Things you learn at the Dragon - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Site Stuff > 8thCivic.com Conquers the Dragon VII - September 6th-9th, 2012

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2007, 09:15 PM   #1 (permalink)

Gonzo drives naked to save weightGonzo drives naked to save weightGonzo drives naked to save weightGonzo drives naked to save weightGonzo drives naked to save weightGonzo drives naked to save weightGonzo drives naked to save weightGonzo drives naked to save weightGonzo drives naked to save weightGonzo drives naked to save weightGonzo drives naked to save weight
Things you learn at the Dragon

I thought this might be fun, so here are the first few. Feel free to add your own, but keep it good natured!

1. Nomar is actually an aspiring Rally Driver

2. Gonzo's definition of "a casual run" is more than skewed

3. Do not ride in the back seat on the dragon

4. Definitely do not ride in the back seat on the dragon if Gonzo is your driver and he invites you to go on a "Casual run" through the dragon

5. Lying down in the middle of the dragon at midnight is more relaxing than it sounds

6. Nomar's lights are BRIGHT

7. Gonzo can totally pull on Nomar

8. The above rule only applies if Gonzo is in 2nd and Nomar in 3rd

9. The local bikers (killboy and crew) are as badass as they are crazy

10. You will salivate when you see Killboy's Evolution

11. Getting behind a slow car will probably save you from a ticket on more than one occasion (Slow white pickup trucks may soon become your best friend)

12. Webby did in fact state that Gonzo's Si pull harder than any he has been in before (this was first stated while charging uphill)

13. Webby has only been in two (err, make that three, nay four!!) Si's...

14. You will personally be responsible for the deaths of at least 10 butterflies.

15. Tickets from the dragon will now be referred to as "High speed driving awards"

16. Canadians really are crazy.

17. Despite the great Dragon Crackdown of 2007, 8thCivic hardly saw any police on the dragon.

18. Walkie talkie's no work too good

19. Cell phones are even worse

20. When following Killboy, one moment he is there, the next he's gone

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2007, 09:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
faptasic... pew pew pew

Ryan
rippars likez to fill up with red trolleyrippars likez to fill up with red trolleyrippars likez to fill up with red trolleyrippars likez to fill up with red trolleyrippars likez to fill up with red trolleyrippars likez to fill up with red trolleyrippars likez to fill up with red trolleyrippars likez to fill up with red trolleyrippars likez to fill up with red trolleyrippars likez to fill up with red trolleyrippars likez to fill up with red trolley
webby was there huh... i heard he doesnt show up in pictures...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
rippars is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2007, 09:22 PM   #3 (permalink)

Gonzo drives naked to save weightGonzo drives naked to save weightGonzo drives naked to save weightGonzo drives naked to save weightGonzo drives naked to save weightGonzo drives naked to save weightGonzo drives naked to save weightGonzo drives naked to save weightGonzo drives naked to save weightGonzo drives naked to save weightGonzo drives naked to save weight
No way man, I already destroyed one of my cameras trying to sneak a picture. CCD could only take but soo much awesomeness.
Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2007, 09:23 PM   #4 (permalink)

21. Bring something to sell at the dragon and write it off as a business expense.

22. Waiting for Killboy's weekly update feels like an eternity

23. Sometimes you pick up an blacksnake and realize it is a rattlesnake
Old 09-09-2007, 09:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Purpul Plane 4ever!

Nomar06 is teh bbq kingNomar06 is teh bbq kingNomar06 is teh bbq kingNomar06 is teh bbq kingNomar06 is teh bbq kingNomar06 is teh bbq kingNomar06 is teh bbq kingNomar06 is teh bbq kingNomar06 is teh bbq kingNomar06 is teh bbq kingNomar06 is teh bbq king
Send a message via AIM to Nomar06
#8 is very important thing to learn
Nomar06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2007, 09:57 PM   #6 (permalink)

Jonathan
simomo sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicsimomo sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicsimomo sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicsimomo sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicsimomo sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicsimomo sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicsimomo sometimes day dreams about 8thcivic
24. Don't stand in the apex of a curve when Nomar is around. lol
simomo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2007, 09:57 PM   #7 (permalink)

25. Infact, don't stand anywhere near the curve. (Just kidding Nomar, I know you can tear me up on the dragon, for now...)

26. Having the weight on your conscience of not wanting to be the guy who "Kills the creator of 8thCivic while he is at his first meet, first run on the dragon, and first ride in an Si" apparently is not incentive enough to drive slowly.

27. Nor is it deterrent enough for Webby to want you to slow down.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:00 PM   #8 (permalink)

Jonathan
simomo sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicsimomo sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicsimomo sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicsimomo sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicsimomo sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicsimomo sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicsimomo sometimes day dreams about 8thcivic
28. You learn that a National Forest Worker is actually a "Federal Officer!" -blkhnda07 (it would not let me post, I don't have enough posts.

Last edited by simomo; 09-10-2007 at 12:49 AM.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Acorns!

webby likez to fill up with red trolleywebby likez to fill up with red trolleywebby likez to fill up with red trolleywebby likez to fill up with red trolleywebby likez to fill up with red trolleywebby likez to fill up with red trolleywebby likez to fill up with red trolleywebby likez to fill up with red trolleywebby likez to fill up with red trolleywebby likez to fill up with red trolleywebby likez to fill up with red trolley
correction
4th si... cook, silver8th, gonzo, etf

29. being lead driver on night runs takes some extra skills and a stronger stomach to tolerate. (headlights in front of you help dramatically.. especially if it's nomar)
webby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2007, 10:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
Purpul Plane 4ever!

Nomar06 is teh bbq kingNomar06 is teh bbq kingNomar06 is teh bbq kingNomar06 is teh bbq kingNomar06 is teh bbq kingNomar06 is teh bbq kingNomar06 is teh bbq kingNomar06 is teh bbq kingNomar06 is teh bbq kingNomar06 is teh bbq kingNomar06 is teh bbq king
Send a message via AIM to Nomar06
30. front, rear, middle, the Cook is still slow, lol. Well slower then myself when in control.
Nomar06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2007, 10:48 PM   #11 (permalink)
Acorns!

webby likez to fill up with red trolleywebby likez to fill up with red trolleywebby likez to fill up with red trolleywebby likez to fill up with red trolleywebby likez to fill up with red trolleywebby likez to fill up with red trolleywebby likez to fill up with red trolleywebby likez to fill up with red trolleywebby likez to fill up with red trolleywebby likez to fill up with red trolleywebby likez to fill up with red trolley
bbq tastes better going down
Old 09-09-2007, 11:02 PM   #12 (permalink)

Kevin
xtv-sidecar needs another gear in their car!!!!xtv-sidecar needs another gear in their car!!!!xtv-sidecar needs another gear in their car!!!!xtv-sidecar needs another gear in their car!!!!xtv-sidecar needs another gear in their car!!!!xtv-sidecar needs another gear in their car!!!!xtv-sidecar needs another gear in their car!!!!xtv-sidecar needs another gear in their car!!!!xtv-sidecar needs another gear in their car!!!!xtv-sidecar needs another gear in their car!!!!xtv-sidecar needs another gear in their car!!!!
Send a message via Yahoo to xtv-sidecar
31. A "Federal Officer!" can take over a half hr. to write a ticket.

32. Road closed signs are much larger in real life than what you remember.

33. One way road means "My Way" when there is a Large hill challenging me.(xtv-sidecar)

34. Don't follow xtv-sidecar on one way roads.

Last edited by xtv-sidecar; 09-09-2007 at 11:11 PM.
xtv-sidecar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2007, 11:41 PM   #13 (permalink)

Jonathan
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtv-sidecar
31. A "Federal Officer!" can take over a half hr. to write a ticket.

32. Road closed signs are much larger in real life than what you remember.

33. One way road means "My Way" when there is a Large hill challenging me.(xtv-sidecar)

34. Don't follow xtv-sidecar on one way roads.
Amen to #31 and #34 especially if that one way street crests the top of the hill and you almost get stuck going across it...

#35 According to Miata Man exhaust are rated for horsepower...Han and Zesti your exhaust if too powerful for your cars....you shoul've got the 100-250 hp exhaust instead of the 350+hp exhausts lmao
Old 09-09-2007, 11:43 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by webby
correction
4th si... cook, silver8th, gonzo, etf
Doh, I should have figured that.

36. Brakes get hot, REALLY hot at the dragon

37. When the folks in the car behind you can smell your brakes burning, it is time to back off a little bit

38. You know that it is ok to ask your driver to slow down a bit, because if you puked in their car you'd be conquering the dragon on foot.

39. Nomar likes to "draft" Gonzo

40. You become familiar with local wildlife after a few runs on the dragon. Including turkeys, foxes, mutha F&#^@ snakes, terrified runaway pet dogs, and of course the reclusive and often misunderstood 8thCivic members who can often be found inexplicably lying on the dragon late at night.

41. If you think Nomar's headlights are bright, wait till you see the monster on the front of Killboys bike

42. And you better enjoy it, because it is the last thing you will be able to see for a while

43. Killboy doesn't even really seem to need his headlights

44. Brake dust magically pools in small sections on Gonzo's wheels and mysteriously doesn't fly off despite being a powder

45. Climbing on rooftops happens

46. This dude showed up at the meet. He actually is on the site, and apparently his handle is Webby.

47. Web drama didn't stop while we are gone at the dragon

48. You will want to see the night run videos

49. You will wonder why there is no true sense of speed is in the night run videos
Old 09-10-2007, 03:13 AM   #15 (permalink)
VIP Member

Cookstar just installed chrome spinner hubcapsCookstar just installed chrome spinner hubcapsCookstar just installed chrome spinner hubcapsCookstar just installed chrome spinner hubcapsCookstar just installed chrome spinner hubcapsCookstar just installed chrome spinner hubcapsCookstar just installed chrome spinner hubcapsCookstar just installed chrome spinner hubcapsCookstar just installed chrome spinner hubcapsCookstar just installed chrome spinner hubcapsCookstar just installed chrome spinner hubcaps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomar06
front, rear, middle, the Cook is still slow, lol. Well slower then myself when in control.
Not slow, just wise...or maybe I'm just getting old
Cookstar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2007, 10:26 AM   #16 (permalink)

Eric
CNUco2007 is the 8thcivic ninja warriorCNUco2007 is the 8thcivic ninja warriorCNUco2007 is the 8thcivic ninja warriorCNUco2007 is the 8thcivic ninja warriorCNUco2007 is the 8thcivic ninja warriorCNUco2007 is the 8thcivic ninja warriorCNUco2007 is the 8thcivic ninja warriorCNUco2007 is the 8thcivic ninja warriorCNUco2007 is the 8thcivic ninja warriorCNUco2007 is the 8thcivic ninja warriorCNUco2007 is the 8thcivic ninja warrior
Send a message via AIM to CNUco2007
50- Night runs are scary as hell when you don't have someone in front of you lol
51- stock brake pads suck, my brakes were smoking after my first run on the dragon... had a few hard stops
52- my car was a bug killing machine!
53- 8thCivic people were really cool!
54- My buddy's VW Rabbit had no problem keeping up w/ us on the dragon... I was impressed
55- I never knew my car could handle like that!!!!! :-O
56- I love the smell of hot brakes and burnt rubber after a handfull of civics tear through crazy roads
57- People who live out there are crazy... Especially an SUV that was pulling 80mph through some turns with us (not the dragon, just Topoco Rd)
58- Will def be back next year
CNUco2007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2007, 11:19 AM   #17 (permalink)
Acorns!

59. when you make a promise to go into the river,.... you will end up in the river, even if it's in the middle of the night.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:26 AM   #18 (permalink)
Hidy Ho Neighbor

-> Ken
GeezerSi likez to fill up with red trolleyGeezerSi likez to fill up with red trolleyGeezerSi likez to fill up with red trolleyGeezerSi likez to fill up with red trolleyGeezerSi likez to fill up with red trolleyGeezerSi likez to fill up with red trolleyGeezerSi likez to fill up with red trolleyGeezerSi likez to fill up with red trolleyGeezerSi likez to fill up with red trolleyGeezerSi likez to fill up with red trolleyGeezerSi likez to fill up with red trolley
Garage
Send a message via AIM to GeezerSi Send a message via MSN to GeezerSi
Awesome thread
GeezerSi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2007, 01:14 PM   #19 (permalink)
VIP Member

Cookstar just installed chrome spinner hubcapsCookstar just installed chrome spinner hubcapsCookstar just installed chrome spinner hubcapsCookstar just installed chrome spinner hubcapsCookstar just installed chrome spinner hubcapsCookstar just installed chrome spinner hubcapsCookstar just installed chrome spinner hubcapsCookstar just installed chrome spinner hubcapsCookstar just installed chrome spinner hubcapsCookstar just installed chrome spinner hubcapsCookstar just installed chrome spinner hubcaps
60. Just because you can handle the curves from the driver's seat, doesn't mean you can handle them while being tossed around in the back seat.

61. It's important to hand out maps to people so they don't end up on Tennessee backroads on gravel roads where everyone lives in trailers.

62. Canadian accents are just plain weird.

63. An all-black Ford Crown Victoria isn't necessarily an unmarked police car, especially if it's license plate says "NOTACOP" and it flies by you with a motorcycle right on its ass.

64. A closed bridge creates a great opportunity for filming.

65. Oversteer is possible on a front-wheel-drive car.
Cookstar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2007, 01:16 PM   #20 (permalink)

Jason
boogsSI just put it into 2nd gear on 8thcivicboogsSI just put it into 2nd gear on 8thcivicboogsSI just put it into 2nd gear on 8thcivic
66- If football is on and the Saints do not win, Stay away from BoogsSI
67- Webby really does exist
68- Cruisers and Crotch rockets cannot keep up with BoogsSI at all!!

boogsSI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in