8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

[HELP] R18 Thrown Piston; Engine Swap ideas

6K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Buddy24 
#1 ·
I threw a piston in my '07 Honda Civic EX coupe. Don't know much about engine swaps, so I'm looking for advice in regards to the:

- types of engines I can put in my car
- prices

Basically, I'm just looking for the most logically sound decisions for swaps. I wouldn't mind a K20A swap, but I don't know much about it. Any ideas, insight, or additional information would be very helpful and much appreciated.

Thanks.

#6 ·
You could swap a k20 but as previously mentioned, it wont be cost effective. A good k20 with trans, ecu, and harness will run you 3000+.
Then you need supporting mods, fuel set up, exhaust, axels, so on and so forth.

Your best bet would be to contact a junker and see if they have any used r18's that have low milage, and just swap over your transmission and harness.

#7 ·
I was made aware of the technical bulletin from reading on this board.So if a Honda tech finds a crack in the block of any civic with an R18 engine between the years 06-09, Honda will extend the warranty to 8 years on your civic. I found coolant in the oil pan with 239,000 km on the engine. Took it to Honda asked to find the leak, they called me the same day to say I'm getting a new lower block at no cost to me.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.