What is a chat thread without CHAT?! - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Site Stuff > 8thcivic.com Site Help

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2007, 08:31 AM   #1 (permalink)

"NBA"
LikWidv1 runs yellow lights with gleeLikWidv1 runs yellow lights with gleeLikWidv1 runs yellow lights with gleeLikWidv1 runs yellow lights with gleeLikWidv1 runs yellow lights with gleeLikWidv1 runs yellow lights with gleeLikWidv1 runs yellow lights with gleeLikWidv1 runs yellow lights with gleeLikWidv1 runs yellow lights with gleeLikWidv1 runs yellow lights with gleeLikWidv1 runs yellow lights with glee
Send a message via AIM to LikWidv1 Send a message via Yahoo to LikWidv1
What is a chat thread without CHAT?!

Ok so appearently the mods/mod decided to close the "HTX/Chat" thread. Whether it was a group decision or just one mod abusing his power we'll never know. And yes, you mods will come in here saying "We all agreed"..blah, we know a mods gonna cover for a mod so yeah.

And yes, I know i might get banned for this, but I stopped caring already. If you feel the need to silence me by banning me then do so.

Closed Thread:
https://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31987

And open one of thier own:
https://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62213

Now what I don't understand is, why? Yes some of us listed that our items were for sale. BUT, we never listed prices or tried to sell to others. Yes one of our LOCAL vendors mentioned he had some items, once we asked about em, so he told us. In no way did he approach us, but we asked him. Yes I know you're going to find a few threads where he brings it up first, but that's simply because he's been asked about it at meets or through pms.

What's the point of a chat thread, if you can't CHAT? Yes to some it's considered postwhoreing, but the simply fact is, it's all on topics. There's no one in there typing random bull****. Yes we ask eachother for help or see if someone has a particular part simply because it's local. If we need help with something we're allowed to meet up with that person to get things done. (Ex. Ray (TheRumBucket) and Javy (Coop) help me put in my HID's.) Also about this "RepWhoring" everyone does it in every thread, if it didn't happen, everyone would still be on 2 bars, yes even you mods.

All comments and opinions are welcomed from anyone and everyone as long as they're intelligent. If you come in here with bull**** I will not hesitate to put you on ignore and completely ignore your posts.

Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2007, 08:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
VIP Member

ethlar is teh bbq kingethlar is teh bbq kingethlar is teh bbq kingethlar is teh bbq kingethlar is teh bbq kingethlar is teh bbq kingethlar is teh bbq kingethlar is teh bbq kingethlar is teh bbq kingethlar is teh bbq kingethlar is teh bbq king
Im gonna answer your questions

chatting is allowed, however posting for the sake of driving up your post count isnt.

the old thread were closed and new ones created so that it forced everyone to see the rules that they should have been abiding by from the start and will be held to from now on. Nothing has been taken away, you have just been informed about what will happen if you break the rules since in the past, warnings from the staff have been heeded for only a short time or completely disregarded.

ethlar is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2007, 09:02 AM   #3 (permalink)

"NBA"
LikWidv1 runs yellow lights with gleeLikWidv1 runs yellow lights with gleeLikWidv1 runs yellow lights with gleeLikWidv1 runs yellow lights with gleeLikWidv1 runs yellow lights with gleeLikWidv1 runs yellow lights with gleeLikWidv1 runs yellow lights with gleeLikWidv1 runs yellow lights with gleeLikWidv1 runs yellow lights with gleeLikWidv1 runs yellow lights with gleeLikWidv1 runs yellow lights with glee
Ok so if you closed ours. Why wasn't this one closed?

https://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56755

Was it simply because it was opened by a mod? Why couldn't you simply post the new rules at the end of our thread, like you did bizzy's? No new people are going to start at the beginning of the chat thread and read all the way through, so there's no excuse to not just post it.
LikWidv1 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2007, 09:04 AM   #4 (permalink)
VIP Member

Civic Type Stock
wing_gundam is teh bbq kingwing_gundam is teh bbq kingwing_gundam is teh bbq kingwing_gundam is teh bbq kingwing_gundam is teh bbq kingwing_gundam is teh bbq kingwing_gundam is teh bbq kingwing_gundam is teh bbq kingwing_gundam is teh bbq kingwing_gundam is teh bbq kingwing_gundam is teh bbq king
Send a message via AIM to wing_gundam
And regardless of what people might think, it IS a unaimous decision by mods. This isn't a we're covering each other's back to save face, we all feel the same way about enforcing the rules.

And rep whoring will never be tolerated.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:04 AM   #5 (permalink)
VIP Member

ethlar is teh bbq kingethlar is teh bbq kingethlar is teh bbq kingethlar is teh bbq kingethlar is teh bbq kingethlar is teh bbq kingethlar is teh bbq kingethlar is teh bbq kingethlar is teh bbq kingethlar is teh bbq kingethlar is teh bbq king
because that thread moves much slower, and already has 2 mods browsing it on a regular basis to keep them in line from the start
Old 10-25-2007, 09:05 AM   #6 (permalink)

"NBA"
Right wing. Rep whoring will not be stopped until you take away the rep system Repwhoring happens in the Water Cooler, Chats, and most definitly VIP. You wouldn't have the * if it didn't.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:06 AM   #7 (permalink)

"NBA"
ethlar no matter how you word it, it's still there because a mod created it. I'm sorry bizzy if this looks like I'm hating on you, you know me and you are cool, but I seriously disagree with this. If you're going to be a mod, be fair, treat all the chat threads equally.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:21 AM   #8 (permalink)
Ijuswannachill

Fully Flared has an enormous 8thcivic turboFully Flared has an enormous 8thcivic turboFully Flared has an enormous 8thcivic turboFully Flared has an enormous 8thcivic turboFully Flared has an enormous 8thcivic turboFully Flared has an enormous 8thcivic turboFully Flared has an enormous 8thcivic turboFully Flared has an enormous 8thcivic turboFully Flared has an enormous 8thcivic turboFully Flared has an enormous 8thcivic turboFully Flared has an enormous 8thcivic turbo
Send a message via AIM to Fully Flared
I seriously don't get how saying (i.e.) "whats up man" is postwhoring... postwhoring is going into every thread saying "cool" or just absolutely random bull****. Where did anyone even "postwhore"? It doesn't make a lot of sense.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 Galaxy "Greige" LX Coupe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Fully Flared is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2007, 09:24 AM   #9 (permalink)
VIP Member

the problems werent specific to your thread, it was throughout the ones that we changed
Old 10-25-2007, 09:26 AM   #10 (permalink)

"NBA"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethlar
the problems werent specific to your thread, it was throughout the ones that we changed
But it seems that our thread got the specific "punishment" of being closed and reopened by someone who isn't even from Houston.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:33 AM   #11 (permalink)
VIP Member

what does my not being from houston have to do with anything, I also closed and reopened the mid atlantic thread, and the North East thread where i personally frequent.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:38 AM   #12 (permalink)

"NBA"
So the NorthEast thread was done, just yesterday. And it's already over 50 pages.

https://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62196

But, absolutly no post whoring, or the thread will be closed and not reopened right? Well, be fair, get to work, put your own rules to work.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:39 AM   #13 (permalink)
VIP Member

there have been several staff members browsing through there, they tend to be more active, and actually have conversations, they arent whoring now
Old 10-25-2007, 09:41 AM   #14 (permalink)

"NBA"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethlar
there have been several staff members browsing through there, they tend to be more active, and actually have conversations, they arent whoring now
Are you ******* serious? 50 pages in 1 day, and they aren't whoring? The first HTX chat was with nothing but conversations. It wasn't any post whoring. This is really beginning to tick me off.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:42 AM   #15 (permalink)
Ijuswannachill

Fully Flared has an enormous 8thcivic turboFully Flared has an enormous 8thcivic turboFully Flared has an enormous 8thcivic turboFully Flared has an enormous 8thcivic turboFully Flared has an enormous 8thcivic turboFully Flared has an enormous 8thcivic turboFully Flared has an enormous 8thcivic turboFully Flared has an enormous 8thcivic turboFully Flared has an enormous 8thcivic turboFully Flared has an enormous 8thcivic turboFully Flared has an enormous 8thcivic turbo
Holy ****, 60 pages in one day. Not even when sickyute got the first jdm/csx front conversion done did the pages jump that fast :wow: haha

Old 10-25-2007, 09:42 AM   #16 (permalink)
VIP Member

theres a reason that they consistently have 20-30 car meets
Old 10-25-2007, 09:43 AM   #17 (permalink)
Hidy Ho Neighbor

-> Ken
GeezerSi likez to fill up with red trolleyGeezerSi likez to fill up with red trolleyGeezerSi likez to fill up with red trolleyGeezerSi likez to fill up with red trolleyGeezerSi likez to fill up with red trolleyGeezerSi likez to fill up with red trolleyGeezerSi likez to fill up with red trolleyGeezerSi likez to fill up with red trolleyGeezerSi likez to fill up with red trolleyGeezerSi likez to fill up with red trolleyGeezerSi likez to fill up with red trolley
Garage
Send a message via AIM to GeezerSi Send a message via MSN to GeezerSi
There are only 2 active users in here. There are 14 in the NE thread.
GeezerSi is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2007, 09:47 AM   #18 (permalink)

"NBA"
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeezerSi
There are only 2 active users in here. There are 14 in the NE thread.

You've proved nothing with that besides the fact that it's still early. Those people are 1hr. Ahead, and well, that's all. Good try though Geezer.

We're not comparing this thread to the NE Thread. But fail.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:51 AM   #19 (permalink)
Ijuswannachill

Sid, it's a pointless battle. Regardless of how fair/unfair it may be, we either live with it or leave. It really isn't THAT big of a deal. If we get a 7 day ban for something, then oh well their loss, I just won't renew VIP. I don't VIP it to have a sig and a bigger avatar, and I never go into the VIP room, I have it because I like to support things that I enjoy. But why support something that won't support me? That's an entirely different topic though. Just keep to the rules and just hope you don't get a biased ban somewhere (again, lol).

Old 10-25-2007, 09:57 AM   #20 (permalink)

"NBA"
Yeah I'm coming to the sad realisation that it's a pointless battle. Theres no winning with mods. When I first put this thread up, it was deleted, as to why, I have no idea.

Watch what you type up there Travis cause they will come back with smart ass remarks towards you. I have enough of them on me with **** you don't need it too.

Yeah I've been banned multiple times for stupid **** (Talking about another forums mods) but it is what it is, if I get banned I get over it. Noticed something though, everytime they ban me, i post less and less. Soon enough I'll quit visiting/supporting the site. Yes I know they think I'm only "supporting" the site by paying for VIP, but truth is i tell alot of people about this site.

But, nothing i can do, what will happen, will happen.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in