My 07 Rallye Red SI Sedan - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Welcome > Introduction & Pictures > Car Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2019, 11:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

fogls has their car in neutral right now
My 07 Rallye Red SI Sedan

This is the beginning of the build for my 07 SI sedan. I don't know how far I go with it. It will probably progress pretty slow as I get all the basics caught up on it. After that we will see where the journey takes me.

I picked this car up shortly after the motor in my E46 BMW went out. I needed a new daily seems how I drive 100 miles a day for work. I had been thinking about going back to Honda for the reliability and mpg's for a while. Guess it was time.

Car is a bone stock 07 SI that someone put the 09 front on after a previous accident. On to the pics.

Last edited by fogls; 04-05-2019 at 11:47 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2019, 11:50 PM   #2 (permalink)

First thing I did to the car was give the engine compartment a power washing. It was absolutely filthy. I wanted to see what it looked like with a quick spray. Better for sure but still needs a lot more work. Now that the weather is breaking here in Michigan I'll be able to actually put some work in to it.

fogls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2019, 11:54 PM   #3 (permalink)

Here is the first "mod" I picked up for it. My shift boot was trashed so I ordered up a new oem Type R boot and installed it. I also installed led bulbs in the interior, an e brake handle rebuild kit, and replaced the tensioner, idler pulled, and belt. I didn't get any pics of them though.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2019, 08:20 AM   #4 (permalink)

cyrus_gremlins just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Welcome to 8thcivic. I look forward to following this build.
cyrus_gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2019, 05:23 PM   #5 (permalink)

ScottyB has their car in neutral right now
that should make a super fun commuter.

give some Chemical Guys All Clean+ a try for the engine bay. full strength (watch your paint or it'll strip the wax) and then brush it hard after it dwells a bit. cover your MAF and as much of your alternator as you can with foil so you don't soak them. then rinse, dry, and finish off with some kind of rubber/vinyl coating like Meguiars Natural Shine. she'll look awesome for months. that's what i use:

Last edited by ScottyB; 04-06-2019 at 05:26 PM.
ScottyB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2019, 05:31 PM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks for the tip. I went back later with some Purple Power and hit it again. Looked even better afterward. The plan is to take it for a full detail soon. Just waiting for some of my left over BMW parts to sell.
Old 04-14-2019, 10:43 PM   #7 (permalink)

HXMan just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Do you have a part number on the Type R shift boot? Can it be ordered from any Honda dealer?
HXMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2019, 05:05 PM   #8 (permalink)

Dan
Red SI Guy just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Garage
That is a nice pick up! Front end looks goodHMU if ur looking for any parts, stock or aftermarket. I have gone through about 5 different setups on my car so I have a shed stacked with parts. The old lady is not a fan of it so I’m trying to unload some stuff.
Red SI Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2019, 06:45 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HXMan View Post
Do you have a part number on the Type R shift boot? Can it be ordered from any Honda dealer?

I bought mine off of ebay. I don't see why a dealer wouldn't be able to order it. The part number is 77298-SNX-A01ZB.
Old 04-16-2019, 06:46 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red SI Guy View Post
That is a nice pick up! Front end looks goodHMU if ur looking for any parts, stock or aftermarket. I have gone through about 5 different setups on my car so I have a shed stacked with parts. The old lady is not a fan of it so Iím trying to unload some stuff.

I'll keep that in mind. Thanks.
Old 04-19-2019, 11:49 PM   #11 (permalink)

Little bit of an update. I picked up a grille emblem seems how my car was missing it.

my drivers side door speaker blew so I set out in a local junkyard to find a replacement. While searching through the civics they had I came across a set of JL Audio TR650-CXi coaxials with the mount and harness for my car. Scooped them up and took them home and installed them. Very nice addition to the factory sounds system. I also found out that my passenger side front door has been replaced and when they did they left the base model speaker in instead of swapping over the Premium speaker from the original door.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in