3rd gear fix ! - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Welcome > Dealership Experience

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2011, 01:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
lilromeoloc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: charlotte nc baby
Posts: 469
shawn
lilromeoloc just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
iTrader: 0 reviews
3rd gear fix !

So here is my experience . I have a 07 civic si sedan with 63k . Just got it about a month ago . My third gear always grind and lock out . So I decided to take it back to the dealership . When they checked it out , Jillian ( the service rep that was helping me . And omg I would have her help me with other things if she'd let me :P ) first asked me " have u been racing the car ? " .... It was so hard for me to try and keep a straight face hahaha . I mean I drive my car like its ment to be driven ... Constant vtec baby lol but honestly haven't raced it . Anyways I explain to her that it happens when its cold or when I'm getting off the hey or some bs like that lol . She looked at me with this evil grin on her face ... Kinda sexy :P

So they honored my warranty and ordered the part . I think it was the syncro for 3rd . Took 4 days to come in . I took the car there yesterday morning and waited for enterprise . Dumba$$ from enterprise took there sweet time to get there even though the enterprise was next door to the dealership ... I waited about an hour o_O ... Jillian even got pissed at the service of enterprise and called them constantly .

When they finally got there I realize that this is gonna suck ... They brought a mini van ..... A freaking mini van ... A town n country minivan .. imagine going from a si that goes o-60 in about 6.x secs top a mini van that can't even go up to 60 lol ... Felt more like Fred flinstone would have beat me if we had raced .. so embarrassing

Anyways picked up the car this morning and it drives flawlessly .. third has no resistance and goes perfectly in .. and the best part is that warranty covered everything ..

B4 leaving Jillian said " so next time ur racing try not to slam it into gears ok hunnie ? "
I commented that , " I wasn't racing , what ? It's a bc I'm Asian isn't it ? " lol

All in all my experience was much better than I expected . And the service was great .
I would definitely recommend "ms honda" ( McKinney-Salina) of gastonia in nc to anyone . But do not hit on Jillian .. shes mine :P

lilromeoloc is offline  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-03-2011, 02:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Mr.Polo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Marietta,GA
Age: 29
Posts: 1,817
Mr.Polo just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
iTrader: 15 reviews
Ill give it 6months before its popping out again..

Mr.Polo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2011, 03:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
VIP Member
 
Rockawearbadboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: City That Never Sleeps O_O
Posts: 7,908
David
Rockawearbadboy just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
iTrader: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Polo View Post
Ill give it 6months before its popping out again..
Be optimistic...Goddluck OP!
Rockawearbadboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-03-2011, 04:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
si-kick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Atlanta GA
Posts: 201
Jason
si-kick just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
iTrader: 5 reviews
I got my whole 3rd gear set replaced about 7 months ago and now my 4th gear is doing it. I just rolled 60K as well.....FML.
si-kick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2011, 12:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
lilromeoloc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: charlotte nc baby
Posts: 469
shawn
lilromeoloc just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
iTrader: 0 reviews
see the thing was is that my third gear wasnt really that bad like popping out or anything ... it just locked me out a few times in the day ... maybe about 2 or 3 times ...
lilromeoloc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2011, 09:39 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 82
Decoy_TT just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
iTrader: 0 reviews
lol I bet the minivan accelerates almost as fast as the Si


Glad you got your car fixed though! Should be awesome not to grind anymore.
Decoy_TT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2011, 09:54 AM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
akam1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CC, Texas
Posts: 861
akam1 just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
iTrader: 10 reviews
shoulda pop'd her gears
i woulda shown her my vtec... te he
akam1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2011, 01:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
lilromeoloc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: charlotte nc baby
Posts: 469
shawn
lilromeoloc just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decoy_TT View Post
lol I bet the minivan accelerates almost as fast as the Si


Glad you got your car fixed though! Should be awesome not to grind anymore.
Thanks ... I think

Quote:
Originally Posted by akam1 View Post
shoulda pop'd her gears
i woulda shown her my vtec... te he
Oh believe me , I will find another reason to bring my car to the dealership , then ill show her my knob .. It's round , heavy and counter-sunk :P ... Maybe let her hold it too lol

lilromeoloc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2011, 01:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
paterrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Raleigh, NC
Age: 28
Posts: 815
Peter
paterrio just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
iTrader: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilromeoloc View Post
So here is my experience . I have a 07 civic si sedan with 63k . Just got it about a month ago . My third gear always grind and lock out . So I decided to take it back to the dealership . When they checked it out , Jillian ( the service rep that was helping me . And omg I would have her help me with other things if she'd let me :P ) first asked me " have u been racing the car ? " .... It was so hard for me to try and keep a straight face hahaha . I mean I drive my car like its ment to be driven ... Constant vtec baby lol but honestly haven't raced it . Anyways I explain to her that it happens when its cold or when I'm getting off the hey or some bs like that lol . She looked at me with this evil grin on her face ... Kinda sexy :P

So they honored my warranty and ordered the part . I think it was the syncro for 3rd . Took 4 days to come in . I took the car there yesterday morning and waited for enterprise . Dumba$$ from enterprise took there sweet time to get there even though the enterprise was next door to the dealership ... I waited about an hour o_O ... Jillian even got pissed at the service of enterprise and called them constantly .

When they finally got there I realize that this is gonna suck ... They brought a mini van ..... A freaking mini van ... A town n country minivan .. imagine going from a si that goes o-60 in about 6.x secs top a mini van that can't even go up to 60 lol ... Felt more like Fred flinstone would have beat me if we had raced .. so embarrassing

Anyways picked up the car this morning and it drives flawlessly .. third has no resistance and goes perfectly in .. and the best part is that warranty covered everything ..

B4 leaving Jillian said " so next time ur racing try not to slam it into gears ok hunnie ? "
I commented that , " I wasn't racing , what ? It's a bc I'm Asian isn't it ? " lol

All in all my experience was much better than I expected . And the service was great .
I would definitely recommend "ms honda" ( McKinney-Salina) of gastonia in nc to anyone . But do not hit on Jillian .. shes mine :P
dude I used to live around there and I always had horrible I mean horrible serivce from them I refuse to go back there again. Glad you had service.
paterrio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2011, 01:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
akam1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CC, Texas
Posts: 861
akam1 just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
iTrader: 10 reviews
**** the knob, go counter sink your knobs in her
akam1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2011, 01:53 PM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
lilromeoloc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: charlotte nc baby
Posts: 469
shawn
lilromeoloc just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by paterrio View Post
dude I used to live around there and I always had horrible I mean horrible serivce from them I refuse to go back there again. Glad you had service.
I guess Jillian hooked me up lol
lilromeoloc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2011, 01:55 PM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
lilromeoloc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: charlotte nc baby
Posts: 469
shawn
lilromeoloc just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by akam1 View Post
**** the knob, go counter sink your knobs in her
Believe me I'm gonna put all 2inch of my Asian knob in her lol .... Wait we still talking about the shift knob right ? Lol
lilromeoloc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2011, 02:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
paterrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Raleigh, NC
Age: 28
Posts: 815
Peter
paterrio just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
iTrader: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilromeoloc View Post
I guess Jillian hooked me up lol
guess she did. What do you drive I am around there sometimes I will keep an eye out for ya. I have a 08 NBP FG2
paterrio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2011, 02:24 PM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
lilromeoloc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: charlotte nc baby
Posts: 469
shawn
lilromeoloc just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
iTrader: 0 reviews
07 fa5 . I live in Charlotte . That is just where I bought the car
lilromeoloc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2011, 11:22 AM   #15 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
shahzad.hafeez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4
Shahzad Hafeez
shahzad.hafeez just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
iTrader: 0 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to shahzad.hafeez Send a message via Yahoo to shahzad.hafeez
I am hearing steel rubbing noise when in 1st gear driving uphill with clutch half out.
shahzad.hafeez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2011, 04:19 PM   #16 (permalink)
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!

 
mattsbobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Herra Frush Hater #1
Age: 44
Posts: 14,929
"Stance"...The new jockstrap
mattsbobo has an enormous 8thcivic turbomattsbobo has an enormous 8thcivic turbomattsbobo has an enormous 8thcivic turbomattsbobo has an enormous 8thcivic turbomattsbobo has an enormous 8thcivic turbomattsbobo has an enormous 8thcivic turbomattsbobo has an enormous 8thcivic turbomattsbobo has an enormous 8thcivic turbomattsbobo has an enormous 8thcivic turbomattsbobo has an enormous 8thcivic turbomattsbobo has an enormous 8thcivic turbo
iTrader: 23 reviews
OP: It feels perfect because they put fresh manual transmission fluid in it. Once it starts thinning out you'll notice that some of your problems start returning. I had the 3rd gear set replaced on my first 8th gen. The new parts were MUCH better than the original set, but weren't perfect. Most of the issues were solved, but engaging 3rd gear was still notchy from time to time. I suggest replacing the Honda MTF with some Amsoil or Royal Purple synthetic MTF.

It's good to see some newer NC members (I'm in Raleigh). You guys should post up in the NC Chat thread if you haven't already.

Last edited by mattsbobo; 11-24-2011 at 04:27 PM.
mattsbobo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2011, 10:59 PM   #17 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
08Sivic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 1,587
[email protected] SC'd w/ Street Tires
08Sivic just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
iTrader: 29 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsbobo View Post
OP: It feels perfect because they put fresh manual transmission fluid in it. Once it starts thinning out you'll notice that some of your problems start returning. I had the 3rd gear set replaced on my first 8th gen. The new parts were MUCH better than the original set, but weren't perfect. Most of the issues were solved, but engaging 3rd gear was still notchy from time to time. I suggest replacing the Honda MTF with some Amsoil or Royal Purple synthetic MTF.

It's good to see some newer NC members (I'm in Raleigh). You guys should post up in the NC Chat thread if you haven't already.
Pleaseeeee no amsoil. Redline seems to be a great option.

Amsoil is too thin to run in our trannys and breaks down faster than honda OEM. I had nothing but problems after going to amsoil... Until I tore 2nd gear completely out and built the tranny... $2500 later, I find out from an amsoil rep that their synchromesh fluid is too thin to use unless the car is stock and daily driven. WTH!?

Honestly the only way to completely fix any and all problems with this transmission is to have someone build it with new synchros and better fluid. I used carbon lined synchros from synchrotech and my shifts are like butter smooth even when beating on it.

Last edited by 08Sivic; 11-24-2011 at 11:02 PM.
08Sivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2011, 11:21 AM   #18 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
DTNguyen107's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,913
DTNguyen107 just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicDTNguyen107 just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicDTNguyen107 just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicDTNguyen107 just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicDTNguyen107 just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicDTNguyen107 just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicDTNguyen107 just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicDTNguyen107 just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicDTNguyen107 just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicDTNguyen107 just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicDTNguyen107 just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivic
iTrader: 1 reviews
Funny. I never see any Si in Gastonia. I feel like I'm the only one when I come down there.

Perhaps I'll hit up that Dealership. I completely forgot I know the co-owner's son.
DTNguyen107 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2011, 12:00 PM   #19 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
paterrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Raleigh, NC
Age: 28
Posts: 815
Peter
paterrio just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
iTrader: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTNguyen107 View Post
Funny. I never see any Si in Gastonia. I feel like I'm the only one when I come down there.

Perhaps I'll hit up that Dealership. I completely forgot I know the co-owner's son.
Yeah I dont live in Gastonia anymore but I used to and I felt like I was the only SI around as well. Yeah I went to school with the Salina's kid.
paterrio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2011, 12:36 AM   #20 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
lilromeoloc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: charlotte nc baby
Posts: 469
shawn
lilromeoloc just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
iTrader: 0 reviews
im in charlotte ... its just that is the dealership that i bought the car from

lilromeoloc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in



Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
3rd Gear TSB (When did your 3rd gear start grinding) 9900rpm Civic SI 7 06-09-2009 05:19 PM
Top Gear is sadly over... but Fifth Gear is BACK! (if anyone still watches that...) habitat Garage 8 01-06-2009 02:11 AM
Changed/updated 3rd Gear, now 4th gear is a bit hard to shift out. taffysi Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat 3 09-19-2008 09:43 PM
3rd gear grind (2nd and 3rd gear set replacement) Trav-Is_Si BC, Yukon, & NWT 21 04-30-2008 07:49 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:07 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
copyright 8thcivic.com - all rights reserved