8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

**OFFICIAL July-6-08 meet PICTURE&VIDEO thread**

5K views 93 replies 17 participants last post by  montana-si 
#1 · (Edited)
Had a pretty good time meeting everyone and trying to organize a photoshoot of some sort, although it didnt really work out. I also realized in the process that im MUCH better shooting 1-3 cars in photoshoots...especially when i can take all the time i need to get the right shots and lighting conditions, etc.

anyhow, glad some new faces decided to come out and play as well! We ought to do some spirited runs (foothills/mtn runs), or events (go-kart racing, etc etc). Just throwing it out there. Well...ON WITH THE PICS.

Enjoy! **ninja edit: i have original sizes that havent been sized down by photobucket if you want them!**

Sean

this is all i got really... sorry for some lame-Os

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
great pics homie, i'll be uploading mine tomorrow, this time my homie jeff and myself got some good video footage, so i'll use that and some pics to create a small intro vid for us, i'll work on it tomorrow and post them up as well....now i need sleep! freaking island drive killed me, lmao.

#6 ·
Awesome pics Sean! They turned out real nice. It was nice seeing a bigger turnout, this time. Hopefully for the next meet it will only get bigger. Soon enough, not even Mongolian Grill will be able to seat us haha. Cant wait for the next one. Oooh and hopefully I get to wake up tomorow to find my catback and header waiting for me on my doorstep. Until next time guys.

Mike

#9 ·
I'm definately instaling the Vibrant catback myself, but I'm not sure if I'll instal the header myself. Just because it seems as though it would be a PITA without a proper lift. We'll see though. When I see it in person, I might be just that motivated to attempt it. Haha, I'm so going to have to run my car open header while instaling the catback. Just to hear how it sounds lol. My buddy and I did that on his WRX and it was rediculous. The loudness actually reminds me of your skunk2 Sam, lol! Anyways, yeah I'll keep you guys updated for sure. I'm probably going to take the car down to Intec after the instal and get it dyno'd. Curious to see what its running. Thanks for the offer too, Sam. I might take you up on that.

Mike

#10 ·
hell yeah homie, just let me know, and if you end up taking it down for a dyno, hit me up for that as well, i've been meaning to get mine dyno'd to see where i stand, but can't find a proper place, so keep me posted.

p.s. i told you skunk2 if efing loud! you can imagine how many ppl cover their ears and flip me off when i go through tunnels :vtec:

#13 ·
Ok, so it's late, and I had this thought running through my head most of the day, just confirmed my thoughts. Janet, tell your friend she is trippin'. She DOES NOT have a 2007 RSX Type S. As I thought, 06 was the last year of the RSX. :thumb: Man I need to get a life! :laughing:

#23 ·
hey sean, let's start setting up for an august meet, date unknown, but at least activities can be a dyno/bbq at dyno spot/and go kart racing.

janet got me the info for go karts, you can get the info for dyno and we'll start a post up to get ppl for august!

#21 ·
Nice pics. I cant wait til my wheel situation gets sorted out, then i wont be one of the only ones without wheels:banghead: Im down for more spirited runs too, just as long as it isnt drop off canyons. I wanna test my driving skils some more and see what I need to improve on.

#24 ·
Haha, on the 11th pic down you can see how my car almost got rear ended. It's all good though. Lil update on my exhaust stuff. So my Vibrant catback got here today but not my header. DHL said they couldn't find the address, even though its a neighborhood in Federal Way, right next to some major streets. Whatever though. They are suppose to call me tomorow for directions. How ghetto is that? lol. They better come asap in the morning. Oh, and I went out and bought a skunk2 shift knob. I installed it today and it feels amazing. So today wasn't a total waste after all. Oh, and nice pics Sam. I cant wait to see the vid.

Mike

#25 ·
ran into a minor difficulty with the vid, but hopefully i'll have that up tonight. oh and the skunk2 knob, that thing is awesome i got one in the car, make sure you don't use the collar screw, and get a bb pellet and drop it in the knob when you screw it on, so it sits low and the numbers line up, you'll know what i'm talking about once you get it. =)

i'll be posting more pics later on as well

#39 ·
So, lil update. I installed my Vibrant Catback today and it sounds amazing. I'm glad I didn't buy the second resonator. I checked around some shops to see how much a header instal would be and ouch. 250$ is pretty much the consensus. Which sucks. But we'll see. Wish me luck.

Mike

#40 ·
Okay guys so I just got my estimate back from the body shop today and they're saying that's it's going to be around a 10K fix. Oh and get this they are apparently going to be using non-OEM parts to fix the car, yea that's going to be a big no no. So anyways they're telling me that I am not going to have my car for another 4 months while they fix it. So yea I'm just loving this right now. Oh and I won't be able to go to the Canadian meet. Well I will keep you all posted. Keep em on the road and not in the shop!

#45 ·
Yeah, I'd be down to help you with the springs bro. It's really not hard at all to do. Shoot, I'm strongly contemplating doing the header myself. Does anyone know how hard it wi'll be without a lift? Is it possible? I'm hoping so, cause it will save me around 250$ lol. If anyone has any input on this, please hit me up, cause otherwise I will have to drop some serious cash just for an instal.

Mike

#57 ·
Alright cool. Im just looking on springs then maybe the hfp frony lip and some wheels to get if i cant get my 5zigens runnable. Then after that it's saving for the greddy kit again. maybe by the time i have it they will come out with that stupid programmable ECU so i can be puttin down 300+WHP and whoopin some sti and evo a$$ with only 8PSI.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.