8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

detailing interior

3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  2007GhostSI 
#1 ·
Well I have an 07 SI and the interior is looking pretty bad. The seats are beginning to have a "shine" where the "suede" is wearing. also my center console is starting to show scratches in the fabric.
Any way to clean this stuff back to new? Or do I need to purchase new fabric?

#2 · (Edited)
for the door trim armrest and the center console armrest, simply remove and wash them. This is the 'cheapest' way to get good results. It's quite some work having to staple everything back but cheap. (Honestly, you might just replace them with something else if you're gonna do all this work). I wasn't happy with the 3 parts mentioned and replaced them with leather. I looked up RedLineGoods but wayyyyy overpriced for what they offer + I found the exact same thing, cheaper on ebay.

As for the fabric on the seats. I haven't done it but I would remove the seat from the car and wash it with a 'product' (I call it that cause I never did this so I haven't looked up what to use) and a rag/towel then leave it outdoors (maybe for a little) in the sun to dry.

Post some pics, lets see how bad it is.

#3 ·
I went to pepboys and used the turtle wax upholstery cleaner that comes with a scrubber. Left all the pieces like new. I was happy with how it came out.
Dont be shy on the spray, just cover the area with a nice white layer then scrub away and have a towel handy to scrub up loose dirt and dry the seats a bit. Just to give you and idea of what i was dealing with before the cleaning; I had white stains on both my seats as almost fading and same with door panels and my center console was crazy dirty that you couldn't tell what material was underneath it and now its all looking new.

Turtle Wax Oxy Power Out Upholstery Cleaner | Product Details | Pep Boys

#8 ·
yup Chapa, it does look great!

You know, after I washed mine they looked great but a few days before I had washed them I had ordered the leather pieces so I was a little bummed out that I spent the money on the leather when simply washing them did a great job. Oh well, my leather looks nice but unfortunately those are the only things leather. I wish my seats were too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.