DIY: Install guide for OEM fogs... - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > Honda Civic Do It Yourself Articles > DIY Honda Civic Lighting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2006, 02:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

Rob
SonicK20Z just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivicSonicK20Z just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivicSonicK20Z just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivicSonicK20Z just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivic
DIY: Install guide for OEM fogs...

Hey guys, I'm only just now becomming active on this site, so forgive me if this is late, or already done... I wrote this up in mid January, and posted it on a few other sites (HT, etc.) but I noticed I never posted it here. So hope this helps some of you wanting to do the OEM fog install yourself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is for all of you with 06 Civics who plan on getting the fogs but would prefer to do it yourself on the install (I'm sure the labor quote isn't a pretty one). Note: This guide is based on an Si, and may be slightly different for other trims, I'm not sure. If you have any questions, please refer to the instruction manual provided with the kit.

Feel free to ask any questions or for more in depth detail on any step. And if you have any other suggestions or comments to add please post them up as well! Hope you find this helpful. Oh yea, please excuse the dirty car!

Disclaimer: These are the pics I took of nearly almost every step while following the provided installation guide. These pics are not a substitute for the actual installation instructions and should not be treated as such. They are only for a visual tool to aid and assist you in your installation. I am not responsible if you mess up along the way.

There are 30 pics in all.

EDIT: The following img is looking up under the dash while lying on your back. The fuse box would be to the right and the center console to the left from this view.

The end!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2006, 07:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

Gran A2
jolus just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Send a message via MSN to jolus
Damn it, i can't see any pic, please fix this, I need this guide

jolus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2006, 07:46 PM   #3 (permalink)

CivicWithNav just put it into 2nd gear on 8thcivicCivicWithNav just put it into 2nd gear on 8thcivicCivicWithNav just put it into 2nd gear on 8thcivic
Send a message via AIM to CivicWithNav
seeing pix fine... and u can get instuction from college honda
CivicWithNav is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2006, 07:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
VIP Member

iluvmycsx drives naked to save weightiluvmycsx drives naked to save weightiluvmycsx drives naked to save weightiluvmycsx drives naked to save weightiluvmycsx drives naked to save weightiluvmycsx drives naked to save weightiluvmycsx drives naked to save weightiluvmycsx drives naked to save weightiluvmycsx drives naked to save weightiluvmycsx drives naked to save weightiluvmycsx drives naked to save weight
great diy

Quote:
Originally Posted by webby
you're awesome - I'm about to probably call it a night as well.thanks for the help .
iluvmycsx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2006, 12:53 AM   #5 (permalink)

VoLTr0n will be known by all on 8thcivic soonVoLTr0n will be known by all on 8thcivic soon
Send a message via AIM to VoLTr0n
this diy's i've seen. thanks a lot
VoLTr0n is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2006, 08:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
VIP Member

Zeuceone is teh bbq kingZeuceone is teh bbq kingZeuceone is teh bbq kingZeuceone is teh bbq kingZeuceone is teh bbq kingZeuceone is teh bbq kingZeuceone is teh bbq kingZeuceone is teh bbq kingZeuceone is teh bbq kingZeuceone is teh bbq kingZeuceone is teh bbq king
Send a message via AIM to Zeuceone Send a message via Yahoo to Zeuceone
i cant find the one pin connector thats on the passsenger side..help..
Zeuceone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2006, 11:16 AM   #7 (permalink)

pewterformula just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
this diy looks very well presented. i cant wait to do this to mine. thanks
pewterformula is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2006, 04:40 PM   #8 (permalink)

Tom Smith
Tom1222 sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicTom1222 sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicTom1222 sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicTom1222 sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicTom1222 sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicTom1222 sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicTom1222 sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicTom1222 sometimes day dreams about 8thcivic
Very Nicely done!
Did you use the Genuine Honda Fog Lights or did you go with another OEM kit?
I want to get fogs and I do want to do this just once. Are the Honda Fogs worth the extra money?
Tom1222 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2006, 10:48 AM   #9 (permalink)

k1rk3r
GGEX just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicGGEX just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicGGEX just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicGGEX just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicGGEX just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicGGEX just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicGGEX just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicGGEX just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicGGEX just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicGGEX just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicGGEX just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivic
Garage
Send a message via AIM to GGEX
great write up just used it yesterday to put in my fogs thanks

+1 rep
GGEX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2007, 07:15 PM   #10 (permalink)

Tom Smith
Tom1222 sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicTom1222 sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicTom1222 sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicTom1222 sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicTom1222 sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicTom1222 sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicTom1222 sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicTom1222 sometimes day dreams about 8thcivic
Okay, I did a stupid mistake and put the White/Red wire where the Blue wire is suppose to go. It is locked in and I can't get it back out. I tried prying it out with a tiny screwdriver but no cigar. Is there anyway to remove the White and Red connector out of the plastic harness without destroying it? I tried for 2 hours and counld't get it out. Once it locks in those things aren't coming out. I was thinking of cutting the wire and switching the wires but the Blue wire is a thinner gauge than the red and white and I don't want to have any problems. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:54 AM   #11 (permalink)

Jepetto will be known by all on 8thcivic soonJepetto will be known by all on 8thcivic soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom1222
Okay, I did a stupid mistake and put the White/Red wire where the Blue wire is suppose to go. It is locked in and I can't get it back out. I tried prying it out with a tiny screwdriver but no cigar. Is there anyway to remove the White and Red connector out of the plastic harness without destroying it? I tried for 2 hours and counld't get it out. Once it locks in those things aren't coming out. I was thinking of cutting the wire and switching the wires but the Blue wire is a thinner gauge than the red and white and I don't want to have any problems. Any help would be appreciated.
there is a tool called a pin extractor: http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=family

They come in various sizes diameters, so im not positive that this certian one will work but you can find other sizes out there on the net.
Jepetto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2007, 09:49 PM   #12 (permalink)

Tom Smith
Thanks for the tip. I did finally yank that sucker out of there without damage and got my fogs installed. I did break the round knob that locks the lower knee bolster in place. Oh well, It seems to stay up even without the round knob. The fogs works GREAT and this DIY was a an excellent tool and great help.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:23 PM   #13 (permalink)

mark
macnred will be known by all on 8thcivic soonmacnred will be known by all on 8thcivic soon
what about the 07' si.
it is equipped w/ vehical stability assist.
and that spare blank is where the switch is,for the VSA.
macnred is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2007, 06:47 PM   #14 (permalink)

k1rk3r
GGEX just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicGGEX just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicGGEX just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicGGEX just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicGGEX just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicGGEX just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicGGEX just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicGGEX just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicGGEX just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicGGEX just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicGGEX just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivic
Garage
^^^
its on the light stalk
Old 02-08-2007, 11:13 PM   #15 (permalink)

Brandon
RallyeRedB just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
i bought a different OEM kit and the wiring harness is different. does anyone know where i could get instructions or any insight towards installing this kit?
RallyeRedB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2007, 11:13 PM   #16 (permalink)

Brandon
RallyeRedB just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
i bought a different OEM kit and the wiring harness is different. does anyone know where i could get instructions or any insight towards installing this kit?
RallyeRedB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2007, 12:40 PM   #17 (permalink)

k1rk3r
Garage
where did you get the kit from??
Old 02-09-2007, 09:14 PM   #18 (permalink)

Tom Smith
Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyeRedB
The kit should come with instructions. The wiring harness can't be much different because it will never fit if the length and connecting points don't match up. If the harness is different I doubt that it is made for your car.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:59 AM   #19 (permalink)

vtmn215 just put it into 2nd gear on 8thcivicvtmn215 just put it into 2nd gear on 8thcivic
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGEX
^^^
its on the light stalk

I went to look at my light stalk on my 07 Civic Si and didnt see where the fog light actuator was... -_-; I looked at the instructions on collegehonda and saw that the materials needed was a tree WITH the fog light acutator option... or am i just crazy? I have been at a standstill with the foglight situation because of this Maybe just wire the fogs to turn on when i hit the low beams? Any Suggestions would be awesome!

Thanks in Advance
vtmn215 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2007, 02:59 PM   #20 (permalink)

Si_Jeff just put it into 4th gear on 8thcivicSi_Jeff just put it into 4th gear on 8thcivicSi_Jeff just put it into 4th gear on 8thcivicSi_Jeff just put it into 4th gear on 8thcivicSi_Jeff just put it into 4th gear on 8thcivicSi_Jeff just put it into 4th gear on 8thcivic
Send a message via AIM to Si_Jeff
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtmn215
I went to look at my light stalk on my 07 Civic Si and didnt see where the fog light actuator was... -_-; I looked at the instructions on collegehonda and saw that the materials needed was a tree WITH the fog light acutator option... or am i just crazy? I have been at a standstill with the foglight situation because of this Maybe just wire the fogs to turn on when i hit the low beams? Any Suggestions would be awesome!

Thanks in Advance
hey, i'm a newbie here, i used to be at clubrsx.com. anyway, to answer your question, if we get the oem fogs for the 07, they give you a whole new actuator for the foglight. what sucks, is what if we want to get the ebay ones with the yellow tints? i guess, we'll just have to wire it with the low beams.

Si_Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in