33whp and 30wtq from hondata reflash and DCRH!! - Page 7 - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Model Specific Civic Information > Civic SI

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2007, 02:18 PM   #121 (permalink)

Sam
samx109 just installed chrome spinner hubcapssamx109 just installed chrome spinner hubcapssamx109 just installed chrome spinner hubcapssamx109 just installed chrome spinner hubcapssamx109 just installed chrome spinner hubcapssamx109 just installed chrome spinner hubcapssamx109 just installed chrome spinner hubcapssamx109 just installed chrome spinner hubcapssamx109 just installed chrome spinner hubcapssamx109 just installed chrome spinner hubcapssamx109 just installed chrome spinner hubcaps
Send a message via AIM to samx109
i'd understand your opinions and all but i think everyone should judge how the reflash works only if you have the reflash or actually droven it before

samx109 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2007, 09:00 PM   #122 (permalink)
Banned

Shane
KidnKorner sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicKidnKorner sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicKidnKorner sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicKidnKorner sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicKidnKorner sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicKidnKorner sometimes day dreams about 8thcivic
Send a message via AIM to KidnKorner Send a message via Yahoo to KidnKorner
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmfa View Post
This is driving me crazy. VTECH is on all the time, the 'vtech engagement' that you are talking about is actually a 2nd cam gear. It is NOT 'vtech kicking in.'
That has to be the most retarded or the funniest thing I have ever read.

A Second cam gear? The intake and exhaust rocker arm assemblies lock and ride on the center camshaft lobe and this occurs at 5800 rpms, below that the 2 outer rocker arms operate independently of each other. As far as second cam gear I think you are referring to goes the intake camshaft has a computer controlled adjustable camshaft sprocket. It has infinite adjustment up to a certain cam degree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiddy View Post
King is right that the reflash won't help much in a drag race except while you're in first gear, unless you can't shift for crap and fall out of the vtec window.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLU BY U View Post
If all your looking for is a little more grunt during everyday driving....go ahead and shell out the $650. But, don't expect to run faster in any type of basic acceleration test.
I would seem to think that anything that improves a 0-60 time/1-2 shift would definitely improve quarter mile time assuming traction wasn't an issue.

With all things being equal the car with the most HP will out accelerate the other regardless of torque.

KidnKorner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2007, 12:38 PM   #123 (permalink)

e60.deluxe squeals their tires in neutrale60.deluxe squeals their tires in neutrale60.deluxe squeals their tires in neutrale60.deluxe squeals their tires in neutrale60.deluxe squeals their tires in neutrale60.deluxe squeals their tires in neutrale60.deluxe squeals their tires in neutrale60.deluxe squeals their tires in neutrale60.deluxe squeals their tires in neutrale60.deluxe squeals their tires in neutrale60.deluxe squeals their tires in neutral
Quote:
What RPM's are you at when racing(full throttle)? 6100-8100give or take.

omg, vtec again??6100-8100

There is no purpose for mid-range while RACING/ACCELERATING in an FG2 (auto-x excluded). You *MIGHT* take 2 tenths to 3 tenths of a second off your 1/4mile with all kinds of variables. Run a hondata Si vs. a stock ecu si with exact mods. Guess what.....they're going to be pretty much even. And the guy in the hondata si spent $650 for what? :
you get about 30HP increase at 6200RPM. 140 to about 170. which means that the variance in HP from your powerband is only about 20. 170-190. before it was 140-190.

so what happens is that your average HP for your powerband is up a significant amount.
e60.deluxe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2007, 07:28 PM   #124 (permalink)

skyy_12 just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
you guys are a bunch of idiots...the civic with the reflash will definitely pull away from the stock one...more hp and torque with a higher rev limit WILL dominate...HONDATA FTMFW!!!
skyy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2008, 10:43 PM   #125 (permalink)

Faisal
ricetastic just put it into 2nd gear on 8thcivicricetastic just put it into 2nd gear on 8thcivicricetastic just put it into 2nd gear on 8thcivic
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyy_12 View Post
you guys are a bunch of idiots...the civic with the reflash will definitely pull away from the stock one...more hp and torque with a higher rev limit WILL dominate...HONDATA FTMFW!!!
Isn't it only increased from 8,500 rpm to 8,600 rpm?
ricetastic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2008, 11:39 PM   #126 (permalink)

reaper702 just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicreaper702 just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicreaper702 just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicreaper702 just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicreaper702 just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicreaper702 just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicreaper702 just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicreaper702 just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicreaper702 just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicreaper702 just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicreaper702 just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivic
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricetastic View Post
Isn't it only increased from 8,500 rpm to 8,600 rpm?
no, from 8200 to 8600
reaper702 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2008, 09:31 PM   #127 (permalink)

Vin
06Honda06SI lives their life a quarter mile at a time06Honda06SI lives their life a quarter mile at a time06Honda06SI lives their life a quarter mile at a time06Honda06SI lives their life a quarter mile at a time06Honda06SI lives their life a quarter mile at a time06Honda06SI lives their life a quarter mile at a time
when you do reflash can you just slap on a s/c why or why not? b/c would like to do a comptech s/c but trying to learn everything i would need for this thanks you (im getting a si soon about 2 months away and i have money aside for sc or reflash )

Last edited by 06Honda06SI; 02-18-2008 at 09:45 PM.
06Honda06SI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2008, 12:43 AM   #128 (permalink)

ex5coupe lives their life a quarter mile at a timeex5coupe lives their life a quarter mile at a timeex5coupe lives their life a quarter mile at a timeex5coupe lives their life a quarter mile at a timeex5coupe lives their life a quarter mile at a timeex5coupe lives their life a quarter mile at a time
NO The reason for the lag is due to the rsx being speed density (Map) vs SI which has Maf and Map

Also the lag he refers to is due to the Si having an electronic throttle body versus a cable actuated in the RSX. When an RSX drive stomps the gas, that throttle is instantly pen, an Si driver on the other hand has to "wait" for the throttle to be opened by the servo in the throttle body. Indeed you may have experience a decrease in lag, but the lag we refer to is of a different nature and has to do with the function of the throttle body.[/QUOTE]
ex5coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2008, 02:32 AM   #129 (permalink)
Banned

sstupid likes to double clutchsstupid likes to double clutchsstupid likes to double clutch
Quote:
I think it depends on the drivers.
sstupid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2008, 03:06 PM   #130 (permalink)

Stealthcivic just put it into 2nd gear on 8thcivicStealthcivic just put it into 2nd gear on 8thcivicStealthcivic just put it into 2nd gear on 8thcivic
Quote:
This is very funny...be nice now bro!
I am gettin the reflash soon, I know it will kill a stock si.....
Stealthcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2008, 10:21 PM   #131 (permalink)

Lance
07 Figi Blue Si will be known by all on 8thcivic soon
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by O6 Si View Post
does it not say on hondata web site it works best with a stock or more constrictive exhaust not less
Wrong. It says it works best with stock or less restrictive. Read below, under "An Intake".

The K20Z3-06Si reflash lowers the VTEC point to 4500 rpm, advances the cam angle and raises the rev limit to 8600 rpm.

We have implemented a VTEC window from 4500rpm to 5800 rpm.

Below 4500 rpm the K20Z3 is always on the low cam
Above 5800 rpm the K20Z3 is always on the high cam
Between 4500 rpm and 5800 rpm the K20Z3 is on the low cam at part throttle switching to the high cam at full throttle.
This one reflash will work well with a variety of aftermarket performance parts. It will work well with:

An intake
Cat-backs (as long as they are less restrictive than stock)
A race header *
A combination of intake and race header
(*Note that current race headers eliminate the catalytic converter and will generate a check engine light. This engine check light is for emissions and will not affect the car's performance. Race headers are for offroad use only)
07 Figi Blue Si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2008, 10:39 PM   #132 (permalink)

Lance
07 Figi Blue Si will be known by all on 8thcivic soon
Please see post:
DC Race Headers, CARB, and CA smog.

Please reply to the questions I present.
THKS
07 Figi Blue Si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2008, 12:50 PM   #133 (permalink)

Grimey just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Do you need aftermarket parts installed for a reflash to work?

I.E. - intake, header, catback, etc. Essentially what I am asking is, could I do a reflash bone stock?
Grimey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2008, 02:05 PM   #134 (permalink)

Bradley
PhoR11 sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicPhoR11 sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicPhoR11 sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicPhoR11 sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicPhoR11 sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicPhoR11 sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicPhoR11 sometimes day dreams about 8thcivic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimey View Post
Do you need aftermarket parts installed for a reflash to work?

I.E. - intake, header, catback, etc. Essentially what I am asking is, could I do a reflash bone stock?
It will work bone stock but you will get much more out of it if you also replace the intake, header, and exhaust with less restrictive parts.
PhoR11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2008, 10:31 PM   #135 (permalink)

Vin
06Honda06SI lives their life a quarter mile at a time06Honda06SI lives their life a quarter mile at a time06Honda06SI lives their life a quarter mile at a time06Honda06SI lives their life a quarter mile at a time06Honda06SI lives their life a quarter mile at a time06Honda06SI lives their life a quarter mile at a time
Wondering... my friend told me that with a RH and reflash that our cars would run very rich or lean don't remember which one but is this true. And if so is this dangerous or harmful to our cars?
06Honda06SI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2008, 12:11 AM   #136 (permalink)

slow4drsi likes to double clutchslow4drsi likes to double clutchslow4drsi likes to double clutch
Quote:
like i said.....just like the hondata dyno sheet shows...........you have the same power/tq as the stock set-up past 6100rpms.

all variables aside.....if i give another fg2 100hp and 70/lbft below 6100 rpms but not after.........they are going to accelerate the same. period.

YOU DO NOT USE MID RANGE IN AN FG2 WHEN RACING AT FULL THROTTLE
i don't think so ,i feel the diff when launching 1st gear and 2nd gear counts,it's easier to get out from a stop now with the reflash,the tq @ 4800rpms is very noticable, before the car feels slow until the vtec kicks @6200rpms....
slow4drsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2008, 07:06 AM   #137 (permalink)

sccrfrk06 just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
okay. not to beat a dead horse but about the whole vtec kicking in. the k20 has 2 intake valves and 2 exhaust valves. under normal driving conditions only one intake valve opens to allow air into the piston. under hard acceleration the second valve is opened, hence the "kicking on" of vtec. more air in the combustion chamber (piston) means more power. same principle of forced induction. when the second valve opens more power is suddenly generated creating the sudden increase in acceleration. it has nothing to do with angles or anything like that. its all in the valves.

as for the hondata. i wouldn't doubt that the hondata ecu would out perform the stock ecu in the quarter mile because if you launch reasonably at a lower rpm to avoid wheelspin you are going to go through the whole power band. the car with more midrange will accelerate faster here because it has more power. even if you do have the same hp up top as the stock si you will still get there first which means you can shift into 2nd before the other car. you can't launch high and expect to win because you will just sit there lighting up your tires going nowhere until you grab traction while the car who launched lower is probably already shifting into 2nd gear. so before you start thinking the whole race is done in the top end remember you have to launch first. would you rather have traction the whole way through the race or would you rather spin your wheels and look like you can't race? i'll let you be the judge.
sccrfrk06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2008, 07:27 AM   #138 (permalink)

i find it funny that this thread started with this

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06redsi View Post
Well i finnally got my ECU back this moring from Hondata. Its everything i hope for and more! The drivavbilty of the car is awesome now, no more hesitation and alot more mid range pull and top end power. The midrange is were it gained the most power and thats nice because everytime you shift to the next gear you land righ in the peak torque section, i gained over 30whp and 30wtq between 5000 and 6000rpms!! The dyno will show 3 different runs on one chart to compare the difference in power each mod has made, all on the same dynojet dyno. from stock i have gained 34whp and 31wtq with Only a custom 3'' exhaust and DC race header, hondata IMG and reflash. This was all done with factory intake!! The strongest run that hit 200whp and 144wtq was with the addition of the DCRH and the reflash only!! . not bad considering it was 100.F in their today, damn texas heat. Well anyways, Its worth it, heres the proof. enjoy :w00t:

Scanner is messed up will post dynographs soon.
here is someone simply just stating what happened in their case and everyone else ended up arguing over who would win, how vtec works, whether or not you use midrange in a full accel race, etc.

we can argue over anything and everything and all want to be right. lol.
Old 03-29-2008, 07:33 AM   #139 (permalink)

one last thing. in case anyone has any doubts about vtec watch this video

Honda Worldwide | i-VTEC I Video

it talks about the high acceleration at about 6min 40sec
Old 03-29-2008, 01:06 PM   #140 (permalink)

cation needs another gear in their car!!!!cation needs another gear in their car!!!!cation needs another gear in their car!!!!cation needs another gear in their car!!!!cation needs another gear in their car!!!!cation needs another gear in their car!!!!cation needs another gear in their car!!!!cation needs another gear in their car!!!!cation needs another gear in their car!!!!cation needs another gear in their car!!!!cation needs another gear in their car!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sccrfrk06 View Post
under normal driving conditions only one intake valve opens to allow air into the piston. under hard acceleration the second valve is opened, hence the "kicking on" of vtec. more air in the combustion chamber (piston) means more power. same principle of forced induction. when the second valve opens more power is suddenly generated creating the sudden increase in acceleration. it has nothing to do with angles or anything like that. its all in the valves.
WAT!!!???

Seriously man, you have NO idea what you are talking about with the K20z3.

YouTube - How VTEC works

The video that you posted is for a direct injected 2.0 i-VTEC-I, our K20Z3 i-VTEC engine is NOT direct injected and our valve train doesn't operate like the video that you've posted. It operates similar to the vid I posted. Also cam angle adjustment has just as much, if not more, to do with i-VTEC engine performance as valve lift and duration do.

I think you may be a bit confused so here's a word from Wiki:

Quote:
i-VTEC

i-VTEC (intelligent-VTEC [4]) introduced continuously variable camshaft phasing on the intake cam of DOHC VTEC engines. The technology first appeared on Honda's K-series four cylinder engine family in 2001 (2002 in the U.S.). Valve lift and duration are still limited to distinct low- and high-RPM profiles, but the intake camshaft is now capable of advancing between 25 and 50 degrees (depending upon engine configuration) during operation. Phase changes are implemented by a computer controlled, oil driven adjustable cam gear. Phasing is determined by a combination of engine load and rpm, ranging from fully retarded at idle to maximum advance at full throttle and low rpm. The effect is further optimization of torque output, especially at low and midrange RPM.

The K-Series motors have two different types of i-VTEC systems implemented. The first is for the performance motors like in the RSX Type S or the TSX and the other is for economy motors found in the CR-V or Accord. The performance i-VTEC system is basically the same as the DOHC VTEC system of the B16A's, both intake and exhaust have 3 cam lobes per cylinder. However the valvetrain has the added benefit of roller rockers and continuously variable intake cam timing. The economy i-VTEC is more like the SOHC VTEC-E in that the intake cam has only two lobes, one very small and one larger, as well as no VTEC on the exhaust cam. The two types of motor are easily distinguishable by the factory rated power output: the performance motors make around 200 hp or more in stock form and the economy motors do not make much more than 160 hp from the factory.

In 2004, Honda introduced an i-VTEC V6 (an update of the venerable J-series), but in this case, i-VTEC had nothing to do with cam phasing. Instead, i-VTEC referred to Honda's cylinder deactivation technology which closes the valves on one bank of (3) cylinders during light load and low speed (below 80 mph) operation. The technology was originally introduced to the US on the Honda Odyssey minivan, and can now be found on the Honda Accord Hybrid and the 2006 Honda Pilot.

An additional version of i-VTEC was introduced on the 2006 Honda Civic's R-series four cylinder SOHC engines. This implementation uses the so-called "economy cams" on one of the two intake valves of each cylinder. The "economy cams" are designed to delay the closure of the intake valve they act upon, and are activated at low rpms and under light loads. When the "economy cams" are activated, one of the two intake valves in each cylinder closes well after the piston has started moving upwards in the compression stroke. That way, a part of the mixture that has entered the combustion chamber is forced out again, into the intake manifold. That way, the engine "emulates" a lower displacement than its actual one (its operation is also similar to an Atkinson cycle engine, with uneven compression and combustion strokes), which reduces fuel consumption and increases its efficiency. During the operation with the "economy cams", the (by-wire) throttle butterfly is kept fully open, in order to reduce pumping losses. According to Honda, this measure alone can reduce pumping losses by 16%. In higher rpms and under heavier loads, the engine switches back into its "normal cams", and it operates like a regular 4 stroke Otto cycle engine. This implementation of i-VTEC was initially introduced in the R18A1 engine found under the bonnet of the 8th generation Civic, with a displacement of 1.8 L and an output of 140PS. Recently, another variant was released, the 2.0 L R20A2 with an output of 150PS, which powers the EUDM version of the all-new CRV

With the continued introduction of vastly different i-VTEC systems, one may assume that the term is now a catch-all for creative valve control technologies from Honda.

Last edited by cation; 03-29-2008 at 01:27 PM.
cation is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in