8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Pics of Si Sedans with wheels and not lowered

4K views 22 replies 5 participants last post by  jforjonathan 
#1 ·
Im looking for some wheels for my black 08 si sedan and I dont want to lower it. Could you guys post up pics of your civic sedans with wheels and not lowered? Wheel/tire size info would be great too! thanks

#7 ·
rileyrat: thanks for the comparison pics! thats a really good way for me to see the difference.

tite681: the only reason i dont want to lower my car is because its so new and i dont want to mess with anything. deep inside i know it looks better lowered, but i just dont want to void warranties and such. i saw the hfp suspension and if i did lower mine..thats what i would go with.

#10 ·
I wish I can lower my car. I'm in a driving environment where there are dips, steep driveways, high curbs, hills, and pot holes. I am hoping someone lowers their Mugen and sells me their springs. If I am not mistaken, the Mugen springs perform better and has the same ride height as a stock Si.

#13 ·
There should be no problems with the HFP because they come factory assembled. The problem may be with the rear springs but there could be a host of reasons why those people's rear springs squeak. I've yet to have any issues with the multiple spring & suspension installs that I've done.

#15 ·
The fronts are a straight swap but the rears, the shocks & springs are seperate because of the design of the rear suspension system. I've done it enough times that it's easy for me & having all the required tools helps too.

I'm sure if you make a post asking for some suspension install help then someone will step up.

#20 ·
The trunk panels are easy, wheels sensors need to unclipped so that they don't rip out once you unbolt the shock but you don't completely remove it from the rear wheel assembly. Just unclip the sensor wire from the lower control arm to give you more slack on the wire. Yeah once you start the directions will all make sinse. I used a DIY a memeber made but I can't remember who made it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.