Official "What did you do to the R18 today" thread - Page 209 - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Model Specific Civic Information > Civic Coupe And Sedan

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2018, 10:08 AM   #4161 (permalink)

Mike
hfp sohc just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Garage
hmmmm that ass.........
i dont miss my 8th gen...sorry guys...i had too much....i had 3x R18...lol

Attached Thumbnails
Official "What did you do to the R18 today" thread-f3.jpeg  
hfp sohc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2018, 11:03 AM   #4162 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Ed
EdNaviEx just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfp sohc View Post
hmmmm that ass.........
i dont miss my 8th gen...sorry guys...i had too much....i had 3x R18...lol
Awesome angle! Beautiful car man.

EdNaviEx is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2018, 01:57 PM   #4163 (permalink)
Wtw

Wtw has their car in neutral right now
Inherited 06 ex coupe 80,000 went over it and all records. Called Honda and had them look up all recall and campaign notifications. One in particular was 09-007 belt and bolt campaign. Since I didn't see any notification and my aunt was extremely good at that sort of thing . I was told there wasn't one for this vin . because of where and when it was built Aug of 05 . the number falls in the tsb warning. So I'm confused. The only info I could get was that they built the early cars with parts from all over the world . much as they do today for built in america products. Nice car . very fast . tires last a long time . the block is a bummer. Can't sell it without that caveat attached . and how much of a markdown . dealers sell them like they have no clue of course .
Wtw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2018, 10:59 AM   #4164 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Ed
The belt and bolt issue, I believe and if memory serves, was to quiet the belt. Whatever it was, it wasn't a huge deal. As far as the block, if your block is fine, then I wouldn't worry about it. I have 07 with 260K miles on it and no issue. The block doesn't appear on ALL Civics. (symptoms)

Belt and Bolt:
Product Update/ TSB 09-007: Drive Belt Auto-Tensioner Pivot Bolt Replacement
Product Update: Drive Belt Auto-Tensioner Pivot Bolt Replacement

BACKGROUND

The current routing of the engine drive belt creates extra force on the drive belt auto-tensioner. In rare cases, this extra force could break the auto-tensioner pivot bolt, causing an engine noise or a loss of power steering.

VEHICLES AFFECTED
2006 Civic 2-Door:
From VIN 2HGFG1...6H500089 thru 2HGFG1...6H546702

2006 Civic 4-Door:
From VIN 1HGFA1...6L000001 thru 1HGFA1...6L082601
From VIN 2HGFA1...6H500011 thru 2HGFA1...6H517147
From VIN JHMFA1...6S000039 thru JHMFA1...6S014045

2006 Civic GX:
From VIN 1HGFA4...6L000001 thru 1HGFA4...6L000026

CORRECTIVE ACTION
Replace the auto-tensioner pivot bolt, and reroute the drive belt. On vehicles with A/C, install a new drive belt.

block:
AFFECTED VEHICLES

Year Model Trim VIN Range
2006–08 Civic ALL ALL VINs beginning with 1HG or 2HG – Check eligibility with a iN VIN status inquiry.

2009 Civic ALL ALL VINs beginning with 1HG, 19X, and 2HG – Check eligibility with a iN VIN status inquiry.
Old 10-23-2018, 12:43 AM   #4165 (permalink)
Wtw

Wtw has their car in neutral right now
I called north american Honda and the rep looked the vin up in their secret database and said the vin was not part of the belt bold campaign . although it falls in the series range. The only explanation was that some cars were built in different places within the same plant designation. I ask about the engine cracking and he said the database showed no failures within that range . very weird .
Wtw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2018, 11:18 AM   #4166 (permalink)

FuntanaS just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wtw View Post
I called north american Honda and the rep looked the vin up in their secret database and said the vin was not part of the belt bold campaign . although it falls in the series range. The only explanation was that some cars were built in different places within the same plant designation. I ask about the engine cracking and he said the database showed no failures within that range . very weird .
He's full of it.
FuntanaS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2018, 12:13 PM   #4167 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Ed
Agree with FuntanaS, he is totally full of it.

Get the said bolt and belt and head to an indy shop (or have indy shop use OEM parts). Shouldn't be expensive to do. I had mine checked out at Honda long ago and while I was there, they rerouted the belt. I just paid for the belt (I remember them waiving the belt labor as I was there for something else).
Old 10-23-2018, 04:28 PM   #4168 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Ed
Started taking out the old rear camera hardware (I'm pretty sure I shorted the last one) and found the leather overlay for the parking brake (in it's original shipping bag from China in my trunk, LOL). I found this on aliexpress. Anyway, completely befuddled on how to install it, I just fitted it onto the lever with some force and viola! Feels very nice.

I like how it looks and feels. Hopefully it will last. If not, who cares, it was cheap.

Old 10-24-2018, 04:10 PM   #4169 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Ed
Had another couple of hours free today, so decided replace the camera. Yesterday when I installed (took 2 minutes) leather of the lever, I started to take some of the driver's side interior bits out (to take the zipped tied wires out). Today, with everything out of the way, I quickly lay the new cable and zip tied everything. I had some time to spare so I decided to finish the job. This camera is a XuJi camera.

Took the old camera out and chucked it. This camera was 6v (found out AFTER I did the connections......... this is why it is important to double check everything before ordering/installation) but it was wired to a 12v, so I unknowingly fried it.

Zip tied everything.

Lots of crap here. The blue lines are the rear view mirror's and I know that can't be turned off. Also the "check surroundings" text are of the mirrors as well. The red STOP is off the camera as well as the multi colored lines. To be honest, I like the multi colored lines of the camera lots better than the mirrors. I'll figure out (which wire to cut) how to disable this.

BUT, I finally got it done. Urghh.
Old 10-24-2018, 07:15 PM   #4170 (permalink)

dannawel just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdNaviEx View Post
Extra ACC panel arrived the other day. Temp knob is scuffed, but that's ok. I had no idea I would get additional 3D printed recirc arms! BlurpleFG1: if you need one (another one), let me know!

EdNaviEx , I'm a follower of yours , You have excellent mods ,,, brother A question about ( Humidity/ Interior Temperature Sensor)
P/N: 80590-SNC-A02 ..... You can tell me where the yellow and black wire goes thanks you!! Dannawel from Allentown PA

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
dannawel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2018, 07:01 AM   #4171 (permalink)

Zimmer
BlurpleFG1 will be known by all on 8thcivic soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannawel View Post
Quote:
Extra ACC panel arrived the other day. Temp knob is scuffed, but that's ok. I had no idea I would get additional 3D printed recirc arms! BlurpleFG1: if you need one (another one), let me know!

EdNaviEx , I'm a follower of yours , You have excellent mods ,,, brother A question about ( Humidity/ Interior Temperature Sensor)
P/N: 80590-SNC-A02 ..... You can tell me where the yellow and black wire goes thanks you!! Dannawel from Allentown PA

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

I know you didn't ask me but...

You'll only use the light blue (pin 1) and red (pin 2) from the humidity/interior temp sensor.

Cut the ends of the black and yellow wires so they are clean - no frayed pieces of wire hanging out and tape them to the other wires to keep them out of the way.

Pin 1 of the sensor goes to pin 26 of the ACC connector.

Pin 2 of the sensor goes to pin 19 of the ACC connector. There's 4 sensors and 3 control motors that get tied into each other and end up at pin 19 of the ACC connector.
BlurpleFG1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2018, 09:34 AM   #4172 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlurpleFG1 View Post
I know you didn't ask me but...

You'll only use the light blue (pin 1) and red (pin 2) from the humidity/interior temp sensor.

Cut the ends of the black and yellow wires so they are clean - no frayed pieces of wire hanging out and tape them to the other wires to keep them out of the way.

Pin 1 of the sensor goes to pin 26 of the ACC connector.

Pin 2 of the sensor goes to pin 19 of the ACC connector. There's 4 sensors and 3 control motors that get tied into each other and end up at pin 19 of the ACC connector.

Thank you for the information, BlurpeFG1 !!
I'm getting ready for this modification.
You and EdNaviEx are the best making mods
Thank you again!!

Allentown PA
Old 10-25-2018, 09:45 AM   #4173 (permalink)

Garage
My Acura CSX module will arrive on November 1st

I know what I have to do. Step by step
Guys, any information will be appreciated.

Allentown PA
Old 10-25-2018, 09:35 PM   #4174 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Ed
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannawel View Post
Thank you for the information, BlurpeFG1 !!
I'm getting ready for this modification.
You and EdNaviEx are the best making mods
Thank you again!!

Allentown PA
Thanks! But, BlurpleFG1 hands down kills (destroys) me when it comes to mods. The man is light years ahead of me.

I was supposed to start installing the CSX HVAC controls in the summer, but my A/C compressor died on me. This summer/spring I have: 1) replaced the A/C compressor, 2) replaced the rear shocks, 3) replaced front calipers/pads/rotors. Tires are a concern now that the snowy season is upon us, so that is next on the agenda. BUT................ the 2010 front bumper mod and the CSX HVAC mod are due next (I keep saying/planning that year after year....urghh).

Allentown? Wow, I work there.
Old 10-25-2018, 11:35 PM   #4175 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Thanks! But, BlurpleFG1 hands down kills (destroys) me when it comes to mods. The man is light years ahead of me.

I was supposed to start installing the CSX HVAC controls in the summer, but my A/C compressor died on me. This summer/spring I have: 1) replaced the A/C compressor, 2) replaced the rear shocks, 3) replaced front calipers/pads/rotors. Tires are a concern now that the snowy season is upon us, so that is next on the agenda. BUT................ the 2010 front bumper mod and the CSX HVAC mod are due next (I keep saying/planning that year after year....urghh).

Allentown? Wow, I work there.

Jajaj nice !! Thank you... the 2010 front bumper mod is very good idea, Your car will look more aggressive , I know it from my own experience , my car is a 2011 ex . And I keep planning too !!!!

Allentown PA
Old 11-02-2018, 03:17 AM   #4176 (permalink)

Garage
I’m ready for tomorrow 11/3/18 .
I accept tip!!! Wish me luck guys..

Allentown PA
Old 11-02-2018, 10:33 AM   #4177 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Ed
WHOA! You are going to change the button faceplate too? (from grey to black), nice!

You got your pigtails all nice and organized, very nice, my respects. DAMNIT, you just may motivate me to move my ass on this.

Breather tube things (humidity sensor I think), let me know how the heck you mount this, also there is some tube that you have to drill into the recirc box. I have no clue how to do it, then again, it's been a while since I dove into the information on how to install this setup.

Let us know how it goes! Good luck!
Old 11-03-2018, 10:01 PM   #4178 (permalink)

Garage
Ed ,,, I was at junker Harry’s U-Pull It , and I confirmed it . The Honda Civic Hybrid and the Odyssey have a hole in the recirc box, for the tube ( humidity sensor ) ....

My car Civic ex 2011

Odyssey or Hybrid

I could make it work, but I have problems with the recirculating motor , my motor harness have 3 wires(orange,red,purple)

The Hybrid motor recirculating harness have 5 wires (red,black,yellow,red,orange)

Both are different seem to be invested

EdNaviEx and BlurpleFG1 , I need you guys!! , Someone knows the color code?
To (red,black,yellow,orange).

This mod takes time, I'm tired
I'll continue working tomorrow.

Allentown PA
Old 11-03-2018, 10:14 PM   #4179 (permalink)

Garage
I loved watching it work

I made a secure connection, and I didn't remove the old connector, in case I need one day. ... put and play

Allentown PA
Old 11-03-2018, 10:51 PM   #4180 (permalink)

Garage
Plug and Play**

Allentown PA

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in