Own a Gun? (merged threads) - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Off Topic > Water Cooler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2008, 10:09 PM   #1 (permalink)

Hox (R)
hoxecutor just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
concealed carry and home defense firearms, and all else too!

yo yous guys...

check it out. i live in the great state of florida, where one of the big things going for us is our NRA lobby and our second amendment rights. now, this is not to be a debate over the interpretation of such rights, as i assume all who care to post in here will stick to the following request (it is, after all, the reason for the thread ):

if your state has amicable gun laws and you legally own any firearms, what are they and what do you use them for? if you have product or personal pics of these weapons, please post them! what do you use for concealed carry (if your state supports citizen ccw licenses), and what about home defense? what target guns do you use, and what are your five-shot clusters on a 15-yard target like (inch spread, etc). what ammo do you use? brand and calibre, but the latter will be obvious from the cited model, naturally.

anything in particular you are looking forward to in the way of firearms coming out or new weapons to buy as your next or other future purposes?

what weapon goes best in the center console of glovebox of you sweet honda civic?

ill answer these for myself below, to keep the op comfortably limited. im not whoring, trust me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2008, 10:20 PM   #2 (permalink)

Hox (R)
hoxecutor just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
i own the following (not including inherited rifles or shotguns, etc., as i never use them and all need refinishing):

keltec p3at (.380, 6+1)

steyr ma-1 (.40, 12+1 and 10+1, depending on clip)

these are the only handguns i have (revolvers givem me by my pep-pep notwithstanding), but i dont care for the keltec. its decent, and ruger just released a straightup copy of it (may have even bought the rights to share the model, i am not sure... the designs and materials are identical though). its too small and inaccurate, though i know a guy who i let shoot it at the range and he was hitting a 20 oz coke bottle at about ten yards perfectly each shot. plus, the clip has the horrible proclivity to come disengaged whilst in your pocket, whether you keep it sheathed or not. no thanks.

the steyr is a great gun and the triangle sights are aimed true at 25 yards. i get about a three inch spread at 15 yards with five shots, but only four in that spread usually. 80 percents not bad, but that fifth round misses completely the guns just too big to comfortably carry, as its a 4" barrel.

this is the gun i will be getting shortly. its about 750 usd, and is the best thing i can find for personal defense and concealed carry, imo: smith and wesson 360pd. five shot revolver in .357 magnum (which of course shoots .38 and .38+p too). cant wait to get it.

hoxecutor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2008, 11:10 PM   #3 (permalink)

I'm me
GoHuskies sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicGoHuskies sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicGoHuskies sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicGoHuskies sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicGoHuskies sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicGoHuskies sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicGoHuskies sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicGoHuskies sometimes day dreams about 8thcivic
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoxecutor View Post
what weapon goes best in the center console of glovebox of you sweet honda civic?
Well since I live in the liberal northeast I have some pepper spray.

I'd be nice if every state would allow you to pack a defense. I can't help but always think back to the 2006 Madonna concert. A couple leaving early walked to their car while it was being stolen, they were shot in the back while attempting to run away.
GoHuskies is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2008, 05:38 PM   #4 (permalink)

G3N1AR34D just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Yah, Subway in a town 10 miles north of here got robbed for a small amount of money and still shot some lady in the leg. I mean how lame is that? I carry a Glock 26 (9mm) ((Its subcompact known as the baby glock)) but am thinking about getting the ruger LCP (380 really long wait list everywhere though) really good gun way smaller. My hub has it shoots half inch groups (Just point and shoot). We combined have quite a bit too many to post but it's a serious hobby of ours. We shoot skeet, competition pistol and so forth. I just got a remington 1100-20g-sporting model for skeet. <<Love it btw
G3N1AR34D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2008, 09:31 PM   #5 (permalink)

JPK
paolo2k2 just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
i would love to have a gun when someone broke my windshield
paolo2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2008, 07:57 AM   #6 (permalink)

e
denooch just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
hunting, recreation target shooting, home protection & collecting
denooch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2008, 09:12 AM   #7 (permalink)

Mabuz squeals their tires in neutralMabuz squeals their tires in neutralMabuz squeals their tires in neutralMabuz squeals their tires in neutralMabuz squeals their tires in neutralMabuz squeals their tires in neutralMabuz squeals their tires in neutralMabuz squeals their tires in neutralMabuz squeals their tires in neutralMabuz squeals their tires in neutralMabuz squeals their tires in neutral
If you're not set on a revolver for concealed carry, I'd suggest looking into the Smith M&P line of compact semi-autos. I have the M&P .40c; it's really accurate (especially since it's a compact), and has been absolutely reliable. Runs around $400-$450, so a lot less than the revolver you mentioned too.

Smith did have some hiccups with their initial M&P production runs a few years ago, but have supposedly fixed all of them. I've put over 1K rounds through mine (FMJ and JHP) and have not had one problem.
Mabuz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2008, 09:43 AM   #8 (permalink)

Jeff-fa-fa
VTEC_flux just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
No pics, but.

Home Defense:
S&W 686 .357 4" Magnum Revolver (Remington Golden Talon Hollow point)
Glock 22 .40cal (Remington Golden Talon Hollow point)
Remington 870 4+1 12ga. (Remington Express 3" 00 Buckshot)

Target:
Marlin .22 bolt-action w/ 8x Bushnell scope
Beretta Neos .22 Pistol 4" Barrel w/ 1x Red dot sight

Fun/collector:
(1940) Japanese Type 99 Arisaka Bolt-action Rifle (7.7x58mm Jap) (in perfect firing condition)
VTEC_flux is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2008, 09:51 AM   #9 (permalink)

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabuz View Post
If you're not set on a revolver for concealed carry, I'd suggest looking into the Smith M&P line of compact semi-autos. I have the M&P .40c; it's really accurate (especially since it's a compact), and has been absolutely reliable. Runs around $400-$450, so a lot less than the revolver you mentioned too.

Smith did have some hiccups with their initial M&P production runs a few years ago, but have supposedly fixed all of them. I've put over 1K rounds through mine (FMJ and JHP) and have not had one problem.
I weigh 110 so I don't think I could conceal a revolver too well but I have looked at the M&P and I was thinking about getting the hub one. I need something pretty small that doesn't print.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:31 AM   #10 (permalink)

ryker just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicryker just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicryker just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicryker just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicryker just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicryker just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicryker just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicryker just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicryker just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicryker just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicryker just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivic
Quote:
Originally Posted by G3N1AR34D View Post
I weigh 110 so I don't think I could conceal a revolver too well but I have looked at the M&P and I was thinking about getting the hub one. I need something pretty small that doesn't print.
Mace to the face, kick to the nuts, and run like hell.

I've got a full size M&P 40. Good pistol for the price. I read the Canadian police will be using them.
ryker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2008, 10:56 AM   #11 (permalink)

e
how often do u use that peice ryker?

i just collect. i bought an old german mauser and a russian 8mm cheap too =|

Last edited by denooch; 10-24-2008 at 10:57 AM.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:08 AM   #12 (permalink)

ryker just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicryker just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicryker just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicryker just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicryker just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicryker just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicryker just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicryker just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicryker just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicryker just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivicryker just slammed it into 6th gear on 8thcivic
I don't use it - was part of a trade. I've got a nice H&K Expert or custom 1911 that is much more accurate to shoot.
ryker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2008, 11:09 AM   #13 (permalink)

e
mac9's are fun. we took fruit and bowling pins to the range .....they banned in cali now but my buddy has had one for the longest. u can empty the 20 round clip as fast as u can pull the trigger
i like shotguns though. clay pigeon shooting fun too. i want a benelli

Last edited by denooch; 10-24-2008 at 11:11 AM.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:13 AM   #14 (permalink)
Tuna Fiddle

Dave
twistedframe likez to fill up with red trolleytwistedframe likez to fill up with red trolleytwistedframe likez to fill up with red trolleytwistedframe likez to fill up with red trolleytwistedframe likez to fill up with red trolleytwistedframe likez to fill up with red trolleytwistedframe likez to fill up with red trolleytwistedframe likez to fill up with red trolleytwistedframe likez to fill up with red trolleytwistedframe likez to fill up with red trolleytwistedframe likez to fill up with red trolley
Send a message via AIM to twistedframe
I've got:
Mossberg 500 Cruiser for home defense loaded with 00 buckshot
Glock 30 for CCW .45 ACP hollow point (Corbon 165 grain)

Panther Arms AR-15 (don't actually have this in my possesion yet, but it is sitting at my local FFL dealer already paid for, waiting for me to pick it up)

I'll get some pictures when I get home tonight.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
twistedframe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2008, 11:18 AM   #15 (permalink)

Edis
07blackonblack lives their life a quarter mile at a time07blackonblack lives their life a quarter mile at a time07blackonblack lives their life a quarter mile at a time07blackonblack lives their life a quarter mile at a time07blackonblack lives their life a quarter mile at a time07blackonblack lives their life a quarter mile at a time
I dont wanna let it go but dont have money to throw up for another smaller one to carry.. ive never shot a more accurate gun then the 92 tho...
07blackonblack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2008, 11:21 AM   #16 (permalink)
Tuna Fiddle

Dave
twistedframe likez to fill up with red trolleytwistedframe likez to fill up with red trolleytwistedframe likez to fill up with red trolleytwistedframe likez to fill up with red trolleytwistedframe likez to fill up with red trolleytwistedframe likez to fill up with red trolleytwistedframe likez to fill up with red trolleytwistedframe likez to fill up with red trolleytwistedframe likez to fill up with red trolleytwistedframe likez to fill up with red trolleytwistedframe likez to fill up with red trolley
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07blackonblack View Post
I dont wanna let it go but dont have money to throw up for another smaller one to carry.. ive never shot a more accurate gun then the 92 tho...
try GunsAmerica - Connecting Gun Buyers to Gun Sellers Since 1997 - Guns For Sale & Gun Auctions B"H. Its like ebay for guns, and every so often you will find an awesome deal on there. I picked up my Glock 30 on there brand new for $425, with the case, 2 mags, and the cleaning set.

Old 10-24-2008, 11:30 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedframe View Post
I've got:
Mossberg 500 Cruiser for home defense loaded with 00 buckshot
Glock 30 for CCW .45 ACP hollow point (Corbon 165 grain)

Panther Arms AR-15 (don't actually have this in my possesion yet, but it is sitting at my local FFL dealer already paid for, waiting for me to pick it up)

I'll get some pictures when I get home tonight.

Did you buy the AR-15 already built or did you order upper and lower? Just wondering?! (Cause you are waiting to pick it up?)
Old 10-24-2008, 11:32 AM   #18 (permalink)
All Liver GSP's!

07BlakBlak has an enormous 8thcivic turbo07BlakBlak has an enormous 8thcivic turbo07BlakBlak has an enormous 8thcivic turbo07BlakBlak has an enormous 8thcivic turbo07BlakBlak has an enormous 8thcivic turbo07BlakBlak has an enormous 8thcivic turbo07BlakBlak has an enormous 8thcivic turbo07BlakBlak has an enormous 8thcivic turbo07BlakBlak has an enormous 8thcivic turbo07BlakBlak has an enormous 8thcivic turbo07BlakBlak has an enormous 8thcivic turbo
Benelli Super Black Eagle for home defense. Dont/cant carry.
07BlakBlak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2008, 11:33 AM   #19 (permalink)

Obtw..Where are all the chicks? There really aren't a lot of them that shoot huh? I would just like to find some girls to go to the range with that I don't have to teach them how to load a gun. Last time my husband and I took a couple with us and the guy wasn't a terrible shot but she loaded 22's into my 9mm and had a massive jam and was like why isn't this shooting..We gave her the 270..when she shot it she squealed like a pig. lmao
Old 10-24-2008, 11:37 AM   #20 (permalink)
Tuna Fiddle

Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by G3N1AR34D View Post
Did you buy the AR-15 already built or did you order upper and lower? Just wondering?! (Cause you are waiting to pick it up?)
its built but I have a whole bunch of parts (mostly accessories like red dot sight, hand guards, and a bipod) sitting in my basement waiting to get installed. I haven't picked it up yet just b/c the dealer closes at 5 and I work until 6 all week and don't have a lot of time to get it. Hopefully I will be picking it up next week.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.