Chat with COBB Sunday (8/9/2009) at 1PM PST (4PM EST) - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > ECU Tuning Information > Cobb Tuning

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2009, 02:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
there is no spoon

mucter just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Chat with COBB Sunday (8/9/2009) at 1PM PST (4PM EST)

Chat with COBB Sunday (8/9/2009) at 1PM PST (4PM EST) | AccessTUNERS

AccessTUNERS is hosting a chat session with Christian from COBB Tuning this Sunday at 1pm PST. He'll be answering questions about the AccessPORT and AccessTUNER Race. Don't miss it!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2009, 02:22 PM   #2 (permalink)

B
BLouIsGod should be doing the 1/4 Mile in the 12'sBLouIsGod should be doing the 1/4 Mile in the 12'sBLouIsGod should be doing the 1/4 Mile in the 12'sBLouIsGod should be doing the 1/4 Mile in the 12'sBLouIsGod should be doing the 1/4 Mile in the 12'sBLouIsGod should be doing the 1/4 Mile in the 12'sBLouIsGod should be doing the 1/4 Mile in the 12'sBLouIsGod should be doing the 1/4 Mile in the 12'sBLouIsGod should be doing the 1/4 Mile in the 12'sBLouIsGod should be doing the 1/4 Mile in the 12'sBLouIsGod should be doing the 1/4 Mile in the 12's
very cool

BLouIsGod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2009, 04:38 PM   #3 (permalink)

Roy
jdmcoupe just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivicjdmcoupe just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivicjdmcoupe just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivicjdmcoupe just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivicjdmcoupe just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivic
thats good
jdmcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2009, 02:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
there is no spoon

Just a reminder that this is happening today in about an hour and a half! Christian has confirmed with me that he'll be there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mucter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2009, 03:22 PM   #5 (permalink)

Roy
jdmcoupe just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivicjdmcoupe just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivicjdmcoupe just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivicjdmcoupe just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivicjdmcoupe just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivic
what happened to cobb Sunday
Old 08-12-2009, 03:25 PM   #6 (permalink)

m4tt
m4tt just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivicm4tt just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivicm4tt just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivicm4tt just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivic
Quote:
Just wanted to make sure we keep track of the things Christian was going to try to get exposed in ATR for us.

1. Lambda target fuel tables (for fueling issues we're experiencing, CL at 8200 rpm with STFTs, BAD.... this is also going to be important for FI applications as you'll need to target a much richer AFR in OL)
2. Cam phasing maximum/minimum tables (to try to get 50 degree cam phasing ala FlashPro)
3. Fuel tip-in calibration table (rev hang issues)
4. Primary O2 calibration tables for AFR (to recalibrate as ECT rises, compensation for fake richness)

If we can get access to 50 degree cam angles we'll also need tables for the following. I don't know if these tables exist in the ECU, you guys might have to program them in manually (yes I know this sucks, but pretty please with sugar on top?)

1. Ign Adv Low VTEC @ 50 Cam Advance
2. Ign Adv High VTEC @ 50 Cam Advance
3. Knock Sensitivity Low VTEC @ 50 Cam Advance
4. Knock Sensitivity High VTEC @ 50 Cam Advance

I'd also like to request another RPM breakpoint Adj table, specifically the High VTEC Engagement Load Dependancy, as I'd like to be able to tune the load required for high VTEC crossover to vary by RPM range. Since some of us are running VTEC as low as 3500 RPM, this will help us not crossover needlessly in higher gears (4th, 5th, 6th).

I would also propose that to eliminate confusion we remove the CL and OL monikers from the Ign Adv and Knock Sensitivity tables, as they are both obviously used in CL and OL in Low and High vtec, so having the CL/OL tacked on at the beginning is just needlessly confusing. I've labeled the proposed Ign Adv and Knock Sensitivity tables for 50 degree cam phasing in this format to reflect this change.

I think we should hold off on renaming any of the Fueling tables until we resolve the non-sense around lambda targets and CL/OL.
Things the AccessTUNERS team is hoping to see in the next ATR revision | AccessTUNERS
m4tt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2009, 03:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
there is no spoon

^^ yeah that. Christian chatted with us for a couple hours.

Old 08-12-2009, 03:55 PM   #8 (permalink)

Roy
That sounds great, but why is 50 degree is needed
Old 08-12-2009, 06:54 PM   #9 (permalink)
there is no spoon

more mid-range torque, and also so the FP'ers can't claim it as an exclusive feature.

Old 08-22-2009, 12:47 AM   #10 (permalink)
E-Tunez Tuner

Dan
Dan0974 just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Christian from Cobb sent Jay (Mucter) and I an email yesterday stating that he wanted to stop by the chat on The Un-Official Cobb AccessPORT users community | AccessTUNERS sometime tomorrow (August 22nd). He didn't state a certain time that he would be there, but you guys are welcome to check in every once in a while to see if he's there. Last time he showed up around 2-2:30pm pst (5-5:30pm est).

-CTSC Stg2-FlashPro-IMT Inlet-INJEN CAI-3" Exhaust-KRRH--> 13.2 @ 111mph
Professional Tunes -->

Dan0974 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2009, 01:40 PM   #11 (permalink)

Roy
damn i missed it
Old 08-26-2009, 01:36 PM   #12 (permalink)

bludragon just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Any plans to post the logs from these chats? Or at least let the curious know if anything interesting came up...
bludragon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2009, 02:21 PM   #13 (permalink)
E-Tunez Tuner

Dan
Dan0974 just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Christian didn't show on August 22. He said his laptop died and he left the cord at work. He did say he wants to schedule something again soon, but I'm gonna leave that one up to Jay...

-CTSC Stg2-FlashPro-IMT Inlet-INJEN CAI-3" Exhaust-KRRH--> 13.2 @ 111mph
Professional Tunes -->

Dan0974 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in