Engine, Tranny, Brake, Coolant Need More INFO Please - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Model Specific Civic Information > International Models > Acura CSX

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2015, 12:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

Martin
hoooboy just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Post Engine, Tranny, Brake, Coolant Need More INFO Please

Hi!

I will do some maintenance soon on my girlfriend's car.

Acura CSX 2009 manual (not the type-s...)
The car is around 115 000km
She bought the car last year, at 109 000km and we dont know the maintenance on this car.
The car show 30% of Oil Life... but she didnt change the oil since the day 1.

Engine Oil : Pennzoil Platinum 5w30 with OEM filter & washer (I think it's 4.2L of capacity)

Manual Transmission Oil : I was thinking about Redline MT90. (I dont know the capacity)

Brake Oil : Motul 5.1 (this is not silicone base. Compatible with Dot 3 and Dot 4) I think it's 500ml or 1000ml for a complete flush

Coolant : Probably OEM stuff... dont know the capacity for a drain & fill

Power Steering Fluid : I think it's electric or something like that... right?

Maybe putting some Gumout Complete Injectors Cleaner too...

If you can add some infos, it would be appreciated because I'm a Yota owner. I'm new with Honda/Acura

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2015, 04:52 PM   #2 (permalink)

Martin
This is for my girlfriend's car... She have tits... help her! lol

hoooboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2015, 07:20 PM   #3 (permalink)

Martin
thanks for all the views... More than 200...

This is the opposite of MatrixOwners forum...
Not alot of views, but always quick and good answers there!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2015, 08:23 PM   #4 (permalink)

NightHawk2.0
NightHawk2.0 just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Exactly what are you asking for help with? Stick to OEM fluids all around is the only advice I'll give. Personal opinion of course.
NightHawk2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2015, 11:47 PM   #5 (permalink)

Raph
-raqh- just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
On Matrix owner there are probably only matrix owners... You are on an internationnal forum but with mostly Americans and the CSX doesn't exist in the US, people are curious but it's actually a good thing they don't tell you stuff they don't have a clue about.

Redline MTL is apparently really good and a lot of people in Canada use it with great results. You need 2 bottles IIRC but won't need all of it.

I looked myself to change the coolant and saw that they actually recommend doing it only at 160 000 km IIRC. So you're good for a while unless you really want to do everything now.

The rest I dont know really but for the oil life meter, you said how much kms when you bought the car and said last year but actually not where it's at now or how many months passed... You can use the meter, it's there for a reason, it checks the your milage, rpm, etc. and will drop slower or faster depending on the load and driving habits.

I usually do +-7500-9000 before I reach 5-10% left but I could stretch the change since I run full syntec. I personnaly use quaker state syntec (on sale at CanadianTire every few months) and burn pratically nothing. It did burn a little with whatever oil was in the car when I bought it.
-raqh- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2015, 08:36 PM   #6 (permalink)

Martin
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightHawk2.0 View Post
Exactly what are you asking for help with? Stick to OEM fluids all around is the only advice I'll give. Personal opinion of course.
Because you can buy better stuff than OEM fluids for the same price.
And I want to buy the "right" stuff and not messing with the specs. (right weight of motor and tranny oil)

Quote:
Originally Posted by -raqh- View Post
On Matrix owner there are probably only matrix owners... You are on an internationnal forum but with mostly Americans and the CSX doesn't exist in the US, people are curious but it's actually a good thing they don't tell you stuff they don't have a clue about.

Redline MTL is apparently really good and a lot of people in Canada use it with great results. You need 2 bottles IIRC but won't need all of it.

I looked myself to change the coolant and saw that they actually recommend doing it only at 160 000 km IIRC. So you're good for a while unless you really want to do everything now.

The rest I dont know really but for the oil life meter, you said how much kms when you bought the car and said last year but actually not where it's at now or how many months passed... You can use the meter, it's there for a reason, it checks the your milage, rpm, etc. and will drop slower or faster depending on the load and driving habits.

I usually do +-7500-9000 before I reach 5-10% left but I could stretch the change since I run full syntec. I personnaly use quaker state syntec (on sale at CanadianTire every few months) and burn pratically nothing. It did burn a little with whatever oil was in the car when I bought it.

I will buy Redline MTL instead of MT90
I will wait for the coolant, thank you for that info!

Oil Life is at 30%... but it's in the car for atleast 12 months. (Dont know the brand, the weight, and also what kind of oil filter on the car...)

MatrixOwners forum is dying by the way! We are like 10-20 actives members! So I was just joking about that!

thanks for your reply!
Old 06-24-2015, 06:25 PM   #7 (permalink)

Martin
Redline MTL (2 bottles)
Motul 5.1 (1 bottle)
Pennzoil Platinum

113 000km now

Car feels better!

Now... need to do the rear brake real soon!

I thought about Brembo plain and Hawk HPS... it's difficult to found the right part number... nothing's really listed for CSX

Hawk Performance HB145F.570 - Disc Brake Pad HPS Performance Street w/0.570 Thickness, Rear

Is it the right part number?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in