8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

skunk2 70mm exhaust for the Sedan review

13K views 38 replies 26 participants last post by  Bkurowski011 
#1 ·
So i picked it up the other day.
i dont know about you, but i love packages for some reason. It kinda shows how much love the seller has for there product and in turn makes me feel good i bought it. The box was legit. packed and sealed very nicely. it was fun to open.

second thought was the exhaust was really nice. Welds are nice and smooth, real proffesional. Came with extra hardware and an extra gasket aswell, which is great. Hardware is just as quality as the exhaust too, i felt really confident with using there hardware rather than just transfering the stockers.

I decided to install headers while i was down there. which was easier than i thought it would be. However, I did end up with about 703 cuts and scrapes though. lol.

anyways, when i finally got to the exhaust....... i couldnt be more happier with the install. All the hangers lined up perfectly! The bends were right on point!

I didnt time the acual exhaust install, but it was probly less than an hour worth of work, from removing what i had, to putting the new one skunk2 in. EASY! I was done befor i knew it. The clean up was more of a headache than the install.

So!..... time to start it up!
First thought was, "holy **** its sounds aggressive...."
Had a nice tone to it while idleing. Once she was warmed up i took her down this deserted street so i could open her up a little. On the way there, it was obviously louder than my old exhaust. borderline too loud.

Than i got there.....
She's a screamer. Holy cow it was loud when i opened it up all the way. I was acually wondering how many blocks away you can hear me from. Sounds absolutely beautiful.

But i dont want to be on blast all the time, so i put in the silencer. Definently quieted it down, but still has some noise to it when you get on the pedal. which i like.

Driving normal with the silencer...... sounds good. not to loud at all, but loud enough to know im there. perfect. So what ill probly do is leave the silencer on for daily driving, and take it off when i want to go out and have some fun, get a little attention.

overall......
im happy. really happy i went with skunk2. So much they won me over, and i plan to purchase much more of there products as they come out.

only thing bad i can say about this purchase is....... i didnt get a license plate or stickers. lol..... i was really bummed though. not a big deal.

so to anyone thinking about getting this exhaust, i would definantly recommend it. you WILL love it. If your afraid of my comment on it being really loud without the silencer, remember i have headers on now, which will make any car much louder. other than that, i think i covered everything. feel free to ask questions.

thanks for reading........

See less See more
#7 · (Edited)
go for it. the price is really good imo. well worth it without a dowt.

how loud is it with the silencer on compare to stock ehaust??
normal driving..... its slightly louder, little more tone. youll know you have a new exhaust on basicly. But like i said, when you get on it..... especially in vtec, it gets a little louder, but definently not too loud at all.

what kind of header? does it have a high-flow cat or is it a race header with cat-delete? thanks

nevermind. I read your profile it says header and down pipe. I am assuming its a shorty and a down pipe meaning no cat. Thanks!
that is correct sir. i'll be swapping out to skunk2's header once released....... cant wait!

#17 ·
Skunk2 exhaust FTW!!! Hopefully you have already signed up for S2 crew. If you have then welcome. I never liked having the silencer on though. after a week you will get use to the noise and will hate driving with the silencer on IMHO. btw to all readers at 4400 rpm is 99db and redline is 119db. so if you have strict state laws, keep it at 3k or less. lol

#19 ·
I got my 70mm catback this summer, at first I thought it might be too loud but now I couldnt imagine driving without it.

Honestly, the silencer sounds ok IN the car.. But outside is a diff story.. It sounds like crap. Trust me on this.

Keep the silencer off and add a good header.. You will be in love.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.