09 Civic Si 2.0L Cranks but doesn't start - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Regional Honda Civic Owners - Canada > Alberta, Saskatchewan, & Manitoba

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2015, 12:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

Tony-Si just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Blown head gasket.... Need recommendations for Shops *Editted*

Hey guys, this is just an edit of my initial post here, I've quoted the original text below.

So turns out it is a blown head gasket.... So would anyone on here know of a good local independent shop to here in calgary....

Quote:
Hey Guys,

Normally I could get my answer through searching google and the 8th civic forum but this time it's a little different.

Background information:

Car: 2009 Civic SI Coupe 2.0L
Mileage: 125,000 rough approx

So for the past week I've noticed my car have difficulty starting, by that I mean I would crank and hear the engine struggle or sputter a few times before actually turning over and starting. I noticed this start around a week ago and assumed it was due low oil in the engine, so I stopped off at a gas station and proceeded to buy some more to top up my engine.

So this morning as I went to go out and start my engine after topping it up with oil, my car won't start.... I'm at work so I can't check the car at the moment but I'm really stressing out about fixing this in time for work again tomorrow or else I have to pay yet another round trip cab fare to and from work and thats just way too expsensive for me.

Troubleshooting:

I can hear a whirring or noise as I turn the Key towards the II position and after a few seconds it's followed by a click so that indicates the main relay is still good. It cranks, and sputters like it wants to start the RPM indicates it jumps up to around 600-1000 and then sputters and dies again.

I had to switch my spark plugs from the OEM SP's to the BOSCH brand SP's from Canadian Tire 2 years ago as I was stranded inbetween two provinces and my car was doing somewhat of the same problem. I am chalking this up to the bad SP's and as soon as Im getting off work I am going to pick up new ones and switch them out.

My main question is: Do you think it could be something else? I read that it could even be a bad starter....

Last edited by Tony-Si; 05-11-2015 at 08:19 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2015, 12:41 PM   #2 (permalink)

Drew
DR3W5K1 just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Check your voltage first

DR3W5K1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2015, 12:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

Tony-Si just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
With that check, is it checking for a bad battery?
Tony-Si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2015, 10:21 AM   #4 (permalink)

DaSlowestCL9 just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Maybe low fuel pressure?
DaSlowestCL9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in