WHP from Full Bolt Ons + Custom Tune - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > Bolt-Ons And All-Motor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2017, 06:26 PM   #1 (permalink)

Another_Si_Guy just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Garage
WHP from Full Bolt Ons + Custom Tune

I'm curious as to what power you guys are making with full bolt ons? My plan soon here is 3.5 inch cold air intake, Skunk2 Alpha header, and 3 inch exhaust. Obviously with Flashpro and a Vit tune. People with similar setups; what horsepower do you make?

I've seen most people put down 210+ whp, but my ultimate goal is to break into the 220's with fbo. I'm curious as to what some of you guys are putting down. If you've got dyno sheets, post em up. If not, I'd love to hear about your build.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2017, 09:35 PM   #2 (permalink)

Overdosedvtec sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicOverdosedvtec sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicOverdosedvtec sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicOverdosedvtec sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicOverdosedvtec sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicOverdosedvtec sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicOverdosedvtec sometimes day dreams about 8thcivic
Send a message via AIM to Overdosedvtec
I personally put down like 220-223whp with full bolt ons. Running 93 octane up in ny with my personal tuner chameleontuning guy is the best in the business as far as I'm concerned. Not sure what email tunes will net but nothing like actually putting the car on a dynojet and finding out what the car has in it. Fuel and air temperature will come into play

Overdosedvtec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2017, 01:10 PM   #3 (permalink)

Garage
Absolutely, thanks for the input. I'm in PA and the premium here is also 93 octane. A lot of guys who put down between 210-220 are getting tuned on 91. Hopefully the higher octane rating in my area will get me to where I wanna be as far as bolt ons are concerned. What was your setup? I'm guessing 3.5 inch intake, 3 inch full exhaust, and some sort of catless race header?

Last edited by Another_Si_Guy; 02-15-2017 at 01:25 PM.
Another_Si_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2017, 02:43 PM   #4 (permalink)

UltraBlue just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
First post! (Bought my 8th last year but finally time to play with it),

Finished my Bolt Ons on my Si, haven't gotten it tuned yet other than me tuning the AFR for WOT. I know Virtual Dyno is probably inaccurate but I'm screwing around with it until a local shop here has their Dyno Day in March. Virtual Dyno has me at 218HP. I'm on 93 as well (From Maryland). (Using the Skunk2 Header/Exhaust/CAI MAP tune in FP, did some 3rd pulls and tuned it for 12.8-13.1 AFR)

Still debating on who to go to for E-tunes and eventually later this year or next year Supercharge.

That all being said, I'm on PLM Header (No Leaks, zero welding, surprisingly), Go Power 3" Exhaust (Bought it used for 80$ works great!), and a DC Sports SRI (Looking to go HR 3.5" CAI, afraid of hydro lock tho, Maryland weather is PMS). And a P2R Spacer + 2 gaskets.

Last edited by UltraBlue; 02-15-2017 at 02:45 PM.
UltraBlue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2017, 09:25 PM   #5 (permalink)

Overdosedvtec sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicOverdosedvtec sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicOverdosedvtec sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicOverdosedvtec sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicOverdosedvtec sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicOverdosedvtec sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicOverdosedvtec sometimes day dreams about 8thcivic
Send a message via AIM to Overdosedvtec
Quote:
Originally Posted by Another_Si_Guy View Post
Absolutely, thanks for the input. I'm in PA and the premium here is also 93 octane. A lot of guys who put down between 210-220 are getting tuned on 91. Hopefully the higher octane rating in my area will get me to where I wanna be as far as bolt ons are concerned. What was your setup? I'm guessing 3.5 inch intake, 3 inch full exhaust, and some sort of catless race header?
I had AEM CAI,buddy club race header and skunk 70mm,p2r tb spacer and that's it. Didn't go full 3"exhaust until the car went turbo and put down
<those number in the avatar
Overdosedvtec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2017, 10:21 PM   #6 (permalink)

Garage
Hmm. Sounds like good numbers for that. I'm excited to go FBO soon here with my tax money, lol.

Ultra Blue, you probably aren't at 218 whp running only a FP basemap. I would say closer to 200. Definitely get yourself a custom tune. Worth it in every aspect.
Old 02-28-2017, 10:50 PM   #7 (permalink)

k20speedstar just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
I was wondering I got my headgasket re-done and it runs a lil bad at idle. Before it runs strong and still does but I think it was not put back together properly
k20speedstar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2017, 01:56 PM   #8 (permalink)

Garage
That's possible. I would suggest you contact the person who tunes your car, and send him some datalogs. Perhaps he could figure it out.
Old 03-24-2017, 12:47 PM   #9 (permalink)

primetime_si just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Another_Si_Guy View Post
I'm curious as to what power you guys are making with full bolt ons? My plan soon here is 3.5 inch cold air intake, Skunk2 Alpha header, and 3 inch exhaust. Obviously with Flashpro and a Vit tune. People with similar setups; what horsepower do you make?

I've seen most people put down 210+ whp, but my ultimate goal is to break into the 220's with fbo. I'm curious as to what some of you guys are putting down. If you've got dyno sheets, post em up. If not, I'd love to hear about your build.
Sounds good to me although I'm not too sure about about a 3" exhaust considering you aren't boosted.. With bolt ons and a tune, if I were you I wouldn't go over 2.5 on the inlet exhaust piping. Trust. You want a wider pipe, but only to a certain extent, if it's too wide you will not account for exhaust velocities at low rpms (1500-5000) and you may end up losing some tq. At the high rpms, you may notice a jump but the si already has that. Skunk2 makes good products but I know magnaflow makes a 2.5 inch catback.
primetime_si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in