South bend stage 2 clutch(exedy) daily and exedy lightweight flywheel. - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > Bolt-Ons And All-Motor > Clutch & Transmission

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2015, 09:25 AM   #1 (permalink)

Mike Ogg
a7xogg just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
South bend stage 2 clutch(exedy) daily and exedy lightweight flywheel.

I just wanted to give a positive review on a clutch that I don't see people talk about. I've put about 1500 miles on this combo and love ever minute of it. South bend offers many different clutches and different classes with their stage (daily, track, drag). I have 143k and track a lot so I'm glad I picked the daily. The actual clutch disc is 100% OEM stock exedy disc. The pedal is softer than stock pushing down, but it returns with more force than stock. The flywheel now takes a little time to get used to. Since flywheels store energy, starting off from start you need a little more throttle and as soon as you get over 2200 rpm. The car wants to pull significantly harder, especially when cruising in 4th-6th hear round 3k rpm it has very nice partial throttle torque now. I paid $226 from excelerate performance and $292 for the flywheel. I'd recommend this clutch and flywheel to everyone

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2015, 06:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

Cory
drummercor1 just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Garage
Good to know, i'll be needing a clutch soon enough. This helps a bunch.

drummercor1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2015, 05:00 PM   #3 (permalink)

ExcelerateRep just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
We're glad your enjoying your new setup! Always great seeing reviews for items that aren't as talked about. We recommend South Bend for a lot of our customers.
ExcelerateRep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in