Hey all, how are the Calgary folks? - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Regional Honda Civic Owners - Canada > Alberta, Saskatchewan, & Manitoba

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2007, 08:51 AM   #1 (permalink)

Eric
SiliconX just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivicSiliconX just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivicSiliconX just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivicSiliconX just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivicSiliconX just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivic
Hey all, how are the Calgary folks?

Hey all! It's been awhile, and I know most of you are saying, "who is this *******?".

But for those that do slightly remember me, I caught an extremely bad viral infection during August (this was only the beginning of something incredibly bad), and pretty much the entire month was a write-off recovering. And September has been a month of working and covering extra shifts, partially due to the extreme labor shortage we have here, and partially due to covering all people who helped out and covered my shifts while I was ill.

Back now. Got alot of parts to install too! Corsport IMG, TB Spacer, TB gaskets and a new wheelwell and a Fujita SRI. Gonna be a busy month me thinks haha. Maybe I can get that slack-ass Swank to come help me out. Been building up the bank too, so should be ordering a race header, HFP bodykit and some new wheels reeal soon. Although the wheels may wait until spring. Might as well stack the cash over the winter when I can't use them and get some nice CE28Ns come March/April.

Anyways, keeping an eye out for any Calgary/Edmonton meets. Peace!

Last edited by SiliconX; 09-15-2007 at 08:57 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2007, 04:21 AM   #2 (permalink)

R.
SiRR will be known by all on 8thcivic soon
Welcome back & that you are up on your feet! You did miss much from the SCC meet in Calgary - very poor turn out!

CE28's - nice! I have some Volks coming in November!

SiRR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2007, 07:44 PM   #3 (permalink)

www.illmotion.com
hoanger should be doing the 1/4 Mile in the 12'shoanger should be doing the 1/4 Mile in the 12'shoanger should be doing the 1/4 Mile in the 12'shoanger should be doing the 1/4 Mile in the 12'shoanger should be doing the 1/4 Mile in the 12'shoanger should be doing the 1/4 Mile in the 12'shoanger should be doing the 1/4 Mile in the 12'shoanger should be doing the 1/4 Mile in the 12'shoanger should be doing the 1/4 Mile in the 12'shoanger should be doing the 1/4 Mile in the 12'shoanger should be doing the 1/4 Mile in the 12's
Send a message via MSN to hoanger
welcome back! haha i was wondering where you were
i remember when you were installing your mugen suspension, I've got some coilovers coming in anyday now.. I was wondering if you've got any tips? I might run into some trouble

where do you drive around usually?
hoanger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2007, 12:22 PM   #4 (permalink)

Mike
Swank just put it into 4th gear on 8thcivicSwank just put it into 4th gear on 8thcivicSwank just put it into 4th gear on 8thcivicSwank just put it into 4th gear on 8thcivicSwank just put it into 4th gear on 8thcivicSwank just put it into 4th gear on 8thcivic
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiliconX
Back now. Got alot of parts to install too! Corsport IMG, TB Spacer, TB gaskets and a new wheelwell and a Fujita SRI. Gonna be a busy month me thinks haha. Maybe I can get that slack-ass Swank to come help me out.
Bad viral infection indeed, if it burns when you pee you can just come right out and say it. If you want help (or just an audience) for installating your installations just let me know when and where to bring the beer!

Last edited by Swank; 09-19-2007 at 04:01 PM.
Swank is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2007, 12:27 PM   #5 (permalink)

www.illmotion.com
hoanger should be doing the 1/4 Mile in the 12'shoanger should be doing the 1/4 Mile in the 12'shoanger should be doing the 1/4 Mile in the 12'shoanger should be doing the 1/4 Mile in the 12'shoanger should be doing the 1/4 Mile in the 12'shoanger should be doing the 1/4 Mile in the 12'shoanger should be doing the 1/4 Mile in the 12'shoanger should be doing the 1/4 Mile in the 12'shoanger should be doing the 1/4 Mile in the 12'shoanger should be doing the 1/4 Mile in the 12'shoanger should be doing the 1/4 Mile in the 12's
thanks swank! I just got the fronts on, it was a breeze.. we spent too much time trying to tune and lower the fronts and ran out of time for the rears.. hopefully the rears won't be too bad. I'll let you know!
hey what colour civic do you drive? I wonder if I've seen you before
Old 09-19-2007, 04:04 PM   #6 (permalink)

Mike
Swank just put it into 4th gear on 8thcivicSwank just put it into 4th gear on 8thcivicSwank just put it into 4th gear on 8thcivicSwank just put it into 4th gear on 8thcivicSwank just put it into 4th gear on 8thcivicSwank just put it into 4th gear on 8thcivic
Heh, oops, I should have been more specific about who I was replying to. I've never done suspension work so I doubt I'd be much help (other than with beer extermination). Mine's NHBP and looks a little something like this.
Swank is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2007, 05:35 PM   #7 (permalink)

www.illmotion.com
ah! hahaha i see
well i've seen quite a bit of NHBP..
hahaha
Old 09-20-2007, 10:20 AM   #8 (permalink)

Eric
SiliconX just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivicSiliconX just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivicSiliconX just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivicSiliconX just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivicSiliconX just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivic
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoanger
welcome back! haha i was wondering where you were
i remember when you were installing your mugen suspension, I've got some coilovers coming in anyday now.. I was wondering if you've got any tips? I might run into some trouble

where do you drive around usually?
Hey dude haha. Ummm, suspension is pretty simple in our cars, i'd never done it before, and had no problems. Just remember that everything is Metric, so make sure your tools are Metric.

If you need any help, let me know. Hopefully you have a jack and jackstands.

And i'm usually driving around the NW, and to and from work at Shaw in the NE. Seeing ALOT more Si's these days.
SiliconX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2007, 10:48 AM   #9 (permalink)

www.illmotion.com
yeah I just did the fronts.. they were pretty straight forward
I will be doing the rears on saturday.. hopefully everything goes smoothly.
I've been reading DIY's and stuff and it looks a bit more complicated, do I jack the brake rotor up as well?

anyways, sorry for the thread jack.

I drive in the NW as well! I have never seen a Rallyered Si yet.. most are Fijiblue, silver and NHBP
Old 09-21-2007, 11:01 AM   #10 (permalink)

Eric
Quote:
yeah I just did the fronts.. they were pretty straight forward
I will be doing the rears on saturday.. hopefully everything goes smoothly.
I've been reading DIY's and stuff and it looks a bit more complicated, do I jack the brake rotor up as well?

anyways, sorry for the thread jack.

I drive in the NW as well! I have never seen a Rallyered Si yet.. most are Fijiblue, silver and NHBP
Not sure what you mean by jacking up the brake rotor?

Hmm, well I don't drive all that much, but i'm usually around there. Had my Si for 16 months and have 16000kms on it lol
Old 09-21-2007, 12:04 PM   #11 (permalink)

www.illmotion.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiliconX
Not sure what you mean by jacking up the brake rotor?

Hmm, well I don't drive all that much, but i'm usually around there. Had my Si for 16 months and have 16000kms on it lol
well all DIY's say to get another jack and to jacking the rear rotor up until tension is relieved. perhaps you didn't have to go through that?

wow thats so little! I have had my car for 16 months as well with 36,500kms
i drive lots lol
Old 09-21-2007, 01:29 PM   #12 (permalink)

Eric
Quote:
well all DIY's say to get another jack and to jacking the rear rotor up until tension is relieved. perhaps you didn't have to go through that?
Oh, for adjusting the struts you mean? If that's what you mean, yeah didn't have to. Mugens aren't adjustable.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:36 PM   #13 (permalink)

www.illmotion.com
I don't believe its to adjust the struts?

Collegehillshonda says:

"Position the floor jack at the connecting point of the trailing arm and the knuckle. Raise the floor jack until it the suspension begins to compress. Remove the flange bolt from the bottom of the damper."

Did you have to replace the struts as well with mugen?
Old 09-21-2007, 05:53 PM   #14 (permalink)

Eric
Quote:
I don't believe its to adjust the struts?

Collegehillshonda says:

"Position the floor jack at the connecting point of the trailing arm and the knuckle. Raise the floor jack until it the suspension begins to compress. Remove the flange bolt from the bottom of the damper."

Did you have to replace the struts as well with mugen?
Oh yeah, well you don't want to remove the bolts with the asseembly just hanging there. And yes, the Mugen kit comes with struts. it's a full package.
Old 09-21-2007, 05:56 PM   #15 (permalink)
ILDS™

Rickeh™
jrMartinez24 likez to fill up with red trolleyjrMartinez24 likez to fill up with red trolleyjrMartinez24 likez to fill up with red trolleyjrMartinez24 likez to fill up with red trolleyjrMartinez24 likez to fill up with red trolleyjrMartinez24 likez to fill up with red trolleyjrMartinez24 likez to fill up with red trolleyjrMartinez24 likez to fill up with red trolleyjrMartinez24 likez to fill up with red trolleyjrMartinez24 likez to fill up with red trolleyjrMartinez24 likez to fill up with red trolley
Send a message via AIM to jrMartinez24 Send a message via Yahoo to jrMartinez24
WELCOME BACK!!!!

Glad 2 c ur doing better

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jrMartinez24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in