CobbTuning issues and problems - Page 2 - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > ECU Tuning Information > Cobb Tuning

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2010, 03:07 PM   #21 (permalink)
VIP Member

bkurtz2006 will be known by all on 8thcivic soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruloSI View Post
Hello Bkurts, you will have to explain the issue that you are having, I'm not aware of any cam phasing issues/updates etc. The latest update was the rev-hang remove update, we've had cam phasing since ATR was released...
Ok well whenever I shift at 5k to 6k rpm in any gear, the engine rpm will shift to a point at or near my vtec engagement point of 4300 rpm. When that happens the engine will bog and loose power. This issue happened before the latest cam phasing update but it didn't seem to be as bad until I had the cam phasing tune done. I will post my catalog as soon as I figure out how to do it. I know that when you datalg it gives you options on what to log. If anyone could tell me which parameters to log that would be helpfully too.

bkurtz2006 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2010, 01:27 AM   #22 (permalink)

Jason Lee
cambodianricer just put it into 3rd gear on 8thciviccambodianricer just put it into 3rd gear on 8thciviccambodianricer just put it into 3rd gear on 8thciviccambodianricer just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivic
my cob likes to freeze up...

Last edited by cambodianricer; 03-22-2010 at 11:10 PM.
cambodianricer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2010, 11:53 AM   #23 (permalink)

Orbit1 sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicOrbit1 sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicOrbit1 sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicOrbit1 sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicOrbit1 sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicOrbit1 sometimes day dreams about 8thcivic
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkurtz2006 View Post
Ok well whenever I shift at 5k to 6k rpm in any gear, the engine rpm will shift to a point at or near my vtec engagement point of 4300 rpm. When that happens the engine will bog and loose power. This issue happened before the latest cam phasing update but it didn't seem to be as bad until I had the cam phasing tune done. I will post my catalog as soon as I figure out how to do it. I know that when you datalg it gives you options on what to log. If anyone could tell me which parameters to log that would be helpfully too.
Log em all, it's not going to hurt you and you can always delete the info you don't want from the spreadsheet later.

I was having a similar problem when using an OTS map with the MAF calibrated for my car. I changed to BV1's AEM SRI map and re-cal'd my maf.
VTEC is now lower at 5k and the transition isn't very noticibale but there is no signifigant drop off in power like before.
Orbit1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2010, 09:26 PM   #24 (permalink)

Edward McNamara
GlobalCop just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
I uninstalled my AP from the car (unmarried?) because I was taking it in to the dealer for some warranty work. Now when I try to install a MAP it tells me that there are too many maps to display. I've opened it on Access Manager and as I knew, there are only 5 maps installed. I deleted them all from the AP and put them back on again. Same problem. I'm running the latest firmware (1.5.0.4-12617) and using all rev 1.03 maps.

Looking at the status, it is not installed on the vehicle, but there is also now no option to reinstall it. I'll call Cobb tommorow because I don't see this issue addressed anywhere on their site.

Last edited by GlobalCop; 04-13-2010 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Added firmware version
GlobalCop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2010, 09:37 PM   #25 (permalink)

C1v1CSI08 just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
dude you know whats funny i have the total REVERSE situation that you have, i CANNOT uninstall my cobb ap and it is telling me that i HAVE NO maps and i check the computer and i have several of them and all of them are version 1.03, tried calling them today and they told me call them back when i have a computer and my cobb with me so they can walk me through this, and to top it off the ap tells me that it cannot communicate with my ecu and make sure that it is connected securely, im a dude im pretty sure i can "STICK IT" in securely but for somereason its giving me that reason!!!!
C1v1CSI08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2010, 10:56 PM   #26 (permalink)

Edward McNamara
Either way, bottom line is that the damn things aren't working. I'll be sure to have my laptop with me when I call them tomorrow. I bought the Cobb over the Hondata because I thought it would be a simple solution. I just wanted to plug and play. A couple weeks with the thing and I'm playing games trying to get it to do the most basic function.

BTW, it's worth noting that I emailed them over a week ago, got an auto-reply that said they'd answer ASAP and I haven't heard a thing; not encouraging.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:09 PM   #27 (permalink)

Edward McNamara
Called Cobb today and they resolved the issue. Here's what's happening in my case:

When an AP is uninstalled it has all the possible Civic maps embedded in the AP, but they are not visible even with the Access Manager software. If you have (as was my case) even a couple maps installed manually to the AP, it pushes it over the limit. My first attempt to solve the problem was to delete and re-add the five rev 1.03 maps. I was certain that only five maps couldn't be causing it to display the over the limit error. I was wrong.

The solution was to delete those rev 1.03 maps (so that when viewing the AP in Access Manager there appears to be no maps installed on the AP). Then install AP in vehicle. At that point you'll see the embedded maps. I've now installed the AP to my car (and Stage 1 stock rev. 1.02 to the ECU), then connected it to my PC and deleted the maps I don't need and installed the rev 1.03 maps I do want. Later I'll go out and install the rev 1.03 map that I want on my ECU.

Last edited by GlobalCop; 04-14-2010 at 04:10 PM.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:13 AM   #28 (permalink)

Gus
red7 just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Has anybody had the message "Fatal Error" come up on the AP. This happened when connecting it to the vehicle. It worked fine earlier that day and now it just gives that message and it is unresponsive, even when plug in the computer.

This will be the 3rd time I send my AP back. Cobb has been pretty good about fixing it but since late Jan I have spend more time without the AP that with.

It does not look like there is anything I can do but to send it back again. I tried upgrading the firware and nothing.
red7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2010, 01:32 PM   #29 (permalink)

Adam
Nokturnl just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Quote:
Originally Posted by red7 View Post
Has anybody had the message "Fatal Error" come up on the AP. This happened when connecting it to the vehicle. It worked fine earlier that day and now it just gives that message and it is unresponsive, even when plug in the computer.

This will be the 3rd time I send my AP back. Cobb has been pretty good about fixing it but since late Jan I have spend more time without the AP that with.

It does not look like there is anything I can do but to send it back again. I tried upgrading the firware and nothing.
Just sent mine back for this same issue yesterday, 3rd time for me sending back as well.

1st Repair - No longer comms with ECU
2nd Repair - Display dead
3rd Repair - Fatal Error

Also mine has never data logged right from day 1 . it will start loggin and then lose comms after about 20 sec. If i unplug it and plug it back in I can data log sometimes just fine, and others another 20sec...then loses comms....poo....It is on its way to service now.
Nokturnl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2010, 02:42 PM   #30 (permalink)

Edward McNamara
I just visited the Cobb Tuning (11/4/2010) website and it looks like the links to Hondas on the main page are gone. Have they stopped developing for Civics? It looks like you can dig through the support section to get to the old MAPS but this doesn't bode well for the future.
Old 11-04-2010, 02:59 PM   #31 (permalink)

< . . >
tonyd3773 just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlobalCop View Post
I just visited the Cobb Tuning (11/4/2010) website and it looks like the links to Hondas on the main page are gone. Have they stopped developing for Civics? It looks like you can dig through the support section to get to the old MAPS but this doesn't bode well for the future.
Yea they stopped supporting the SI - Flashpro is the best option for tuning the civic.
tonyd3773 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2010, 03:04 PM   #32 (permalink)

Stephen
w00t692 just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Are you serious? Read these forums?
w00t692 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2010, 03:23 PM   #33 (permalink)

Edward McNamara
Does Flashpro still have a deal where you can trade in your COBB for credit?

WT, I try to keep up man, but with a new baby on the way, keeping up with my Home Theater PC forums, gun forums, etc. I fall behind sometimes. Time flies man.

Last edited by GlobalCop; 11-04-2010 at 03:25 PM.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:25 PM   #34 (permalink)

m4tt
m4tt just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivicm4tt just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivicm4tt just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivicm4tt just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivic
I don't think so. Hondata has no more competition to destroy.
m4tt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2010, 03:26 PM   #35 (permalink)

Resident asshat
quickfit just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlobalCop View Post
Does Hondata still have a deal where you can trade in your Acessport for credit?
as much as i understood what you said, your inconsistancy of manufacturer and product was annoying me. fixed. lol

and no, they do not.
quickfit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2011, 12:52 AM   #36 (permalink)

Tomo just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
I'm having a problem with reflashing a map to my ECU. Steve from E-tunez is looking into this problem for me but I thought I'd ask if anyone else encountered something similar and knew of a way to fix it.

E-tunez has been tuning my car and my AP was working great up until the final revision. I downloaded the final revision to the AP, deleted most of the existing maps, then went to my car to reflash my ECU. When I go to change the map, the usual screens open but after the verifying maps screen, nothing happens. Usually the available maps appear after a second or two and I can start reflashing. But this time, I waited over a minute and nothing happens. The only way to get out of the screen is to unplug the AP. I've tried deleting all the maps and reloading them to the AP and Steve gave me another map but nothing worked.

I can still datalog and all the other functions work, just the reflash doesn't work. Does anyone know what's going on? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Tomo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2011, 12:45 PM   #37 (permalink)

Dean
Skydiver just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Cobb posted new maps on site.

Hi Everyone,

I noticed that Cobb had updated the maps on their website. If I remember correctly they were V103. Now they list V105.
Here is the link. cobb . Civic Si accessport . map listing

Not sure if they are significant updates from the last ones but check it out.
If the link doesn't work then goto cobbtuning.com and search for honda.
Click on access port. Then click on maps then the year of your car.

Anyone close to Cobb know if they are still working on Honda or not?
Or do they just update as people with the AP for their Si give them information?
Skydiver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2012, 12:16 AM   #38 (permalink)

Lazy_SI just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Running lean with a stage2 map. I have Cat back with header and cat delete along with CAI. Also just put a throttle body spacer on. Trying to find a COBB tuner for my SI in the Seattle WA area if anyone can help there to.
Lazy_SI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2012, 10:03 PM   #39 (permalink)
E-Tunez Tuner

Dan
Dan0974 just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy_SI View Post
Running lean with a stage2 map. I have Cat back with header and cat delete along with CAI. Also just put a throttle body spacer on. Trying to find a COBB tuner for my SI in the Seattle WA area if anyone can help there to.
If you're looking for a tune hit me up [email protected] or check out our website ECU Tuning for K-Pro, FlashPro and AccessPORT | E-Tunez. We are one of the few places you can still get a Civic Si running a Cobb Accessport tuned.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-CTSC Stg2-FlashPro-IMT Inlet-INJEN CAI-3" Exhaust-KRRH--> 13.2 @ 111mph
Professional Tunes -->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Dan0974 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2013, 06:09 PM   #40 (permalink)

Kris
polar23 just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Is anybody here still use cobb? I have a Fatal Error after updating the firmware.

polar23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in