8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Acid rain stains?

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  batman1820 
#1 ·
I have little tiny water droplet stains all over my new car which I thought here just a result of someone doing a poor job washing the car. But it turns out there actually stained on there because I can't get the darn things to come off, there on my hood and all my windows, please help me remedy this problem is so annoying to look at Hood Automotive exterior Bumper Windshield Glass

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

See less See more
#2 ·
Hey bud, I had the same problem. Went to wash my car and the spots were still there afterwards. I did go through an automatic wash but still, they aren't bad. What I did was hand washed, two bucket system, and applied some polish to shine it up. I used a little bit of force and the spots came off. Not sure if this is a recommended remedy but it worked for me and I had no issues since. Hope it helps, keep me updated!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#6 ·
Polish and elbow grease should work on the paint, try a weak polish first then something stronger. Something like swirl remover then scratch-x. Try on the windows too. I have also heard of using those rough green sponge pot scrubbers (brilo pads?) on glass, but I have never tried.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.