning was near stock.

My car sounds very mean with the low subtle tone and with my car being black on black I think it complements the sleeper look I was going for.

#30 ·
I was hoping that an exhaust like this would come out. After I heard the s2000 version I was hooked on the size vs noise. It sounded like a japanese sport/street tuned car should. Im ordering mine as soon as I finish my work this weekend and the money comes my way. I cant wait :dance: I already pmed Dan and the price is awesome :clapping: soon :vtec:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.