8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Remote lock and remote starter..

3K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  one30si 
#1 ·
Hi there, I just bought a 2008 Honda civic.. It doesn't have remote locks.. Any body know how much it cost to get installed in Calgary.. My friend told if I install the remote starter, then I ll get the remote locks too.. So any thoughts about it.?? where I can get installed for lower price in Calgary..thanks for your help and time.. I am just new to Honda..... So thanks

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#4 ·
Viper car starter is a higher end, two way remote. You can get one way remotes for cheaper, but i wouldn't recommend getting one way. Its a hassle to keep checking if car started.

You can get lower end two way remotes for 300 to 400 installed. find a shop that sells them and look at different types.
I don't know any places specifically in Calgary, but Bestbuy and future shop sold them before winter... Not sure if they still have them

#6 ·
I'm assuming since you dont have remote lock on your care currently, you own the dx model. If you don't have power doors , chances are you won't have the solenoids/actuator that are required to lock/unlock the door w/ a remote. Those will need to be installed in each panel of the door. It's gonna be costly.

#8 ·
There's many factors in cost.

What do you really want? a remote starter or power door locks ? OR both?
Do you want a remote thats 1 way or 2 way?
Do you want a higher end DEI or non DEI alarm?

If door locks are all you are interested in, Is your car a 4 door or a 2door ? (more doors =more actuators = more $) at $45 per door just for one door actuator plus labor cost.

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/interior-style-mods/278584-power-door-lock-repair.html

#9 ·
Thanks for your reply.. Mine is a 2 door one.. I ll just go with just remote locks if there is a huge difference in price between the remote locks and remote starter.. It all depends on the money.. Since I cannot afford more.. Do u have car starter in your car, if so, do u recommend any cheaper place in Calgary ?? That would be really great thanks ... Thanks a lot for your time ... ?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.