8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Headlight leveling? Factory HID? does JDM HAVE it and how can I get it?

4K views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  09CivicSiBrian 
#1 ·
As the topic states. I thought I saw the leveling switch in a magazine or something and I want it- and factory HID too! I can't find it. Does it exist?

Thanks for the help-
Brian

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#4 ·
Yep, some FD's have this feature.

It'd be a unique mod here in the states but it'll be hella expensive - ie: front end conversion, etc.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
I'm willing to do the conversion for sure, but I can't find the headlights. All I can find are standard non-aim fixtures...

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#16 ·
Instead of trying to cobble a hybrid between Canadian and JDM parts, why not look into parts from a market that already has what you're looking for? HID is available for European RHD countries, as is the leveling system. These parts can be ordered from Ling's Honda in UK.

Strangely, the parts lists for the HID equipped civics that I could find, do not include the leveling switch. The non-HID models do have the switch, and both model headlights have the same adjuster unit. I don't know what the HID models use to control the adjuster, but presumably the non-HID switch would work together with the HID lamps.

Also curious, the adjuster units cost more alone than an entire headlight unit... including the adjuster!

HID Headlights

Right headlight: 33101-SNB-G61
Left headlight: 33151-SNB-G61

you'll probably need other loose parts shown in the link. The inverters and the bulbs pretty pricey, but so are the headlights they fit into.

Halogen headlights
33101-SNB-G03
33151-SNB-G03

Switch
Adjuster switch: 35820-SNB-901

All this assumes of course that you're doing the FD conversion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.