CobbTuning issues and problems - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > ECU Tuning Information > Cobb Tuning

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2009, 09:45 AM   #1 (permalink)

Never Again!
NitrousG35 gets 3000 mpgNitrousG35 gets 3000 mpgNitrousG35 gets 3000 mpgNitrousG35 gets 3000 mpgNitrousG35 gets 3000 mpgNitrousG35 gets 3000 mpgNitrousG35 gets 3000 mpgNitrousG35 gets 3000 mpgNitrousG35 gets 3000 mpgNitrousG35 gets 3000 mpgNitrousG35 gets 3000 mpg
CobbTuning issues and problems

Post any issues or problems you are having with your CobbTuning Accessport here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some cause happiness wherever they go: others whenever they go. -Oscar Wilde
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2009, 10:20 AM   #2 (permalink)

McTomalds
michinsi will be known by all on 8thcivic soon
Garage
Send a message via AIM to michinsi Send a message via MSN to michinsi
After searching around I found that people had problems syncing the ap to the computer like I did. The first thing to do is install the accessport updater and update. During the update it'll ask you to install the accessport manager and the newer accessport manager should come with the newer drivers as well.

michinsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2009, 09:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

Adam
Nokturnl just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Mine stopped communicating like it should last week...had it for 2 mo. It will take about 2-5 min to connect to the ecu and most of the time I can't change between functions...I get the C on the screen and it wigglin around a bit. Talking to tech support now. Still very pleased with it, and I am sure COBB won't do me wrong. Great unit tho.
Nokturnl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2009, 10:38 AM   #4 (permalink)

Branden
Branden_Si is the 8thcivic ninja warriorBranden_Si is the 8thcivic ninja warriorBranden_Si is the 8thcivic ninja warriorBranden_Si is the 8thcivic ninja warriorBranden_Si is the 8thcivic ninja warriorBranden_Si is the 8thcivic ninja warriorBranden_Si is the 8thcivic ninja warriorBranden_Si is the 8thcivic ninja warriorBranden_Si is the 8thcivic ninja warriorBranden_Si is the 8thcivic ninja warriorBranden_Si is the 8thcivic ninja warrior
Send a message via AIM to Branden_Si
i had the same problem as ^

it finally quit being slow after a few days of not using it...
Branden_Si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2009, 06:33 PM   #5 (permalink)

Mike
NewBernSI just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
New Problem with Accessport

Well I unmarried my accessport to my car a few weeks ago before selling it. Guy got it and the accessport said it was still married. He sent it back, and now the display is barely visible. Very dim. It is plugged in, so I have no idea why this is doing this. Any ideas? Calling Cobb tommorow
NewBernSI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2009, 10:45 AM   #6 (permalink)

Rob
SiRob119 just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivicSiRob119 just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivicSiRob119 just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivicSiRob119 just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivic
Send a message via AIM to SiRob119
The only problem i had was the accessport just stopped working. So i gave Cobb a call and they replaced it for me. Woot for customer service.
SiRob119 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2009, 01:16 AM   #7 (permalink)

Mike
Just got my AP back. Sent it to cobb to get the display fixed. It's fixed, but i'm trying to uninstall it from my car. A guy bought it from me over a month ago and i've been trying to fix all the problems with this unit. I go to uninstall, and says 'communicating with vehicle'. Everytime. Any ideas? I doubt this guy wants to wait even longer because i can't uninstall the unit.
Old 12-19-2009, 01:49 PM   #8 (permalink)

Mike
bump!
Old 12-22-2009, 02:00 PM   #9 (permalink)

COBB Tuning just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
That is an odd one. Try updating the firmware and then try connecting to your car again. If that does not work, give our customer service line a call at 801-713-0035. We will get this figured out.

Travis
COBB Tuning
COBB Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2009, 05:00 AM   #10 (permalink)

eric
enojy just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Summary: rev hang fix introduced in v1.04 basemap causes wildly fluctuating AFR while cruising (bouncing rapidly between ~10.0:1 and ~29.0:1,) producing mild bucking/sputtering while cruising. This only occurs using a "rev hang fixed" map. Reverting to any map prior to v1.04 remedies the problem.

Modifications:
Cobb AccessPort using basemap, AND MAF calibrated v1.04 for Stage 2 AEM2CAI (flow straighteners)
AEM cold air intake w/ flow straighteners
Strup ceramic-coated race header
A'pexi Worldsport II full exhaust

Below is a snapshot of a datalog that exhibits this problem, and also a full datalog attached for viewing in Excel or AccessTuner Race. Fuel trims read high since this is a snapshot from an uncalibrated MAF v1.04 (basemap.) The problem still occurs with a properly-calibrated MAF with long term fuel trim values below 1%.

Last edited by enojy; 12-30-2012 at 12:30 AM.
enojy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2009, 10:28 AM   #11 (permalink)
E-Tunez FTT!!!

Rulo
ruloSI just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
enojy,

Post the log up of your calibrated maf for review...
ruloSI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2009, 02:43 PM   #12 (permalink)

eric
enojy just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruloSI View Post
enojy,

Post the log up of your calibrated maf for review...
I don't believe I have a log of this behavior while utilizing a calibrated MAF sensor. I first noticed this behavior with a calibrated MAF, and immediately drove home in order to flash to an unedited v1.04, thinking my MAF calibration was to blame. It was after I flashed with v1.04 that I started datalogging.

Or! If you were talking about just an ordinary datalog with calibrated MAF, here is one. I made five revisions to my MAF table, and settled with this. This is part light load (cruising,) part heavy load (not wide open throttle but a fair amount.)

Last edited by enojy; 12-30-2012 at 12:30 AM.
enojy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2010, 03:25 PM   #13 (permalink)

Branden
Branden_Si is the 8thcivic ninja warriorBranden_Si is the 8thcivic ninja warriorBranden_Si is the 8thcivic ninja warriorBranden_Si is the 8thcivic ninja warriorBranden_Si is the 8thcivic ninja warriorBranden_Si is the 8thcivic ninja warriorBranden_Si is the 8thcivic ninja warriorBranden_Si is the 8thcivic ninja warriorBranden_Si is the 8thcivic ninja warriorBranden_Si is the 8thcivic ninja warriorBranden_Si is the 8thcivic ninja warrior
my AP just stopped working as well....wont come on when i plugg it in to the car or computer....time to contact cobb..
Old 01-11-2010, 06:46 PM   #14 (permalink)

Matt
Matt_07si just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
My AP just stopped working as well - it was working fine on a drive out to a store, unplugged it when i got out of the car. Hopped back in after five minutes of being in the store, plugged it back in and turned on the car and nothing. Brought it home, hoping/thinking maybe the cable just died. But the computer recognizes and it connects to the AP manager, but for whatever reason, the display won't work when connected to the OBD port or computer. Sucks, but up to this point i've been pretty happy with the Acessport.

On a side note, it also recognizes my car as sedan when it's a coupe. Small grievance but just wondering if other people had the same issues.
Matt_07si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2010, 06:11 PM   #15 (permalink)

Branden
yeah my AP has the same problem. i called cobb yesterday and they gave me a ticket # so i could send it back to them. i went to usps to ship it out today....

theres alot of posts about that but it doesnt seem to be a problem. it recognized mine as a sedan also. i read a post somewhere saying that it does that because most of the cars with part of the vin # are sedans. but on the good note it doesnt affect nothing at all so its all good man
Old 01-13-2010, 11:39 AM   #16 (permalink)

Matt
Matt_07si just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
I haven't had a chance to call Cobb about it yet with work, but tomorrow i should find time. Hopefully it doesn't take long. Keep us posted on your outcome. Goodluck.

Both the coupes and sedans are essentially the same car - so i knew it wouldn't be a problem. I suppose i'm just a bit of a perfectionist and was slightly dissapointed to see it arise. Small bone to pick - but obviously the screen not working is a much larger and pressing problem.
Matt_07si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2010, 04:55 PM   #17 (permalink)

Branden
dont worry, i post any updates i get man
Old 01-17-2010, 01:48 AM   #18 (permalink)

Branden
UPDATE
-monday: called cobb and they told me to ship it in
-tuesday: shipped my AP to cobb
-thursday: called cobb to see if they received it; they said they replaced the screen and were currently investigating it more
-friday: got an email saying they shipped it back to me via ups & included a tracking #
scheduled delivery: wednesday!

great customer service cobb!
Old 01-18-2010, 01:04 AM   #19 (permalink)
VIP Member

bkurtz2006 will be known by all on 8thcivic soon
Ok well the problem that I am having is that my car is bogging every time I shift anywhere from 5k to 6k rpm. I have my vtec set at 4300 rpm. It is a custom tune that I had got from cobb tuning plano. I had gotten two tunes done one before cam phasing was available and one after. It seems that the bogging got a lot worse after the cam phasing tune. Has cobb figured this problem out yet?
bkurtz2006 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2010, 02:23 PM   #20 (permalink)
E-Tunez FTT!!!

Rulo
ruloSI just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Hello Bkurts, you will have to explain the issue that you are having, I'm not aware of any cam phasing issues/updates etc. The latest update was the rev-hang remove update, we've had cam phasing since ATR was released...

ruloSI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in