Coupe vs Sedan? - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Model Specific Civic Information > Civic SI

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2019, 10:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

fg2jesse has their car in neutral right now
Coupe vs Sedan?

I know it’s been covered before but the only stuff I could find was on the preformance, not the actual practically.

I had an FG2 for about year before I ended up selling it, and it served me well. I hardly ever had to haul stuff and when I did I just used my parents SUV but that’s no longer an option because I’ve moved across the country. I’ve been without a car for a couple of months now and I’m really itching to get back into an 8th gen now that it’s starting to get nicer out, and I’m a little torn on a FG2 vs an FA5... I like the styling of the couple better but since I’ve sold it I’ve gotten into cycling and snowboarding and I’m a little concerned about trunk space.

And coupe owners able to fit a bike or snowboard stuff into their cars without any issues? Or am I better off with a sedan? I hardly ever have more then one passenger so I’m not really worried about that. I really want another coupe but I just want to hear some other peoples input and experience

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2019, 04:00 AM   #2 (permalink)

johnali has their car in neutral right now
U could fold down the rear seats in the fg2 for more space? get a roof rack maybe lol. can’t go wrong with either one tho i equally like their styling. I have an FG2 and it’s rare for me to haul stuff or drive with more than 1 passenger but when i have to i really wish i had an fa5.

johnali is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2019, 07:05 AM   #3 (permalink)

cyrus_gremlins just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
I would think you could fit a fair bit in the Coupe with the seats down. It's been awhile since I have read paid attention to trunk space but I feel like there is a fair bit in the Coupe.
cyrus_gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2019, 09:21 PM   #4 (permalink)

Petah78 just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
I believe the trunk size to the coupe and sedan is the same size. The oem cargo liner that I purchased used was from a coupe and it fits perfectly in my sedan.
Petah78 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2019, 01:52 AM   #5 (permalink)

fg2jesse has their car in neutral right now
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnali View Post
U could fold down the rear seats in the fg2 for more space? get a roof rack maybe lol. can’t go wrong with either one tho i equally like their styling. I have an FG2 and it’s rare for me to haul stuff or drive with more than 1 passenger but when i have to i really wish i had an fa5.
My bad, forgot to mention I’m talking about the amount of space with the seats folded down, with the seats up there’s no chance you could fit a snowboard or a bike.

Do the sedan back seats mean more room when the seats are down? I know the coupe with the seats folded down is pretty decent, I drove that car when I moved and had it packed to the roof with just about everything that I owned, but I’m curious about the length. I want to avoid buying a bike hitch or roof rack if I can, not crazy on how they look and that’s money I could put towards preference 🏎️
fg2jesse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2019, 06:59 AM   #6 (permalink)

cyrus_gremlins just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
The Coupe interior is slightly smaller I believe since the wheel base is shorter
cyrus_gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in