8th Generation Honda Civic Forum - View Single Post - Stock Tune K.Control at 100
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2019, 11:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
MisterBek

MisterBek has their car in neutral right now
Anyone with experience plz give input!

I flashed the engine with what is described above, let the car warm fully, and went for a drive, logging. I drove around for 5-8 minutes and registered what I would consider quite a few knocks, although I was poking the bear as it were. That file is log number 0004.

I pulled over and pulled a couple more degrees out of the ignition advance low table, one degree from 2500 - 3500 rpm and another all of the way from 2250 - 4000 rpm, all at 30deg cam angle, for all columns based on my first drive. That's when the unexpected began. On the drive back to my house I had a similar knock count, but I felt like I had SIGNIFICANTLY more power and throttle response in that range. The way I understsand ignition, reducing spark advance should only add power if you're way out of bounds. I need to compare more tomorrow, but I think the majority of my knocks in this log were at cam angles below 30deg. I have a feeling that my new found throttle response had me acting a little exuberantly and I caught it off it's typical angle. I'm desperately looking for any indication that removing timing like this is likely to damage my engine based on what I am seeing.

Of course, I was making plenty of knock so my K.Control parameter jumped quickly from 55 to 100 and it more or less stayed there over the duration of both logs.
Attached Files
File Type: fpdl datalog0004.fpdl (1.71 MB, 8 views)
File Type: fpdl datalog0005.fpdl (1.44 MB, 3 views)
MisterBek is offline   Reply With Quote