Si Billet Aluminum Engine Mounts (off-branded) - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > Bolt-Ons And All-Motor > Engine Swaps, Mounts, Pulleys

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2016, 04:48 PM   #1 (permalink)

Andrei
Zaandrei just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Garage
Si Billet Aluminum Engine Mounts (off-branded)

Hey all,

I'm wondering if any of you have any experience with these Hasport-looking engine mounts. I grabbed a set since I didn't want to spend almost $800 CAD for a set of the Hasports (450$ USD is still ridiculous for what you're physically getting). They're getting installed at the end of August along with my new (used) long-block, transmission and full-race turbo kit. I know i should've probably went for 70A, but I really don't want any significant vibrations whatsoever.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

EDIT: I've ordered a set of them, here are some pictures of them.

Last edited by Zaandrei; 07-22-2016 at 11:24 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2016, 09:18 AM   #2 (permalink)

Eric
GravyRobber just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Wow, direct copy of Hasport.

GravyRobber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2016, 12:13 PM   #3 (permalink)

absolude just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaandrei View Post
Hey all,

I'm wondering if any of you have any experience with these Hasport-looking engine mounts. I grabbed a set since I didn't want to spend almost $800 CAD for a set of the Hasports (450$ USD is still ridiculous for what you're physically getting). They're getting installed at the end of August along with my new (used) long-block, transmission and full-race turbo kit. I know i should've probably went for 70A, but I really don't want any significant vibrations whatsoever.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Very tempting. I have the rear one and was looking to complete the set.
Where did it ship from?
absolude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2016, 08:55 PM   #4 (permalink)

Andrei
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by absolude View Post
Very tempting. I have the rear one and was looking to complete the set.
Where did it ship from?
City of Industry, CA US

Also, yes direct copy of Hasport. I'm sorry, but as a customer I can't justify paying the full price for something that is maybe 90-100% the quality for about 40% of the cost

I just got them today in the mail... their quality seems phenomenal except maybe the welds on the heavy metal brackets - but even those aren't that bad at all.

Last edited by Zaandrei; 07-17-2016 at 08:58 PM.
Zaandrei is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2016, 11:00 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
City of Industry, CA US

Also, yes direct copy of Hasport. I'm sorry, but as a customer I can't justify paying the full price for something that is maybe 90-100% the quality for about 40% of the cost

I just got them today in the mail... their quality seems phenomenal except maybe the welds on the heavy metal brackets - but even those aren't that bad at all.

Completely agree with you. I was actually thinking, would it be possible they come from the same factory where the Hasport stuff is made? Like I heard about windshields from companies that make OEM stuff.

I research a bit that company and they are making a lot of headers and they are hit or miss but the mounts are a lot easier to copy, IMO. Not many reviews for the few mount kits they are making.
Only concern I would have now, is the polyurethane itself.

Wondering if they ship to Canada. Also I noticed it says free shipping but that may be for US only.
I'm pretty sure in Windsor you have alternatives for shipping.

What can I say, congrats for a great find!
Old 07-17-2016, 11:05 PM   #6 (permalink)

Andrei
Garage
I shipped it to a buddy in the US and just picked it up. If you live close to a border crossing, call the closest UPS store in the US and you can pay 5$ for a pick-up delivery address service!

The bushing itself seems to be of good quality as well. Durometer ratings are universal so if it's in the 62A range I'll be happy! I will not have anything to compare the kit with... except stock mounts, but many things will be changing at the same time (full turbo kit, new engine, trans etc...)

Edit: I'm pretty sure it can be shipped to Canada too... but beware the import tax and shipping fees.
Old 07-18-2016, 08:05 AM   #7 (permalink)

dkid15 just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Post up some pics
dkid15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2016, 06:03 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
I shipped it to a buddy in the US and just picked it up. If you live close to a border crossing, call the closest UPS store in the US and you can pay 5$ for a pick-up delivery address service!

The bushing itself seems to be of good quality as well. Durometer ratings are universal so if it's in the 62A range I'll be happy! I will not have anything to compare the kit with... except stock mounts, but many things will be changing at the same time (full turbo kit, new engine, trans etc...)

Edit: I'm pretty sure it can be shipped to Canada too... but beware the import tax and shipping fees.
Sweet, used to do that when I was closer to the border. Toronto is too far for that. Lucky you.
I would think 62A is enough for street. I have the 70A but the rear only and I don't feel it deteriorated in about 4 or 5 years, last three with the KW kit.

I checked and they do ship to Canada, extra $60. I figure roughly another hundred for duties/taxes, with the exchange may end up at $450-500.
I may look again at Innovatives. It may make more sense since it includes the front mount too. Not sure I want the front one in case is hard to reach because of the extra KW stuff.

OT, didn't you buy a Berks HFC from a guy in Toronto last year?
Old 07-18-2016, 06:34 PM   #9 (permalink)

Andrei
Garage
I will get the pics up next weekend probably when I get the chance.

About the Berk HFC. I think I did yeah; first one I had purchased from a guy in the states was completely gutted. It's coming off the car when the turbo kit goes on though
Old 07-19-2016, 06:18 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
I will get the pics up next weekend probably when I get the chance.

About the Berk HFC. I think I did yeah; first one I had purchased from a guy in the states was completely gutted. It's coming off the car when the turbo kit goes on though
Haha, it was me you bought it from. Happy you got to use it.
Envy you on the turbo kit. Hope the install and everything goes smooth.

Salut!
Old 07-21-2016, 09:09 AM   #11 (permalink)

Eric
Hasport is made in the USA. Enjoy the savings.
Old 07-21-2016, 10:30 AM   #12 (permalink)

Andrei
Garage
^^ and that automatically makes them 100% better quality (as the price would suggest)? I don't think so.
Old 07-21-2016, 05:52 PM   #13 (permalink)

I think for the price is worth a shot. If the aluminium and polyurethane is what they say it should be fine.
It's not like there is moving parts or something complicated.

I guess on the turboed car they'll get tested thoroughly.
Old 07-21-2016, 06:14 PM   #14 (permalink)

Eric
I don't mean to be condescending about it...I was short on time, but now will explain:

Aside from the moral implications of supporting a company that blatantly rips off an up-standing entrepreneur's design, and benefits from nearly non-existent labor laws to make the parts as cheaply as possible, there are other reasons to stay away from them.

1.) Hasport has their own special formula of Polyurethane that I GUARANTEE the Chinese aren't able to replicate. I would put money on the fact that your mounts will begin to sag after a short period of time, then you will have to either go back to OEM, or buy authentic Hasport mounts, costing you more money in the long run.

2.) Fitment. There is no telling if those would fit or not. Chinese knock-off parts are notorious for getting the fitment wrong. I sure wouldn't want to be the Guinea pig and find out the hard way that they don't fit, after spending hours in the garage taking everything apart.

3.) Support. When the mounts sag, or don't fit, you don't have anybody to call. Had you gotten Hasport mounts, they are only a phone call away, and are known for their excellent customer service. When they first released mounts for our cars, they did in fact have some fitment issues. Because of their honest customer service, they made it right, and provided new mounts, shipping paid, to the affected customers. You simply don't get that support with a fly-by-night knock off parts company.

4.) You get what you pay for. I've been in your shoes, making your same argument before. Luckily for me, I've been doing this long enough to have learned better in recent years. With VERY few exceptions, buy the right part first, and buy it once. All too many times, people cheap out on something, only to have to buy it again, spending more money in the long run.

And please don't take this the wrong way, as I'm honestly not trying to be condescending, but if $500USD is "too much" for you to spend on quality parts, then maybe you need to find another hobby, or just stay OEM. Again no offense, just trying to offer some advice that I wish I had taken when I was younger.

Regardless, I hope whichever mounts you choose work out for you. Sounds like a cool car, I would just hate to see you compromise over a couple hundred dollars. Especially for something so important.

Last edited by GravyRobber; 07-21-2016 at 07:26 PM.
Old 07-22-2016, 11:33 PM   #15 (permalink)

Andrei
Garage
I have updated my first post to include the requested pictures.

Also thank you for your thoughtful answer. I can order the hasport bushing and just swap them out. I'm also removing my whole engine, so adjustments will be easy to make. The support will be non-existent... I assumed that before I bought them. A price I'm willing to pay. Don't assume I cheaped out on everything else (this is literally the only expense I cut, aside from a used turbo kit). Like another individual mentioned... this is a non-moving, easy-to-design part. I can't justify its price being equal to that of a laptop or phone which has thousands of hours of engineering built into it, not some xxx hours of CAD design and fine-tuning of an aluminum block and some rubber bushings. They used the same material for 100's of models. I understand I should be supporting the local economy - and I honestly do where justifiable- but this price difference is not quite warranted in my books - from purely a consumer point of view. But I guess that is my opinion. And I respect yours.

I will try to come back to this thread after I mount them on and see how they 'feel'. I'll write an honest review about them (now and in a year), and if anything goes wrong I'll be sure to let you guys know about it, so that to avoid this kit altogether. Maybe you are completely right... only time will tell.

Last edited by Zaandrei; 01-08-2017 at 12:59 PM.
Old 07-23-2016, 09:08 AM   #16 (permalink)

Eric
Sounds good. Definitely keep us in the loop. They certainly do look nice. I hope they work out for you.
Old 08-25-2016, 10:15 PM   #17 (permalink)

Andrei
Garage
Update:

Mounts went in with the new engine and transmission with ease. Only the back dog-bone required a bit of modification nothing the grinder couldn't solve). Something had to be off about them at this price... Unless I didn't install it properly?

Mounts feel amazing. Absolutely no vibrations at idle (1000rpm idle) without ac on, moderate vibrations with ac on. Absolutely no vibrations at cruising speeds, with mild under deceleration. Engine feels very solid, shifts greatly improved.

I'm currently in the process of tuning the car... made 230whp and 200tq (edyno) only at 5600rpm without VTEC yet. Mounts feel super solid at this point in time. I really doubt I require anything stiffer than the 62's even at 400whp.

Last edited by Zaandrei; 08-25-2016 at 10:20 PM.
Old 08-26-2016, 07:54 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Update:

Mounts went in with the new engine and transmission with ease. Only the back dog-bone required a bit of modification nothing the grinder couldn't solve). Something had to be off about them at this price... Unless I didn't install it properly?

Mounts feel amazing. Absolutely no vibrations at idle (1000rpm idle) without ac on, moderate vibrations with ac on. Absolutely no vibrations at cruising speeds, with mild under deceleration. Engine feels very solid, shifts greatly improved.

I'm currently in the process of tuning the car... made 230whp and 200tq (edyno) only at 5600rpm without VTEC yet. Mounts feel super solid at this point in time. I really doubt I require anything stiffer than the 62's even at 400whp.

Thanks for the update. Nice build. Glad to hear all went smooth. You did it by yourself, engine and all?

My Innovative front mount goes in today in addition to the rear Hasport that I already have. Wanted to do it one at the time to see how they each affect vibrations.
Old 08-28-2016, 01:20 PM   #19 (permalink)

Andrei
Garage
My brother did the vast majority of the work, while i was mostly the helping hand and did the smaller things. Engine was not actually opened, but most of the things had to be transferred to the 'new' bare long-block. So far so good though; no major issues... except for forgetting to heat-shield a few wires running underneath the strut brace (didn't think the exhaust manifold is that large... until it went in).

I actually kept in my stock front mount to reduce any engine movement further; it appeared to be in good condition: no rips/tears, quite amazing for 100k+ miles of spirited driving
Old 08-28-2016, 02:48 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
My brother did the vast majority of the work, while i was mostly the helping hand and did the smaller things. Engine was not actually opened, but most of the things had to be transferred to the 'new' bare long-block. So far so good though; no major issues... except for forgetting to heat-shield a few wires running underneath the strut brace (didn't think the exhaust manifold is that large... until it went in).

I actually kept in my stock front mount to reduce any engine movement further; it appeared to be in good condition: no rips/tears, quite amazing for 100k+ miles of spirited driving
Did you noticed any difference when cornering? Does the car seem to settle right into the corner and just wanting to hold the line more solid?

I'm asking because I noticed this after the 60A Innovative front went in.
It is a very welcomed and unexpected side effect along with a lot more cabin noise and little increase in vibrations.
Couldn't really tell if the shifting is better nor did I expect that since the rear mount probably takes care of that. Looks like the stock side mounts allow a bit of play side to side that is reduced with the stiff front mount even if it wasn't designed for that.
Stock one looks in perfect shape but it was easy to wiggle the middle of it. Not anymore since I filled it with polyurethane last night. Maybe I'll give it a try one day.
I'm a little disappointed with the increased drone in the cabin, especially after a long fight with exhaust drone.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in