8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Student Hybrid project

13K views 81 replies 32 participants last post by  Comeau 
#1 · (Edited)
EDIT: Build thread here! http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/car-...ng-lots-pictures-56k-go-away.html#post9604221

Not sure what to call this, or where I should post this but this is just used as a personal note for myself :) Thought it might be nice to share it too

Little background info; I'm a high school student still , got this 2009 Taffeta white Honda Civic Hybrid as a gift from my parents :) I would of much preferred an SI, but it's a gift and not a choice so I'm happy with what I have. I doubt I can do much to the engine , so for now I'm going to focus on making it look nice first ..

Purchased August 2010 brand new from a Richmond Honda dealer;

Looks so much cleaner without the civic and hybrid emblems :) Pic taken on a really cold morning

LED DRL's installed, interior LED's hooked up to my low beams :)

[Oct 02 2010], had a hood swap with a nice guy on revscene :) Seibon CF hood . Pic taken on a cloudy day ): Gotta find a sunny day to take a nice pic

Some better pics :)

[Oct 26, 2010] My gf's Nikon cam, love the quality even though it was taken on a cloudy day ): I suck at using these cams haha

Rims~ XXR 525's 16x7 +38

Wish my license plate was actually like this :\ did a temp thing, thinking about making it permanent EDIT: Done :)

authentic JDM $150 pieces of red plastic.. wooo

Dec 1 Figured out that the color of my car is a tri coat so couldn't paint the spoiler myself.. brought it into a shop to get it painted and installed . Wrapped the top piece in carbon fiber myself and put 3 layers of clear , looks pretty nice :)

What I've done so far.. it's not much but it's slowly growing!

April 19 2011 Wow it's been a while, forgot all about this thread till it got bumped haha.
Quick update; got new wheels, wrapped a few pieces, and took off the chrome accents on door handles, and also replaced the decal with a red 'i' and black '-vtec sohc'

Before I wrapped my chrome grill piece in gloss black;

Pics of my wheels :) Soon to be lowweredd

Can't remember why I edited this pic, it was taken 2 months ago though lol

Exterior
Took off the CIVIC + Hybrid Emblems
Seibon CF Hood
JDM Window Visors
8000k HID Low Beams
Advan RS 18x8 +40 Replica wheels
JDM H Emblems
Mugen RR 4 piece wing w/ carbon fiber wrapped top piece
Red pinstripe on grill
Foglights w/ 3k HIDs
CF wrapped rear chrome license plate trim
Gloss black wrapped front chrome grill

Interior:
Blue LED's under the dash
Blue 12 LED dome lights
White LED map lights
JDM Blue H steering wheel emblem

MORE PICS in my garage :) http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/civic_garage/1380
And here!
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/members/74937-albums4725.html

See less See more
#15 ·
hybrid's do have a vtec engine actually. I'm not going to try and make my car fast by any means, just do what I can to get a bit more accel so maybe minivans won't pull away from me at stoplights .. lmao

ah.. forgot about that . I think I've seen a lot of people with white - blueish leds for their license plate lights , I guess I'm going to wait until my order comes in and see how blue mines really are

hiphapasole said:
Too each his own.. I just picked up the same color hybrid at the end of august.. I have my stuff for the car readt, but I have to wait to show it off haha. Low key.. Good luck with your build

#14 · (Edited)
Like other people said, I'd get rid of the vtec stickers and chrome crap. Stickers in general are kind of tacky, especially ones that indicate your car is a certain model when it obviously isn't. As for the intake and exhaust stuff, its probably just a waste of money, unless your parents are just shoveling you free money and you dont care. You're just going to look loud and stupid as minivans pull away from you at stoplights.

#25 ·
Took off my stupid honda motors decal thing today.. taking off the vtec decal tomorrow . hopefully trading my hood + cash for a oem cf hood from a nice guy on revscene :) window visors came in today ~ only stuck on there with 3M tape but atm it seems pretty sturdy . post some pictures tomorrow if the trade for the hood goes well :D

WhiteFrog said:
Looking for a cheap Si interior is a better idea than getting buckets since you'll get to retain your seat airbags.
I was going to get 2 bucket seats for the front just for the sake of losing the extra weight. IMO the Si interior looks nice but I wouldn't dish out an extra $500+ for that haha. On a pretty tight budget

Checked out DanLexani's hybrid the other day; so nice . Hopefully I'll get there one day

@purplemonkeydishwasher haha yeah, I'm really happy getting a present like this xD which is why even though I'd much rather drive something a bit more fun, I wouldn't plan on trading this car away for anything else . And thanks for the site suggestion! Looking it up right now :)

#26 ·
Took off my stupid honda motors decal thing today.. taking off the vtec decal tomorrow . hopefully trading my hood + cash for a oem cf hood from a nice guy on revscene :) window visors came in today ~ only stuck on there with 3M tape but atm it seems pretty sturdy . post some pictures tomorrow if the trade for the hood goes well :D

I was going to get 2 bucket seats for the front just for the sake of losing the extra weight. IMO the Si interior looks nice but I wouldn't dish out an extra $500+ for that haha. On a pretty tight budget

Checked out DanLexani's hybrid the other day; so nice . Hopefully I'll get there one day

@purplemonkeydishwasher haha yeah, I'm really happy getting a present like this xD which is why even though I'd much rather drive something a bit more fun, I wouldn't plan on trading this car away for anything else . And thanks for the site suggestion! Looking it up right now :)
That's a great attitude. All too often people don't appreciate what they have. Personally, I would much rather have a hybrid to save me gas and maintenance costs and a fun car on the side for tracking with.

And there are endless possibilities for modding a hybrid. It just takes a bit more ingenuity, research and creativity rather than throwing on your typical I/H/E and calling it a day like everyone else does.

I sincerely wish I knew someone with a hybrid...I'd love to work on it and see what kinda cool ideas I could come up with.

#27 ·
Damn I wish you lived near me so you could work on my hybrid haha xD

Carbon hood trade was successfull :D pictures edited on my first post~

License plate LEDS also came in today.. looks way too blue but I wont' know how it looks yet until it gets darker tonight . Any ideas if this is too blue to be legal? @__@;; The plastic cover that covers this LED should make it a bit duller..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.