8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

new gears grinding?

1K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  D.K. 
#1 ·
I recently rebuilt my transmission gears 1-4 with sleeves and bearings and gearspeed carbon fiber synchros. I also installed an Action stage 5 1MD clutch and bled the clutch. My problem now is my 3rd and 4th gears grind. 3rd grinded the day I got the car back and 4th started grinding the day after. I got the car friday the 11th. Does anyone know why my brand new gears grind? They're oem.. thank you for any help.

#4 ·
My good friend's brother did the transmission. Adjust the master cylinder no I didn't know I wa supposed to. My friend said something about the slave cylinder and some people swap it?
Where all the clearances checked during assembly?

You should always adjust the CMC after your replace the clutch or at least check it. Can you slave cylinder move if you press on it?

People swap to the EM1 CMC but I haven't heard of people swapping the slave. but the oem Cmc is fine if adjusted correctly. ID start there if I were you, there are some DIY's on here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.