Problems with stage 1 rev 1.03? - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > ECU Tuning Information > Cobb Tuning

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2009, 02:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

pictureboy just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Problems with stage 1 rev 1.03?

Howdie,

I recently flashed the newer version of the stage 1 map onto my 09 si. I was previously running the 1.02 version. After flashing the map the car felt a little flat, but I though that might be due to learning the new map and the smoothing of the vtec transition, but after a couple of hundred miles it still feels the same. And more importantly my long term fuel trims have gone from a nice +-.8 to +-1.6! Has anyone else experienced this?

I have made no other changes at all to my car since or before flashing the newer version map. I flashed back to stock map temporarily to see if the LTFT will settle down and to see if my mpg will come up as well (it also dropped with 1.03).

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2009, 02:47 PM   #2 (permalink)

Stephen
w00t692 just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
do you realize going to 1.6 is not a big deal at all?

You are fine if you less than +/- 8...

1.03 has different cam angles for more power. They might not work for your setup.

Just so you know, you're freaking out about .8% of needed fuel change. The computer can compensate for quite a bit but you only want to curb it under 10%

w00t692 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2009, 03:12 PM   #3 (permalink)

Wow! I did not relaize that, I was under the impression that if it strayed much further than .8 +- it ws not really very good MAF calibration and 1.6 being double that value was not looking too good.

Either way, I don't think my car liked that map. The power was flat and the mpg took a pretty big hit. Driving like a granny with mostly highway I was previously able to pull down 38mpg, but with 1.03 I was lucky to baby it to 30mpg.

Strange.
pictureboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2009, 03:30 PM   #4 (permalink)

bmcsi just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Quote:
Originally Posted by pictureboy View Post
Wow! I did not relaize that, I was under the impression that if it strayed much further than .8 +- it ws not really very good MAF calibration and 1.6 being double that value was not looking too good.

Either way, I don't think my car liked that map. The power was flat and the mpg took a pretty big hit. Driving like a granny with mostly highway I was previously able to pull down 38mpg, but with 1.03 I was lucky to baby it to 30mpg.

Strange.
Why not just flash it back to the v1.02 ?
bmcsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2009, 03:44 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcsi View Post
Why not just flash it back to the v1.02 ?
That's what I thought after I flashed it back to stock.

Not all bad though, it reminded me that the car drives a lot better with the Cobb maps than the stock map!
pictureboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2009, 03:45 PM   #6 (permalink)

Stephen
w00t692 just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
You sure you didn't mess up and put a stage 2 map eh?
w00t692 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2009, 07:28 PM   #7 (permalink)

eric
enojy just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Quote:
Originally Posted by pictureboy View Post

Strange.
Oh, no no! You're aiming to be +- 8.0%, not 0.8. Calibrating to land within +- 0.8 year-round is an exercise in futility :-P

I've got my current calibration to 0.8 when it's hot out, and being in Florida, it's almost always hot out. This time of year, the temperature drops a bit, and my LTFT slightly increases (believe it's at 3.xx right about now.) Still, car runs pretty great under load, and I'm getting respectable gas mileage. Last test was 27.8 MPG (not using the AccessPort, but comparing miles driven to gallons filled at the pump.)

Last edited by enojy; 12-07-2009 at 07:30 PM.
enojy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2009, 04:27 AM   #8 (permalink)
E-Tunez Tuner

Dan
Dan0974 just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Quote:
Originally Posted by w00t692 View Post
do you realize going to 1.6 is not a big deal at all?

You are fine if you less than +/- 8...

1.03 has different cam angles for more power. They might not work for your setup.

Just so you know, you're freaking out about .8% of needed fuel change. The computer can compensate for quite a bit but you only want to curb it under 10%
Try this map (http://www.accesstuners.com/ap-maps/bv1aemsristage1v17), just copy over your MAF cal from your current map... I made 194hp on this and my fuel wasn't even perfect yet. Plus the mid-range is very nice!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-CTSC Stg2-FlashPro-IMT Inlet-INJEN CAI-3" Exhaust-KRRH--> 13.2 @ 111mph
Professional Tunes -->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Dan0974 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in