8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Discharge A/C prior to Supercharger installation

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  estoril73 
#1 ·
Is there a DIY on how to discharge your A/C prior to Supercharger installation? Would like to perform this in my garage than taking it to a shop for a fee. I get that i could just evacuate it from the A/C line from the purge valve but would rather do this procedure properly with the right tools. Any advice would be helpful, thanks!

#3 ·
thanks for your reply, m4tt. I have no intention of purging the valve or killing our ozone layer. HOwever, we do that already by just simply starting our petro cars on a daily basis. Anyhow, I know there are several youtube videos on how to discharge your A/C but just wanted to reach out to this community since its specific for our 8th gen. Any tips besides taking it to a shop. Any DIYers out there?!

#4 ·
Every time I have had to dc the Freon I just get a 10 mm socket, put it on an extension, in the front left hand corner of the car, passenger side, there is a metal hose/tube, that bolts to the compressor. Loosen that bolt and vent the Freon to atmosphere. The amount of Freon in the compressor is minimal, not even a big deal, as if venting it to atmosphere will end the entire world....

#5 ·
Thanks for the info. I went ahead and used an AC manifold gauge set from AutoZone (free with deposit) and discharged it from the "H" and "L" nozzle. The yellow hose (from the kit) went into a "tank". Took 10 minutes to discharge. "It would be a lot cooler if you believed in Global Warming" :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.