Any "Old Fogies" going? - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Site Stuff > 8thCivic.com Conquers the Dragon VII - September 6th-9th, 2012

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2009, 09:32 PM   #1 (permalink)

Kevin Williams
hiphopaddict has their car in neutral right now
Any "Old Fogies" going?

I'm 31 and don't consider myself and old fogie, but I don't want to be the only "30 something" there. Are there any older 8th members going this year?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2009, 09:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Hidy Ho Neighbor

-> Ken
GeezerSi likez to fill up with red trolleyGeezerSi likez to fill up with red trolleyGeezerSi likez to fill up with red trolleyGeezerSi likez to fill up with red trolleyGeezerSi likez to fill up with red trolleyGeezerSi likez to fill up with red trolleyGeezerSi likez to fill up with red trolleyGeezerSi likez to fill up with red trolleyGeezerSi likez to fill up with red trolleyGeezerSi likez to fill up with red trolleyGeezerSi likez to fill up with red trolley
Garage
Send a message via AIM to GeezerSi Send a message via MSN to GeezerSi
A couple of us.

GeezerSi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2009, 09:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
VIP Member

Cookstar just installed chrome spinner hubcapsCookstar just installed chrome spinner hubcapsCookstar just installed chrome spinner hubcapsCookstar just installed chrome spinner hubcapsCookstar just installed chrome spinner hubcapsCookstar just installed chrome spinner hubcapsCookstar just installed chrome spinner hubcapsCookstar just installed chrome spinner hubcapsCookstar just installed chrome spinner hubcapsCookstar just installed chrome spinner hubcapsCookstar just installed chrome spinner hubcaps
Me!

etf is the elder statesman of 8thCivic.com Conquers the Dragon. He's in his mid-50s and he's been to them all.

I would say the average age is probably mid- to late- 20s. I schedule it after school begins so we will have a more mature group. You'll have a great time!
Cookstar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2009, 11:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
Photobucket

Silver8th switches lanes in the middle of intersectionsSilver8th switches lanes in the middle of intersectionsSilver8th switches lanes in the middle of intersectionsSilver8th switches lanes in the middle of intersectionsSilver8th switches lanes in the middle of intersectionsSilver8th switches lanes in the middle of intersectionsSilver8th switches lanes in the middle of intersectionsSilver8th switches lanes in the middle of intersectionsSilver8th switches lanes in the middle of intersectionsSilver8th switches lanes in the middle of intersectionsSilver8th switches lanes in the middle of intersections
Send a message via AIM to Silver8th
Chris is an old fart.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Silver8th is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2009, 11:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
VIP Member

Cookstar just installed chrome spinner hubcapsCookstar just installed chrome spinner hubcapsCookstar just installed chrome spinner hubcapsCookstar just installed chrome spinner hubcapsCookstar just installed chrome spinner hubcapsCookstar just installed chrome spinner hubcapsCookstar just installed chrome spinner hubcapsCookstar just installed chrome spinner hubcapsCookstar just installed chrome spinner hubcapsCookstar just installed chrome spinner hubcapsCookstar just installed chrome spinner hubcaps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver8th View Post
Chris is an old fart.
You're only as old as you feel, sonny boy!
Old 08-23-2009, 01:22 AM   #6 (permalink)

Jerry
Dyno Blew just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Me - 46
Dyno Blew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2009, 01:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyno Blew View Post
Me - 46
Are you going with us?
Old 08-23-2009, 03:33 PM   #8 (permalink)

Brian
8thgenInAL just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Send a message via AIM to 8thgenInAL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookstar View Post
Me!

etf is the elder statesman of 8thCivic.com Conquers the Dragon. He's in his mid-50s and he's been to them all.

I would say the average age is probably mid- to late- 20s. I schedule it after school begins so we will have a more mature group. You'll have a great time!
Im still coming. But don't worry I'm alot more mature than most people 5-6 years above me
8thgenInAL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2009, 04:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8thgenInAL View Post
Im still coming. But don't worry I'm alot more mature than most people 5-6 years above me
I'm not saying I don't want younger people to come. The group will just be older on average than it would be if I scheduled it earlier. I'm not comfortable with having a large group of teenagers testing their driving skills and their drinking skills.

Everyone is always friendly and will welcome you there but if you young'uns act up, we have ways of putting you back in line
Old 08-23-2009, 08:10 PM   #10 (permalink)

trancedjgabriel just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookstar View Post
i'm not saying i don't want younger people to come. The group will just be older on average than it would be if i scheduled it earlier. I'm not comfortable with having a large group of teenagers testing their driving skills and their drinking skills.

I'm a thirty-something too... my dad is coming so he may be the oldest member there
trancedjgabriel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2009, 12:14 AM   #11 (permalink)

Keith ('14 Fiesta ST)
K757 runs yellow lights with gleeK757 runs yellow lights with gleeK757 runs yellow lights with gleeK757 runs yellow lights with gleeK757 runs yellow lights with gleeK757 runs yellow lights with gleeK757 runs yellow lights with gleeK757 runs yellow lights with gleeK757 runs yellow lights with gleeK757 runs yellow lights with gleeK757 runs yellow lights with glee
Garage
I'm 38.
K757 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2009, 12:19 AM   #12 (permalink)

Brian
8thgenInAL just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Send a message via AIM to 8thgenInAL
Quote:
I'm not saying I don't want younger people to come. The group will just be older on average than it would be if I scheduled it earlier. I'm not comfortable with having a large group of teenagers testing their driving skills and their drinking skills.

Everyone is always friendly and will welcome you there but if you young'uns act up, we have ways of putting you back in line
I rarely drink anymore, no worries there.

But I agree with you, alot of teenagers would be extremely unsafe. Not that I'm a teenager anymore, 20 ftw. I felt the maturity hit so hard when I turned 20.
8thgenInAL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2009, 07:04 AM   #13 (permalink)
etf

etf lives their life a quarter mile at a timeetf lives their life a quarter mile at a timeetf lives their life a quarter mile at a timeetf lives their life a quarter mile at a timeetf lives their life a quarter mile at a time
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiphopaddict View Post
I'm 31 and don't consider myself and old fogie, but I don't want to be the only "30 something" there. Are there any older 8th members going this year?
Quote:
Me!

Yep! Ol' Granpa E will be back this year. Introduce yourself to me at the meet and I'll tell you the story of what happened with me and a young whippersnapper on the initial Dragon Run at 8CCD-1.
etf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2009, 01:24 PM   #14 (permalink)

Nebkhat just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
You are all old. I've been 28 for seven years now; I will be hitting my 29th birthday in Sept.
Nebkhat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2009, 02:22 PM   #15 (permalink)

trancedjgabriel just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
29 and holding here...
trancedjgabriel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2009, 02:50 PM   #16 (permalink)

Barry
Shooter McGavin just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
32 here and thinking about going turbo with the SRT kit. I guess I'll just never "outgrow" this stuff.
Shooter McGavin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2009, 02:53 PM   #17 (permalink)
Hidy Ho Neighbor

-> Ken
GeezerSi likez to fill up with red trolleyGeezerSi likez to fill up with red trolleyGeezerSi likez to fill up with red trolleyGeezerSi likez to fill up with red trolleyGeezerSi likez to fill up with red trolleyGeezerSi likez to fill up with red trolleyGeezerSi likez to fill up with red trolleyGeezerSi likez to fill up with red trolleyGeezerSi likez to fill up with red trolleyGeezerSi likez to fill up with red trolleyGeezerSi likez to fill up with red trolley
Garage
Send a message via AIM to GeezerSi Send a message via MSN to GeezerSi
^ Are you going to be at the Dragon?
GeezerSi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2009, 03:01 PM   #18 (permalink)

Barry
Shooter McGavin just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeezerSi View Post
^ Are you going to be at the Dragon?
No, unfortunately I have to work. Hope everyone that goes has lots of fun.
Shooter McGavin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2009, 09:35 PM   #19 (permalink)

Robert
Siem Reap just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Send a message via AIM to Siem Reap
So who's going to be the youngest? (Driver...) I just turned 23.
Siem Reap is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2009, 10:45 PM   #20 (permalink)

Kevin Williams
hiphopaddict has their car in neutral right now
I hope I didn't offend any of the younger guys. I like to hang out with young-un's too. I went to the Import Alliance at the super speedway here in Nashville and I was the oldest there. I had a great time though.

I was just worried it was going to be "Romper Room"... I've never been to this meet before but I have been on the dragon. In my mind I was thinking the same as some of the others:

(Curves + Booze) / ****y Young Fellers = Life-Flight to the hospital on The Dragon. It's to be respected thoroughly or you'll end up off a cliff or worse. The last 2 times I went two Squids (i.e. young inexperienced sport-bike riders) had to be life-flighted out. One died I think.

I can't wait. I'm staying at Fontana and I'll be missing the first day (Thursday). I'll be there on Friday.

I'll see you all there.

hiphopaddict is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in