Your R18, how many miles do you have? - Page 5 - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Model Specific Civic Information > Civic Coupe And Sedan

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2018, 01:58 AM   #81 (permalink)

FlowMix has their car in neutral right now
Well let's see.

Year: 2008
Model: LX Sedan (KK spec not KA (US) spec if anyone is interested in that)
Miles (as of 09/03/2018): 43,240 miles
typical MPG: Honestly don't know, don't even know how to check this
Oil: Unknown, Oil has been recently changed by my Honda dealer
filters: OEM only
Issues:
- Few rust spots
- All weather-strips sticky
- Couple parts are rusted
- Wheels out of alignment
- Wheels out of balance
- Tires need changing
- Center console armrest broken
- Headliner drooping
- Couple lightbulb sockets broken (but somehow still work)
- Slight oil leak (if what i saw last time I was under the car was an oil leak)
- Handbrake does not lockup the wheels when pulled, only slowly slows down the car
- Very small power steering leak
- Weird noise at start up which lasts a few seconds while the engine is starting that happens once and a while which is really annoying
- That's about it for issues

Issues that have been resolved:
- I bought this car June 2017 from the original owner. Come late January my engine block cracked. Turns out my civic came with a faulty block from the factory as did many 06 - 09 civics and all civics of these years were given a 10 year warranty from purchase date specifically for the engine block in the event that it prematurely cracked (like mine did). I didn't find out about the warranty until late February and get this, my warranty on the engine block was expiring the next month because the original owner purchased this civic off the lot March 2008. I managed to get my civic to the dealer February 20th and they had my car until May 7th (I know, that's CRAZY). But they ended up changing the block with a new one that was sent out from Honda in the US and also fixed the oil leak that was a result of the engine block cracking.
- Brake pads were really close to their end so I replaced em
- The belt was getting old so I replaced it
- A/C condenser fan motor went bad which caused my compressor to click on and off every once and a while while the A/C was on (which I'm assuming it did that in order to try and get the fan motor spinning) which in return caused my RPM's to jitter every time the compressor clicked on and off. So I bought a new fan motor, replaced it and poof. My A/C condenser fan now works, my compressor doesn't click on and off anymore, and my RPM's are more or less always stable now and don't jitter.
- Garbage truck rear ended me. Hit the right corner of the vehicle and did substantial damage. The garbage truck company fixed the damage themselves and replaced the tail light though. Repairs were not professional by any means. For what it's worth though unless you closely inspect all the bodywork that was done you wouldn't mind the way it looks. Looks close enough to how it was before. I do plan on getting all of that redone by a professional though because I'm not happy with the bodywork they did.
- And that about sum's up all the issues I've had and currently have.

Okay so, a little about myself and my civic. I live in The Bahamas, and from the looks of it our dealer got a mix and match of KK spec and KA (US) spec 8th gen civics. And we have an ABUNDANCE of RHD FD civics on the island imported from Japan. My civic happens to be KK spec and isn't that different from US spec ones both exterior and interior wise. The exterior is exactly the same actually in terms of looks, interior is more or less the same (my civic is also LHD) but there are a few differences which I'll list below:

KK spec civic differences:
- Red hazard switch with white printed icon compared to dash colored hazard switch with red printed icon
- Blank rectangle indentation above hazard switch where passenger airbag indicator usually sits for US models
- Proper cigarette lighter socket with illuminated ring that comes with snap in lighter compared to accessory power outlet with AUX input beneath it
- A 2TR0 radio face compared to a 2AJ0 radio face
- An LX Badge on the trunk (All KK spec 8th gen civics came with trim badges on the trunk. And no, they weren't sourced from older model civics. The emblems were specifically made for 8th gen kk spec civics.)
- Didn't come with cruise controls so more than likely KK spec civics didn't come with cruise control. Haven't confirmed this with the dealer yet though. Maybe the feature is there but I just need to install the actual controls on the steering wheel. I definitely plan on digging into this in the future.
- Car doesn't beep when I press the lock button twice. Only the lights flash. So more than likely KK spec civics didn't come programmed to beep after clicking the lock button twice. Haven't confirmed this with the dealer yet either. I plan on digging into this in the future as well.
- And from what I can tell those are the only differences.

My country is kinda funny, we drive on the left, and RHD cars are better to use here because of this reason. But all dealerships on the Island sell LHD vehicles. The only reason we have so many RHD vehicles in the country is because locals are importing them from Japan. And we don't have any restrictions on vehicles. Once it runs, drives and passes inspection for licensing (which is extremely simple) it can be licensed in our country. The only restriction on vehicles we have is you can't bring in a car older than 10 years. That's it. So yeah. But that's it for my civic.

Last edited by FlowMix; 09-04-2018 at 02:17 AM.
FlowMix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2018, 02:15 AM   #82 (permalink)

FlowMix has their car in neutral right now
Quote:
Originally Posted by oClucker View Post
Year: 2006
Model: EX
Miles 170430
typical MPG: 33-34 MPG
Oil: Mobile1 Full Synthetic 5W-20
filters: OEM
Issues:

OEM Radio has developed a mind of its own. Switches between FM/AM/AUX on it own, then will just stop working all together often. Believe its due to the common "overheating" issue I've heard these radios have. Ready for a double din system.

Light metal rattle noise coming from underneath the car when moving from a stop often, and between 4K-5K RPM. Really sounded like the brake dust shield rubbing on the rotor, but after inspecting I don't believe that is the case. Probably a heat shield? Need to get under the car and start whacking stuff with a mallet.

One more small thing. The top cell on the fuel gauge will never light up after filling the tank, but I know is still functional as it lights up with the dash warning light check upon start up. Anyone else got this?
I've noticed when the gas pump automatically stops after filling up the tank that cell never lights up. But when you manually "top off" your tank the last cell lights up. It's not good to top off though. Our gas stations where I live have attendants, so everyone just let's them do it since it's their job. Problem with this though is these attendants top off your tank to round the price to the nearest dollar. I stop them from doing this when I can.

FlowMix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2018, 04:29 PM   #83 (permalink)

Starts with U ends with A
Vroom just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Bone28 View Post
75k miles? The car hasn't even been broken in yet lol. Maybe belt or brakes causing the noise
Haha yup it was the brakes
Vroom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2018, 11:07 PM   #84 (permalink)
Wtw

Wtw has their car in neutral right now
06 ex 80000 . wheel bearings rear. Besides the regular stuff. Brakes oil fluids filters all done by dealer. New tires at 78000. Inherited car from very old aunt . 101 when she passes drove till she was 98 . good grief.
Wtw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2019, 12:50 PM   #85 (permalink)

girbob75 has their car in neutral right now
2007 Ex 290,000 miles

Just hit 290,000 miles on my 2007 ex sedan single owner car. original motor and auto trans, no cracked block.
This is what I have done so far.
Recently replaced springs, sway bars, end links with new Si ones.
Replaced shocks with Koni oranges. Loving the ride so far.
Ball joints.
Replaced o2 sensors, injectors, plugs, and motor mounts.
Water pump, ac clutch and coil, hydraulic idler assembly, and belt.
Rotors and pads.
recently adjusted the valves and cleaned the throttle body.

This car feels like it has under 100k now. Hoping the new suspension will be better on my tires.
girbob75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2019, 05:17 PM   #86 (permalink)

09civicLXS just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Recently clicked this over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
09civicLXS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2019, 08:59 AM   #87 (permalink)

Shazb0t has their car in neutral right now
I bought a used 2010 EX from a local Subaru dealer a couple weeks ago. I just hit 110,500 miles yesterday! Hoping this car can get into the 200's without any major issues.
Shazb0t is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2019, 02:31 PM   #88 (permalink)

FijiFa1 has their car in neutral right now
Fiji Blue
Year: 2006
Model: LX
Miles Got it 177,117 now with 188,XXX kms
MPG: Summer: 27-30 Winter: 26-28. 60% City 40% Highway
Oil: Oil changes done @4-5k intervals; Tried Motul Eco-lite 0w20 (Can't afford it lol) Mobile1: 0W-20 AFE (Current, have 3 Jugs), thinking of trying Toyota 0W20 soon (don't ask me why)
Filters: Honda AO2s :/, Mobil EP
Issues: Hmm Bad clear coat (May wrap roof gloss blk), Cracked engine block (Replaced), Warped FR rotor (Machined?) FR wheel bearing (Replaced), FL strut clunking (Will get Coils this summer), Brakes are kinda drummy (Will service them this summer), RR control arm has excessive camber (Can't afford to get adjustable ones), ATF+Coolant (Drained and filled), Spark plugs (Replaced), Power Steering (To do soon), Wiper inserts a bit chattery (New inserts in hand), Starter might be on it's way..sometimes takes 2 cracks once in a blue moon tho :/ , Belt (Replaced) Tensioner (Will be replaced when weather gets warmer)

I want to drive this till 300k just to give me some time to save. Next cars I want: Honda Civic Hatchback (10 Gen), Mazda 3 Sedan (3rd Gen)

Dream Cars: Nissan GTR R35, Honda S2K AP2, Civic Type R (10 Gen), Mercedes Benz A Class Hatchback (a45AMG?)
FijiFa1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2019, 10:39 PM   #89 (permalink)

meathead42 just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdNaviEx View Post
On my way to work and this happened:

Do you still own this car and no cracked block?
meathead42 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2019, 12:44 AM   #90 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Ed
EdNaviEx just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Quote:
Originally Posted by meathead42 View Post
Do you still own this car and no cracked block?
Yup, she is still mine (will always be). No cracked block. This was taken about a month ago.

EdNaviEx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2019, 10:43 PM   #91 (permalink)

Luan R18 Crew Member #1218
VMrBN just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Year: 06 EX Couple Manual
Mileage: bought it at 50k in 2011, 105k now
Oil: 5W-20
MPG: I don't even know but it's pretty good lol
Issues: none so far
I have changed out the plugs, brake pads and rotors. That's it
Plan is to drive it until the clutch goes out.

Future purchase: Cement Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad 4x4 DCSB
VMrBN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in