Changing Head Unit Amp? - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Model Specific Civic Information > Civic Coupe And Sedan

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2015, 11:38 AM   #1 (permalink)

jplunks just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Changing Head Unit Amp?

I have a 2006 Sedan Civic EX and The wattage is just terrible compared to the coupe EX model.

I was wondering if there would be a way to take the amp on a coupe model and input it into my unit? Or take the complete head unit of the coupe head unit and place it into mine?

I ask other shops and they just want to sell me a new touch screen unit for $$$. I like the way the stock looks. Just need more juice to be pumped. I know i will need to upgrade the speakers inside the car.

Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2016, 11:36 PM   #2 (permalink)

Attifire just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
^Bump

Attifire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2016, 07:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

RedCoupe just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Garage
Yabut you have two extra doors and a fold down cup holder thingy in the back, plus that heating duct under the seats as well!

Anything is possible, I do recall reading that there was some differences between the coupe and sedan premium systems. There are definite differences between the EX/SI vs non-premium models in the coupe.

This old thread has pin-outs which will be of use to you should you wish to try it:
https://www.8thcivic.com/forums/i-c-e...avigation.html
RedCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2017, 01:38 PM   #4 (permalink)

CNG turbo just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Garage
I am in the middle of this conversion myself, I have an 06 hybrid and got the head unit, amp and front speakers from a 2007 Si. The "premium" head unit only has a pre amp. So 4 channels of signal to to the under (drivers) seat amp and it has 7 channel outputs. There is vbat and key on to both with a turn on signal to the amp. I plan to run rca to the amp in case I upgrade anything later. The tweeters are passive crossover on the base stereo so you'll need to split off wiring there. Let me know if this sounds like too much work or not, I will start Shari g my progress
CNG turbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in