Pulled over: First time (speeding ticket) - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Regional Honda Civic Owners - Canada > BC, Yukon, & NWT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2011, 03:35 AM   #1 (permalink)

CashMoney just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Pulled over: First time (speeding ticket)

Sooooo aaarrrggghhhhhh guess it was bound to happen got pulled over for the first time tonight like 2 mins away from being home. Anways got a speeding ticket and wondering how the hell this guy was able to come up with some random number that wasn't near what my dash showed. Got a ticket for speeding going 90 in a 70 zone along this straight away in cloverdale on 64th passed 152.

But yea anyways was coming up the hill and saw a car cruising the opposite direction once I got pretty much right beside his car he turned his lights on at that point It was to late to slow down couldn't really tell what car it was because his front lights where off. I'm probably going to dispute it but was curious what your thoughts where about how he was able to know or predict how fast I was going when we where both driving towards each other? I thought maybe he clocked me on his gun but he was driving too unless there able to do both then I got no idea kinda pissed about it but not that mad cuz I'm going to fight it either way.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2011, 03:41 AM   #2 (permalink)

Khanh
Truo621 just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
There are moving radars inside police cars, which can clock you while they are driving or stopped. This is coming from a soon-to-be cop :P
You should fight it, its your right as citizen. Just don't be disappointed when you still have to pay a fine or take DD. Keep us updated.

Last edited by Truo621; 05-02-2011 at 03:43 AM.
Truo621 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2011, 03:50 AM   #3 (permalink)

Take DD?
CashMoney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2011, 03:51 AM   #4 (permalink)

Khanh
Quote:
Originally Posted by CashMoney View Post
Take DD?
Defensive Driving, may be called something different where you live.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:58 AM   #5 (permalink)

I'd have to take that for my first offense ever? Really???
Old 05-02-2011, 04:00 AM   #6 (permalink)

shawnono is the 8thcivic ninja warriorshawnono is the 8thcivic ninja warriorshawnono is the 8thcivic ninja warriorshawnono is the 8thcivic ninja warriorshawnono is the 8thcivic ninja warriorshawnono is the 8thcivic ninja warriorshawnono is the 8thcivic ninja warriorshawnono is the 8thcivic ninja warriorshawnono is the 8thcivic ninja warriorshawnono is the 8thcivic ninja warriorshawnono is the 8thcivic ninja warrior
pweddd. jk that sucks man D:
shawnono is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2011, 04:31 AM   #7 (permalink)

exhil_ just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
just dispute.
50/50 they wont show up and you win.
i have so many tickets that i have to attend.
so far 3 court dates went by, cops didnt show up.
exhil_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2011, 05:28 AM   #8 (permalink)

Ping
P1ng is the 8thcivic ninja warriorP1ng is the 8thcivic ninja warriorP1ng is the 8thcivic ninja warriorP1ng is the 8thcivic ninja warriorP1ng is the 8thcivic ninja warriorP1ng is the 8thcivic ninja warriorP1ng is the 8thcivic ninja warriorP1ng is the 8thcivic ninja warriorP1ng is the 8thcivic ninja warriorP1ng is the 8thcivic ninja warriorP1ng is the 8thcivic ninja warrior
wait.. the cop was driving without his head lights on?
P1ng is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2011, 09:55 AM   #9 (permalink)

Maurice
mauricetan just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Send a message via MSN to mauricetan Send a message via Yahoo to mauricetan
Quote:
Sooooo aaarrrggghhhhhh guess it was bound to happen got pulled over for the first time tonight like 2 mins away from being home. Anways got a speeding ticket and wondering how the hell this guy was able to come up with some random number that wasn't near what my dash showed. Got a ticket for speeding going 90 in a 70 zone along this straight away in cloverdale on 64th passed 152.

But yea anyways was coming up the hill and saw a car cruising the opposite direction once I got pretty much right beside his car he turned his lights on at that point It was to late to slow down couldn't really tell what car it was because his front lights where off. I'm probably going to dispute it but was curious what your thoughts where about how he was able to know or predict how fast I was going when we where both driving towards each other? I thought maybe he clocked me on his gun but he was driving too unless there able to do both then I got no idea kinda pissed about it but not that mad cuz I'm going to fight it either way.
I believe you have 30 days to dispute the ticket.. so what you should do is to dispute the ticket at around 3-5 days before the 30th day... that way it will take longer for them to process the ticket and your court date would be in 1year+? Also, theres 2 kinds of dispute for the ticket.. 1st is dispute the whole ticket including the fine and the other one is dispute the fine and plead guilty to the offense..

When i got my first speeding ticket last year.. thats what i did.. disputed the ticket through icbc office like couple days before the 30th day and i got the 2nd option because i know i was really speeding since i was doing 130km/h on hwy 91 which is a 90 km zone...but i should have just chosen the option 1 like porson said.. if the cops don't show up then my your record is still clean and you dont pay anything...the option 2 i believe would have my offense recorded on my driver's abstract since i only want to dispute the fine...

So try to dispute it and go with option 1 and hopefully after 9-12 months when you have your court date , the office won't show up and your record will be clean and you won't have to pay anything...

How much was the fine ? Goodluck!
mauricetan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2011, 10:48 AM   #10 (permalink)

Andrew
kb2wji just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Garage
Quote:
Take DD?
Yes. Dunkin Donuts. It may help if you bring a dozen to court. In all seriousness, lots of patrol cars have front / rear moving radar. We can see how fast you are going when we are stopped, coming towards you, coming up behind you, you coming up behind us etc... Yes, I'm a LEO. Yes, I like donuts. I dont try to hide it, although i'll never eat a donut on duty. White donut powder on a uniform is just asking for trouble
kb2wji is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2011, 12:45 PM   #11 (permalink)

Khanh
Quote:
I'd have to take that for my first offense ever? Really???
They may give you a break since its your first offense. But 90 in a 70 could be considered felony speeding. Here in Texas, speeding tickets are no joke. Here, going 75 in a 70 is around a $150 ticket

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb2wji View Post
Yes. Dunkin Donuts. It may help if you bring a dozen to court. In all seriousness, lots of patrol cars have front / rear moving radar. We can see how fast you are going when we are stopped, coming towards you, coming up behind you, you coming up behind us etc... Yes, I'm a LEO. Yes, I like donuts. I dont try to hide it, although i'll never eat a donut on duty. White donut powder on a uniform is just asking for trouble
lol glad I don't even like donuts
Old 05-02-2011, 12:50 PM   #12 (permalink)

Josh
JDMcbpfa_562 just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
sucks bro fight that ****, chances are the cop wont even show up and your scott free with no fine and a clean record! =]
JDMcbpfa_562 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2011, 01:02 PM   #13 (permalink)

Karissa
k06civicEX just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
My brother is a cop, he catches people all the time on the otherside of the road, his favourite actually doing the 'dukes of hazard' across the freeway grass median and catching the bugger.

But besides that, if they are driving with their radar on the can catch people opposed to them. I know the stretch of road you were driving on & it's famous for people speeding thru the flats there, I'm guilty of it.

Your best bet is to dispute it in court like the rest have been saying. If the cop really thinks you deserve it they will show, otherwise they wont. My brother uses his judgement, if its his day off and its something stupid he won't show, if its something major he will, or if he's bored & wants out of the office.
k06civicEX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2011, 01:28 PM   #14 (permalink)

Susan
Sleepy just installed chrome spinner hubcapsSleepy just installed chrome spinner hubcapsSleepy just installed chrome spinner hubcapsSleepy just installed chrome spinner hubcapsSleepy just installed chrome spinner hubcapsSleepy just installed chrome spinner hubcapsSleepy just installed chrome spinner hubcapsSleepy just installed chrome spinner hubcapsSleepy just installed chrome spinner hubcapsSleepy just installed chrome spinner hubcapsSleepy just installed chrome spinner hubcaps
Send a message via ICQ to Sleepy Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy
We do not have DD here Jerome so don't worry about that, if u are taking this to court ask them when there radar was last calibrated. Good luck and stop speeding or get a radar detector.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2011, 03:47 PM   #15 (permalink)

Lane
Lanesky_Si just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Send a message via MSN to Lanesky_Si
Quote:
Originally Posted by exhil_ View Post
just dispute.
50/50 they wont show up and you win.
i have so many tickets that i have to attend.
so far 3 court dates went by, cops didnt show up.
RCMP get time off now to attend court dates.
Lanesky_Si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2011, 11:33 PM   #16 (permalink)

RipperUpper just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
yeah jerome! NO SPEEDING DOWN THE HIGHWAY! LOL! :P
RipperUpper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2011, 05:23 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1ng View Post
wait.. the cop was driving without his head lights on?
Yea went from no lights to everything.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by k06civicEX View Post
My brother is a cop, he catches people all the time on the otherside of the road, his favourite actually doing the 'dukes of hazard' across the freeway grass median and catching the bugger.

But besides that, if they are driving with their radar on the can catch people opposed to them. I know the stretch of road you were driving on & it's famous for people speeding thru the flats there, I'm guilty of it.

Your best bet is to dispute it in court like the rest have been saying. If the cop really thinks you deserve it they will show, otherwise they wont. My brother uses his judgement, if its his day off and its something stupid he won't show, if its something major he will, or if he's bored & wants out of the office.
I thinking I know which road like the one after hwy 10 I'm always ripping it through there but I know its pretty sketch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy View Post
We do not have DD here Jerome so don't worry about that, if u are taking this to court ask them when there radar was last calibrated. Good luck and stop speeding or get a radar detector.
Hey its my first one gimme a break hahhahah but yea gonna dispute it for sure but neber knew cops had radars all around I've always thought this whole time that there was noway they can tell how fast ur going behind them but how can the pull u over if there speeding infront of you and your speeding but just not as fast?
Old 05-03-2011, 08:27 AM   #18 (permalink)

Susan
Sleepy just installed chrome spinner hubcapsSleepy just installed chrome spinner hubcapsSleepy just installed chrome spinner hubcapsSleepy just installed chrome spinner hubcapsSleepy just installed chrome spinner hubcapsSleepy just installed chrome spinner hubcapsSleepy just installed chrome spinner hubcapsSleepy just installed chrome spinner hubcapsSleepy just installed chrome spinner hubcapsSleepy just installed chrome spinner hubcapsSleepy just installed chrome spinner hubcaps
Send a message via ICQ to Sleepy Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy
Quote:
Yea went from no lights to everything.......

I thinking I know which road like the one after hwy 10 I'm always ripping it through there but I know its pretty sketch

Hey its my first one gimme a break hahhahah but yea gonna dispute it for sure but neber knew cops had radars all around I've always thought this whole time that there was noway they can tell how fast ur going behind them but how can the pull u over if there speeding infront of you and your speeding but just not as fast?
I am just busting your bawlz, I speed all the time but I got a radar detector....lol. Some cops are trained visualy to detect speed....I just read it somewhere idk or saw the news.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2011, 09:06 AM   #19 (permalink)

Grim
Grimmjow just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Sorry to thread jack you op...I got a ticket last Friday for driving in a oneway street and got fine for 100 dollar. I turn from the right and the sign was facing straight on the right. Could I fight it? P.s this officer is those bag one. He said if you go to court then I will be there....
Grimmjow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2011, 02:02 PM   #20 (permalink)

Rainier (like the beer)
rflores83 just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Garage
Send a message via AIM to rflores83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimmjow View Post
Sorry to thread jack you op...I got a ticket last Friday for driving in a oneway street and got fine for 100 dollar. I turn from the right and the sign was facing straight on the right. Could I fight it? P.s this officer is those bag one. He said if you go to court then I will be there....
your best bet would be to drive to the corner where you turned and take a picture of the sign, if there are no indications of the street being a "one way" street. Then you can dispute it.

rflores83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in